Thread: Vibratory Tumbler

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Vibratory Tumbler

The instructions have different times listed for different materials that you are trying to clean.

I usually let it run for about 2 hours, then I sort by quality, and then run again for another couple of hours.

It seems like all the cleaning that can be done is usually accomplished within 2-3 hours, but i have left it on all day a couple of times... just to experiment.
    What really makes the difference is the weight of whatever you are cleaning. The move movement you see, the quicker and better it'll work!

When its time for some new "Media", hit a good pet shop and pick up some clean crushed walnut. I think its sold as bird bedding? I dont remember what it cost from a feed store, but it was really cheap.
    The first bucket of media that i used was from a gun shop, and it was really expensive. It was also crushed walnut, but they also added some sort of polish to the mix.

I've also tried some other media, such as throwing in some REAL sand, sweeping compound, and crushed Kitty Litter.

Crushed Kitty litter works great also.

...Jn510

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to johnnynormal510