Thread: Basic Wall Mount Cabinet for a Vintage Pachi

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Basic Wall Mount Cabinet for a Vintage Pachi

I have seen a lot of great ideas for cabinets on PachiTalk and thought I would add my design for a slim, basic wall mount cabinet for a vintage machine.

When I restored this machine last year I had replaced the old wood frame with a new, custom fit frame made of oak, and had added a matching base to it so that it would look nice when set on a table (see photo). Well, my wonderful wife didn't like the "damage" it did to her fung shui, so she asked if I could mount it on the wall.

I didn't want to waste or hide the custom oak frame I made, so I gave it some thought. What I ended up doing was removing the base, then creating a second oak frame to go behind the existing one. I attached both frames together with a piano hinge on the left side, and added a brass fastner on the right side, making it really easy to open open up and refill the jackpot ball hopper or clear jams. You will also see in the photos that I added a shelf inside at the bottom for the losing ball tray so the ball tray wouldn't spill when I opened up the cabinet.

I mounted it on the wall with a beveled "cleat" attached directly into the studs. I also added two additional screws at the bottom for added support.

The end result was exactly what she wanted - the Pachi up off the table, but not too "overpowering" on the wall. I also find that it gets much more use now that it is on the wall and always ready to play. I keep it stocked with about 1,500 balls so that it can be played for quite some time before the jackpot hopper runs dry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

2. The following 35 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4