Thread: DD Sticky Reels

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default DD Sticky Reels

The left and center reels on my Dragon Dice stick sometimes, i.e., they start, then hesitate, then start again. The left sticks more often than the center. This doesn't happen all the time, the left one sticks maybe once in 50 spins, and the center sticks less frequently than that. When the reels stick, it's always got the same symbols showing. The motors themselves are pretty quiet.

Pachinko_Pallace says I need to be in front of the machine when I call or they can't help me via phone. Unfortunately, they close 1/2 hour before I leave the office.

But then, I guess that's why we have PachiTalk!

FYI, I checked the set screws that hold the collar onto the axle (?) and they're tight. I did not try to lube the motor because I don't want to gum it up. Should I shoot some De-Oxit in there to clean it?

Can one of you gurus get me pointed in the right direction? Thanks...

-TW
    Dragon Dice * Arra King * King Camel * Ougonshin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wonder how long it sticks for? My right DD reel sometimes hesitates for a second or so after the other two reels take off after pushing the joy stick. I just figured it was aligning itself. (Like yours, it does this onlly about every 50 times or so.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

:-) Hiya Slotter! Stickiness lasts only a second or so. Just long enough to make you wonder what the &$%@ is goin' on. It would be easier to live with if I knew for certain that the motors aren't going bad.

-TW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey, TeeDubya!

I'm not going to worry about it. Perhaps, it has to do with that fourth reel on this machine and just aligning itself. Mine has done it since I got it and it works fine other than that. I'd bet your motors are just fine. :wink:

I'm pretending it's a "feature" to create excitement! :lol: :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have seen a couple of machines that do the reel stutter if you hit the stop buttons faster that the machine wants you to. In every case, if I slow down the time between the joystick and the 1st button, and the time between buttons, the stutter goes away. On some of my other machines, it plays a special tune and light up a WAIT indicator if you "play too fast".

Chris W

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Chris,

No, this is a different effect. It might be a lot of time since whatever you last did, then when you push the joystick and as the reels start up, the stutter occurs. Don't even need to press the stop buttons.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmmm. What you describe is exactly the way I would describe the stutter I see if hit the stop buttons faster that the machine "wants". The reels function normally for that play, but on the NEXT play (could be hours later) the reels won't start up at the same time when the joystick is pressed. They start up one at a time in "protest" of the prior round being played too fast. It may very well be a different issue, but you description matched the behavior I see.

On a related note. Some of my machines will self-stop after about 30 seconds if I don't press any of the stop buttons.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have to say, I have not seen that happen... that it remembers one hit the stop buttons too quickly on the last play. It could be, though! I'll watch for it! :lol:

I think most all the machine reels autostop after a time period. That saves the reel motors from burning out in case they are just left there running for hours on end.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On most of my machines it can be demonstrated very easily. Just intentionally hit the buttons as fast as you can. My Yamasa machines will stutter start the reels. My Universal/Olympia will play a tune and/or ask you to wait. I'll have to try my Sammy/Aristocrats when I get home, I don't think they react.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The sound your hearing is the wait sound for going faster than the machine likes and the reels I believe what you're seeing is the reels syncing themselves. This isn't something to worry about.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What I believe TeeDubya described and what I am referring too isn't the "going too fast" sound and possible stutter.

At least for me, this only happens on the Dragon Dice machine. What happens is this: Even though you've gone slow on stop button pushing and gone slow on the joystick, every once in awhile, when the joystick is pushed, two reels start and one of the reels just sits for a moment. Then it starts.

I do think it is just synching up as Tulsa said and am personally not a bit concerned about it. :wink:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slotter
    I have to say, I have not seen that happen... that it remembers one hit the stop buttons too quickly on the last play. It could be, though! I'll watch for it! :lol:

I think most all the machine reels autostop after a time period. That saves the reel motors from burning out in case they are just left there running for hours on end.
    The slot manufacturers vehemently deny that the machines have any sort of recollection of what they just did. They say a machine doesn't know if it just paid out a bonus or if it's been ice cold for a week.

All three of my machines will stop the reels automatically after about 30 sec. of spinning.

If you're playing fast, pressing spin immediately after hitting the last stop button, all three of these machines are gonna make you wait. But none will stutter the reels. Azteca and Dragon Dice both have a little tune they play when the "wait" light comes on. On Camel, there is a brief hesitation before the reels start up. But this only happens when you spin, not when the stop buttons are being pressed.

For all of my machines, the following is true: As long as you only press one button at a time, you can press them as fast as you like. But then again, I don't own a Yamasa or Olympia.

Slotter, Tulsa, and Chris--thanks for your responses.

-TW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: DD Sticky Reels

Hello to you, excuse my English, I'm French. I was in the same situation as you stick to the reels. I found a connector was not inserted on my card. See picture.

DSC00956.jpg

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alexil