Thread: marudia "newer" prince almost there

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default marudia "newer" prince almost there

hi again.

the 2nd machine that I picked up from johnny is almost done.

the center jackpot plastic was cracked - goop to the rescue

the chute mechanism was sticking - steel wool and machine oil here

the tulips' feet are too narrow again - needle nose pliers- which brings up a question -

is there any chance that these old machines could have used a smaller ball? it doesn't make sense that both these machines had the tulip feet pointed too close for an 11 mm ball. I can't see any way that they could have been bent from usage, but just a couple small bends outward and they're fine.

plastic covers were missing - more fun with mylar - it's a great use for all that packaging that we throw away - tough, clear plastic, for free!

center jackpot's sticking - this isn't complete yet, but I plan to counter weight with a couple balls to get the aluminum rocker to swing back stronger AND i'm considering wrapping the brass arm with teflon tape, or coating with epoxy. The dissimilar metals are jamming again here. I think that's why the later machines used plastic, usually delryn (chopping board plastic), for these parts... hmmm wonder what the wife would say if the chopping board got a little smaller...

rust, dust and grime - this is today's project. i'll use brasso, windex, miracle cloth and armorall (going to try this for the plastics)

on the rusted sheet metal, what do you guys think of armorall? i'm trying to use something that's not oil based to decrease the future rust buildup. I could just lightly oil, then wipe it down really well. suppose I could also clean it and paint it or dip it in epoxy resin, too.

I almost have this machine ready to present to johnny. thanks guy! I love having a close by pachiholic, even if our mom's are worried about us
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: marudia "newer" prince almost there

its been a few years since i had a tulip out

but if i rember right with the tab bent in the ball gets stuck untill another ball pushes threw??

On my machine the tabs were bent so the tulip was always open..(higher chanch to win)
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

woo whooo

got the mechanicals clean, lubed and fine tuned; so after I detail her, she's ready to go back to johnny's collection. I knew we could get both these single shots working!

I love the old machines. somehow it's more contemplative putting the balls in one at a time and really watching where they go. not like the automatic ones where you hold it and they shoot... and, with my undersized plastic window from the sanyo comet propped up at the bottom, I can add balls with my left hand easily, instead of reaching across to the right side. it's almost like a single shot conversion, and I can see how they came up with the idea... could also put a slot in the bottom of the window to make it easy to load, if you don't like the gap. another pachi rescue... off to find glass tomorrow.
    PachiTalk

5. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

vid's are done, you can see how frustrating these machines were... but, fun to rework, too.

YouTube - pachinko marudai new prince 1

YouTube - pachinko marudai prince #2
    PachiTalk

7. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to mudfud