Thread: Got my Nishijin A Single-shot

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Got my Nishijin A Single-shot

Woo! it finally arrived!

I just took a few pics before I start cleaning it up. It came with about 750 balls, but a lot are badly rusted, so they're soaking in some CLR before I throw them in the tumbler.

A few questions though...I've played on a Nishijin A before, but not a single shot. What is the red box in the bottom right of the playfield? I made a few pockets, and sometimes the balls would end up there instead of giving a payout...and there's a switch on the right side which is connected to that...

I also found a machine similar to mine on the pachinkomans page, so here's that link:
    Vintage Pachinko Museum - 111 Nishijin A Pachinko Machine
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Mauk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Got my Nishijin A Single-shot

Nice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice machine. I have 2 of them now.

the red plastic is spare balls, and it gets filled if you hit two jackpots at the same time. I guess the jackpot regulator in the old days couldn't handle more than one ball at a time, so this area stored them. some of the A's had a light in that corner, too, but this one is just visual. if you really back up the balls in the storage, then they fall back to the shooter area, which is a rip off, since you don't get your 14 ball jackpot.

you use the button to cash out these balls.

odd thing, however, is that I never end up with balls in the storage area, b/c I play them one at a time. maybe if you shoot 2-3 balls at once and get lucky?
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

5. The following user says "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well put chewy

i have never used my over flow either... to be honest i dont even know if it works right cause i only shoot one at a time and watch the ball all the way threw.. something about a single shot that makes me play really slow and enjoy the randomness of the balls path

il have to pull it back out and hand feed the jackpot a few
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ah, well I had several balls back up in there, but that was while the jackpot mechanism was acting a bit funny.

I know several people have non-working vintages they use for parts, so does anyone have the red plastic piece with the crown in the center of the playfield? The current one is cracked, missing a bit, and was glued back on.

here's a pic of it:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice looking machine. Congrats!
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice Variation of the Single Shot-A.

How does the winning ball overflow mechanism work on your machine?

From the looks of it, the balls stack up in a column on the front of the playfield, and then when you press the lever it ejects them to the back of the machine again? Thats neet.
    On my machine the overflow balls stack up behind the playfield, and are visible through a window. The Sea-Shell Lights up to let you know you have balls stuck in overflow.

How is your spring tension? Whoever I bought the machine from replaced the spring with a stronger one, and i am able to launch 3 balls at the same time... (Thus, the overflow actually gets used on my machine)
    I've decided to leave it this way, because it makes the machine unique. When a single ball is launched, it will make a complete loop around the playfield before going into play. Makes it interesting.

Also, another feature that i have discovered with this machine is that the key on the front will also reset your jackpot see-saw should it get stuck.
    Try inserting a bobby pin and turning left, OR try inserting a straightened paperclip into the key hole.

...JN
    • File Type: jpg a.JPG (25.9 KB, 24 views)
    • File Type: jpg i.JPG (19.8 KB, 21 views)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynormal510 View Post
    How is your spring tension? Whoever I bought the machine from replaced the spring with a stronger one, and i am able to launch 3 balls at the same time... (Thus, the overflow actually gets used on my machine)
    I've decided to leave it this way, because it makes the machine unique. When a single ball is launched, it will make a complete loop around the playfield before going into play. Makes it interesting.
    The spring is fairly strong. I can shoot two balls into play consistently, and three if I get extremely lucky. I'll have to try the jackpot reset trick, because when I first played the machine, a ball would just sit on the payout lever and jam it up nicely. However, a bit of cleaning and making sure all the levers were aligned fixed that problem.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Mauk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had a similar problem on mine. I had to remove a piece of clear plastic that covered the see-saw to get to the rods that needed to be adjusted.

When you fire a single ball at full speed, will it make a complete loop around the playfield, or does it drop back down to the plunger?

...jn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello!

I have a machine with the same type of play field and I enjoy it a lot - It's also one of the machines I've had the longest. The unit I have was apparently modified for multi-shot at the factory. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine!

- Shock

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynormal510 View Post
    When you fire a single ball at full speed, will it make a complete loop around the playfield, or does it drop back down to the plunger?
    It does a complete loop into the playfield most of the time, but sometimes it goes for 1.5 and ends up on the plunger.