Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello, newbie here. Looking for Pachinko gameplay help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hello, newbie here. Looking for Pachinko gameplay help!

Firstly, hello to all!

I bought my first (yup, sure I'll be getting more!) Pachinko machine today. It's called 'Hanabi'.

I've managed to get it playing, but I only have 50 balls at the moment. I am a bit lost to be honest, and would appreciate any help anyone can give me... I have so many questions! Please answer any that you can so that I can get the most out of this fun looking game. (I have never played a Pachinko machine before)

1) Is there an English manual available for this game? (Online/hard copy)
    2) When you press the buttons on the control panel, lots of options come up; what do these do?
    3) How many balls do I need to run this machine properly? I have 500 ordered but I'm thinking that's not even enough to fill the payout shute!
    4) If the machine is empty, or low on balls, will it still play the same as when full. (Will the bonus round still come up?)
    5) Are the numbers that spin round random? So far, I've not managed to get 3 in a line!
    6) I'm going to mount this on the wall, in a wooden box. Does it need much ventilation?
    7) Does anyone know the laws regarding Pachinko machines? i.e. percentage payout, speed of ball release, maximum prize etc. I'm very interested in why certain things 'are' and asume there are lots of laws restricting what goes on within gameplay.
    8) What does 'Hanabi' mean? Is it a licensed product from a cartoon, or is it purely a theme made up for this game?
    9) I saw a Lupin Pachinko machine. Are there any other Studio Ghibli themed games, like Totoro or Laputa?
    10) Are these machines still being made? Are they still legal in Japan? I heard that standard slot games are replacing them now.
    11) What's the general idea with this game? lol. What happens when you get the 3 numbers the same? Do you need to continue firing balls or do you just sit back and watch?
    12) A firework scene popped up and the numbers all went in slow motion, but sadly didn't match up (missed by one!). After that, the whole backdrop (LCD) has changed theme. Is this a progression through the game, or just a change of scene to keep you interested?

Any help or advice greatfully recieved!

Many thanks in advance!

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Usagi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hello, newbie here. Looking for Pachinko gameplay help!

im more of a vintage kinda guy but there are lots of members to help u out

all i wana say is

Welcoome to Pachitalk

and welcome to the dark side
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i think hanabi means fireworks
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the PachiTalk family!!

I am also a "vintage" machine kind of guy, but there are plenty of people on this site that can address your questions!

Thanks for joining the site and posting your questions.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hiya.

Thanks for the welcome.

There are vintage Pachinko machines? I asumed they were a modern idea. Are there any pictures of older/original versions? I love old machines.

Fireworks would make sense! There're a lot of fireworks in the theme!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pachinko's date all the way back to the 1920's. There are many folks on this site who collect and restore vintage machines (1960's - 1970's), as well as a few who collect antique machines (1950's and earlier). There are also plenty who collect the more modern machines with electric ball shooters, electronics and video.

You can find all kinds of photos and information about vintage machines by searching through the Vintage Pachinko forum.
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 04-07-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!

I'm a vintage guy too, but I just ordered James Bond (modern). So I, like you will have little experience with new machines. There will be no shortage of people to help you as I have found out. You will need about 500 balls to play.

Welcome to the dark side - Did someone say something about cookies?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For a vintage...500 balls would be more than enough. However, for the modern machines (and especially if you are going to hang it) more like 1500 balls is a good number. That is what I run in my machines ... all modern. During a fever, i only need to fill the hopper once. I'm fine with that, because fifteen hundred balls are heavy!
    Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

welcome!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Hello, newbie here. Looking for Pachinko gameplay help!

Greetings and WELCOME!
    You will really love the Hanabi machine. I have one, it's amongst my favorites.
    A few possible answers ...
    You can play with 50 balls I guess, but i'm sure that you will run through them in less than a minute. A thousand or so are really needed and 2 thousand would be better.
    You dont need reward balls to go through all the fever rounds but the machine will remember how many reward balls are "owed". When you next fill the reward hopper the machine will pay off all "owed" balls.
    The scenes do progress as you move further through the game. I think I have seen 6 different scenes. I remember that someone (here) mentioned that by manipulating the menu selections you could start the game in different scenes but I cant seem to find the string...
    Have FUN

13. The following user says "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I love Vintage machines.. there the best

had Dinner with my dad over the last weekend (he Drove the 800 miles south) and we were talking about pachinkos and the ones he used to have.. we logged on pachitalk and looked threw my albums.. he saw the style of machines he used to have.. (nothing like a walk down memory lane).. he saw my Arepachi's now hes hooked again.. by the end of our visit he was surfing craigs list looking for a machine to pick up on the way home another pachiaholic falls off the wagon

take a look at vintage machines pages and look at other albums... shocksystem has a few nice machines.. and is doing a complete over the top restoration and modification of a machine.. truly amazing work.. check out my albums... wrkey has some verry nice pachinkos as well

congrats on your new addiction
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Take a look at Sharmoni's photo album too. He has one from nearly every period starting with a machine from 1940!! It's an awesome collection!!

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/memb...pachinkos.html
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 04-07-2009 at 10:19 PM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

17. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Hello, newbie here. Looking for Pachinko gameplay help!

Yes hanabi means fireworks!!

Looks like you got a lot of questions answered already,

I'm sure you will have lots of fun just playing your Pachinko and finding out how it works as you play it,

The 'Research Centre' should open up to you shortly and you will find Pachinko and Pachislo listings as well as manuals and FAQs etc

Regarding vintages, I notice you are in England, Vintages aren't very easy to find over here, I have been looking on and off for years and finally managed to get one a short while ago, but it was worth the wait

oh and Welcome to PachiTalk Usagi!!

Last edited by hanabi; 04-08-2009 at 02:46 AM.
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

19. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Youngjedi View Post
    For a vintage...500 balls would be more than enough. However, for the modern machines (and especially if you are going to hang it) more like 1500 balls is a good number. That is what I run in my machines ... all modern. During a fever, i only need to fill the hopper once. I'm fine with that, because fifteen hundred balls are heavy!
    Hiya!

I have 500 ordered, and 50 here, but I do intend to hang it, so I'll probably order some more. I've played it quite a bit now (with my 50 balls lol) and it's taken about 3500 to get the 'fever'. Not sure what was going on as I didn't have any balls in the reward hopper hehe!
    A few possible answers ...
    You can play with 50 balls I guess, but i'm sure that you will run through them in less than a minute. A thousand or so are really needed and 2 thousand would be better.
    You dont need reward balls to go through all the fever rounds but the machine will remember how many reward balls are "owed". When you next fill the reward hopper the machine will pay off all "owed" balls.
    The scenes do progress as you move further through the game. I think I have seen 6 different scenes. I remember that someone (here) mentioned that by manipulating the menu selections you could start the game in different scenes but I cant seem to find the string...
    Have FUN
    I ran through the menu and saw the selections you're talking about but once I played a ball it reset to the default scene. Not sure what went on there! Maybe it has a battery backup and the battery is dead?

Still, I managed to get 2 scenes up and a 'fever' round so I got to see quite a lot. No rush, I'll continue playing it and hopeully it will surprise me here or there!

had Dinner with my dad over the last weekend (he Drove the 800 miles south) and we were talking about pachinkos and the ones he used to have.. we logged on pachitalk and looked threw my albums.. he saw the style of machines he used to have.. (nothing like a walk down memory lane).. he saw my Arepachi's now hes hooked again.. by the end of our visit he was surfing craigs list looking for a machine to pick up on the way home another pachiaholic falls off the wagon

take a look at vintage machines pages and look at other albums... shocksystem has a few nice machines.. and is doing a complete over the top restoration and modification of a machine.. truly amazing work.. check out my albums... wrkey has some verry nice pachinkos as well

congrats on your new addiction
    Hiya,

I've had a look through some of the vintage stuff. Never realised they even existed! They're really lovely. I'm going to have to get myself one of these for sure!

I also LOVE over the top restorations I have a large collection of UK slot machines and I'm slowly going through them trying to make them 'as new'. I'll probably never finish the lot, but that's kind of the idea; it would be boring to not have a project left!!!
    Last edited by Usagi; 04-09-2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSJE4 View Post
    Take a look at Sharmoni's photo album too. He has one from nearly every period starting with a machine from 1940!! It's an awesome collection!!

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/memb...pachinkos.html
    Thanks for that. I looked through them all and am 'done in' to be honest. These are all new to mel never knew they even existed.

My Dad has a couple of old UK 'All Wins' which are basically simple versions of Pachinko and they are left standing by this lot lol.

My Dad also wants a Pachinko machine, but I think I'll show him the older ones first. Not so sure he's ready for the modern ones! hehe

Looks like you got a lot of questions answered already,

I'm sure you will have lots of fun just playing your Pachinko and finding out how it works as you play it,

The 'Research Centre' should open up to you shortly and you will find Pachinko and Pachislo listings as well as manuals and FAQs etc

Regarding vintages, I notice you are in England, Vintages aren't very easy to find over here, I have been looking on and off for years and finally managed to get one a short while ago, but it was worth the wait

oh and Welcome to PachiTalk Usagi!!

Hi hanabi, nice name

I've played it quite a lot now. It still confuses me at times, but I've had a bonus round now and it was great fun. I wish I had the balls to go with it, as I'm sure it's better then, but it was still good (and loud!)

I've definately got to get hold of a vintage machine at some point. I have a collection of UK slot machines (up to 30 years old) and a few older machines (Mills Vest Pocket, Bryan's Bullion, old Sega) but there's something about these old Pachinko's that are already grabbing me lol.
    Last edited by Usagi; 04-09-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The following user says "Thanks" to Usagi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Many thanks to all for such a warm welcome here.

This is my first machine and this kind of response, when questions are asked, can make or break someone new to the scene.

Brilliant. Thank you.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Usagi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk and congratulations on your Hanabi pachinko!

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi View Post

1) Is there an English manual available for this game? (Online/hard copy)
    3) How many balls do I need to run this machine properly? I have 500 ordered but I'm thinking that's not even enough to fill the payout shute!
    4) If the machine is empty, or low on balls, will it still play the same as when full. (Will the bonus round still come up?)
    5) Are the numbers that spin round random? So far, I've not managed to get 3 in a line!
    6) I'm going to mount this on the wall, in a wooden box. Does it need much ventilation?
    7) Does anyone know the laws regarding Pachinko machines? i.e. percentage payout, speed of ball release, maximum prize etc. I'm very interested in why certain things 'are' and asume there are lots of laws restricting what goes on within gameplay.
    8) What does 'Hanabi' mean? Is it a licensed product from a cartoon, or is it purely a theme made up for this game?
    9) I saw a Lupin Pachinko machine. Are there any other Studio Ghibli themed games, like Totoro or Laputa?
    10) Are these machines still being made? Are they still legal in Japan? I heard that standard slot games are replacing them now.
    11) What's the general idea with this game? lol. What happens when you get the 3 numbers the same? Do you need to continue firing balls or do you just sit back and watch?
    12) A firework scene popped up and the numbers all went in slow motion, but sadly didn't match up (missed by one!). After that, the whole backdrop (LCD) has changed theme. Is this a progression through the game, or just a change of scene to keep you interested?
    5) As random as the computer programming can be.
    9) Haven't heard of any and since I'm a Hayao Miyazaki fan that would be cool.
    10) Yes still being made by many different manufacturers. New ones coming out every year. Still legal in Japan. Pachislos (slot machines) are not replacing them.
    11) You go into the bonus round and shoot like mad to get the most balls in the gate up your winnings.
    12) That was called a reach when it may or may not give you 3 numbers and the bonus round. Sit back and watch the animation.

Translated version of http://www.n-pachi.jp/machine/pachinko/mizuho/cr_hanabi/index.html=
    Machines I own: ...see my profile

26. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to outdoorenth

Thanks
    Thanks Received

and a few older machines (Mills Vest Pocket, Bryan's Bullion, old Sega) but there's something about these old Pachinko's that are already grabbing me lol.
    what model is your sega???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi outdoorenth,

Good to hear they're still being made

Many thanks for the translation link, very interesting reading
    Not sure, I'll have to get back to you on that. Looks like 60's or 70's. It has an escalator but no jackpot. There's a lit up thing on top called "Silver Dollar" that pays a jackpot and repeats but I've not got that up yet!
    Last edited by Usagi; 04-10-2009 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not sure, I'll have to get back to you on that. Looks like 60's or 70's. It has an escalator but no jackpot. There's a lit up thing on top called "Silver Dollar" that pays a jackpot and repeats but I've not got that up yet!
    send me a pic when u have time please

i have two sega's i think they are unusual machines and totaly undervalued

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast