Thread: 12 Step Program for Pachi Addiction

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 12 Step Program for Pachi Addiction

This is also posted on the "Vintage" section...however, not everyone visits both sections so...

Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - but also, that we had no more storage capacity for new machines.
    Step 2 - Came to believe (at least that's what we said) that a Power greater than ourselves could (supposedly) restore us to sanity (wife/husband/etc threatens to destroy not only the next machine to come into the home, but the existing ones as well).
    Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our computers off and stop searching for new/old pachis until we eliminate some of the existing collection (Blackberries and library computers are fair game, though).
    Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless physcial inventory of our pachis.
    Step 5 - Admitted to the wife/husband/etc, to ourselves and to another human being the exact number of pachis hidden in the basement.
    Step 6 - Were willing to APPEAR to remove these pachies from the premises and my life (as long as a safehouse has previously been established)
    Step 7 - Humbly asked him/her to forgive our shortcomings (a nice dinner and flowers might actually give the appearance of sincerity).
    Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had paid less than market value to for their pachi, and became willing to put them on your christmas card list (are you crazy? no way I'm sending them "guilt" cash).
    Step 9 - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others (Tell them that you fixed up the machines and contributed them to an orphanage...they are bringing smiles to children without families. Hey, the truth would be injurious...)
    Step 10 - Continued to take pachi inventory and when another machine is purchased (for the "safehouse"), promptly admitted it (to your own diary).
    Step 11 - Sought new internet surfing techniques to improve our knowledge of all sources-Pachi and praying for knowledge of the best deal on a highly sought machine before anyone on Pachitalk finds out about it.
    Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs

AMEN.
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Bigdog