Thread: Ogon Kami

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Ogon Kami

Has anyone played this game or have any opinions?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Actually, just found it here:
    http://www.stealthhomeamusement.com/egpaslma.html
    [/img]

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's Ougonshin (Gold God) made by Olympia in 2003.

The Olympia website has a virtual pachislot, a press photo, mp3 sound files, wallpaper,
    a video, and other info about the machine.
    http://www.olympia.co.jp/
    Pachinko Museum listing
    http://www.pachinkomuseum.com/gendai...n_g/index.html
    Pamphlet scans
    http://www.n-pachi.jp/panfu/data/pac...hin/index.html

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It looks good. Anyone have any opinions about how it plays?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I played the virtual for about 30 spins, my first impression of it was that the video background just shifting back and fourth like it does and occasionally doing a 3 number slot round was a bit weak. Not enough going on with it that made me want to continue to play it.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Ougonshin (Egyptian/Cleopatra)

We got Ougonshin from Stealth (demos777) delivered yesterday. I too had played the simulation and although the video didn't look that exciting, it was the music that hooked me.

Now that it's here, I have to say that the video has quite a bit going on. It's very high res and 3D too!

There are 2 small tweeters on either side of the top glass. Turn the thing around and there's a huge 6" subwoofer behind a metal grille pointed right at you. The machine was advertised as having a dial volume control. It is a dial in the sense that it's rotary. There are 10 detents (settings), and you'd think that the level would be adjustable from nearly nothing to ear splitting. Not so. It goes from nearly nothing directly to ear splitting. Nothing in between, no happy medium. I'll use resistors on the tweeters and an L-Pad on the subwoofer.

But it was the music I liked. During JAC games, they give you a screaming guitar solo. BB games 1 & 2, it sounds like a Hammond organ figure that Keith Emerson might play (if he ever played anything slowly). Bonus Round 3 (RB) is a wicked violin riff that's really smokin'. Can't wait to hear it again...

Interesting to note that I got a really crappy door key with this machine. It's flimsy, it's going to snap off after a few uses, and that's all I'm gonna say about it.

The reel graphics are really nicely done, with a silver sparkle background. Cleopatra's face is inset on the red 7, while the blue 7 has a cobra. They look really cool when they're backlit. You also have a black bar symbol with the Eye of Horus for RB, and a gold Ougonshin symbol that's cool but has nothing to do with the bonus. Other symbols are watermelons, cherries, and JACs.

The lighting is nothing to write home about, I'd give it a 6--average at best. There are no strobes, just a double row of type 85 bulbs across the top. The spin knob doesn't light up either. They put the money into the sound system and the video screen on this one.

Overall the machine seems to be pretty well built. There's not much mechanical noise from the reels or the hopper, and the stop buttons have a nice feel to them. The lady herself, Cleopatra, looks pretty spiffy on the belly glass. She's wearing a 24K gold bikini, complete with headgear. Yikes!

TeeDubya rates this machine:
    Playability: 8
    Music: 10+
    Artwork: 9
    Bikini/Eye Makeup: 125

Other than that, I don't really have much of an opinion about this.

-TW
    Dragon Dice * Arra King * King Camel * Ougonshin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Ogon Kami

The videos are pretty cool. Sometime though, that music stays in my head for hours after I have finished playing it. It is a great machine, at least to us. The most quiet one we have.
    Gold God - Don Don King - Kung Fu Lady II - New Pulsar