Thread: Settings mode for Pachislo's

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Settings mode for Pachislo's

I know there must be some kind of way to get into settings mode on pachislo's. I own for instance Oni Musha 3 and Devil May Cry 3, when it is powered on they have a message in Japanese. If anyone knows what the key to press or what sequence is needed to put them in settings mode that would be great, I know you can turn the key and change the odds, but that is not what I am wanting to get into. I will give you 2 examples by what I mean about settings mode. 1. is Azteca the legend returns when it is first powered on it allows you to set the date and many MANY other features to manipulate via the little control pad on it. Most of the settings are in Japanese. 2. Super Sea Story when it is powered on it allows you to change the settings also, all in Japanese of course.

Now I know the two machines I have with Full LCD screens made in 2007 must have some kind of power on then some key sequence to get them into a settings mode. Maybe the reset key and another sequence but I am not sure. If one of the guru's could shed some light on how to put DMC3 or Oni Musha 3 into some kind of settings mode. Even a manual for it would be helpful. This I feel is an untapped feature in the newer pachislo's that we at pachitalk don't know enough about. Compirate or another member might be able to shed some light on this. Thanks for the help.
    Pins Currently Own: Cue Ball Wizard, Gladiator, Lethal Weapon 3 Prior Party Animal,flash,pinbot,TX-Sector,Street Fighter II,Mario Andretti,Bad Girls,Middle Earth,Spring Break

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Stinger357

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Settings mode for Pachislo's

Please , don't go and start messing with the settings . People have "Bricked " Their PSP by messing with it . I do live in the Language Capital of The World and if someone would get the factory manuals and i could get them translated into a working form for us then Maybe , Just Maybe Adjusting the settings would be possible .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We own these machines now, there should be no reason we can't modify them to our liking. If the parlor's can do it so can we. Just need to find out how. And I don't mean hacking the cpu or anything, I just want an operator's option, where I can set date/time, adjust anything I want to. I know the Neo Pulars have it when you turn them on. So I would think a newer 2007-8 model would have some kind of operator stage or programming session where we can adjust paramaters. Just specifically looking for DMC3 or Oni Musha 3.
    Pins Currently Own: Cue Ball Wizard, Gladiator, Lethal Weapon 3 Prior Party Animal,flash,pinbot,TX-Sector,Street Fighter II,Mario Andretti,Bad Girls,Middle Earth,Spring Break

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On the older elco models with the large lcd screens the menu was accessed through special buttons on the right hand side of the machine near the coin slot . It wasn't anything special just showed graphs and winning combination's payoffs over time .Also you could set the time and date .there wasn't a welcome message such as those in pinball machines .If there was it would have probably been in Japanese so it wouldn't help you much.castle does have a point if i remember one of the machines i think it was Aztec revenge if I'm not mistaken if you played with the wrong setting you could tum off the monitor and then you were screwed.Although any changes could be taken care of by pulling the plug for about a week to allow the machine to lose its internal programming settings.Then your at ground zero and have to start all over again this would probably be the way into your menu because if i remember correctly you could also lock out the menu as well after setting the time and date and options .
    Last edited by alstonj1; 03-13-2009 at 06:44 AM.
    Jeff