Im an older mechanical pinhead trying to do some work on a friends Vintage Nishijin Power Flash. The previous wiring was/is a mess. The junction box was butchered. There was an older 24v chime transformer that was wired into the light circuit and tulip coil circuit (the 14v bulbs sure are bright!).

A few questions here; I have read in various threads that the coils are 24v. How has anyone confirmed this? I have disassembled every coil and have found no voltage spec or coil winding numbers.

I am not an electronics expert, so can anyone tell me what the function of the resistor circuit board is in the fuse/junction box? Currently, I have the game wired (through the circuit board), the output voltage at the plug socket to the coils measures only 8 volts. I know I measure 16v going into the board ( using the 16v side of the transformer). Can the circuit board be eliminated and wire the 24v side of the transformer directly to the coil circuit? What am I doing wrong here?

I could not find a suitable 10v/24v transformer so I am currently using a new Thomas and Betts 8/16/24v door chime transformer for testing (using the 16v side for tests to the coil circuit).

Is there any way to simplify this mess? The owner wants to hardwire the games, so batteries are not an option for the light circuit.

Any suggestions is graciously appreciated.