Thread: Has anybody dealt with Canadian e-bayer Monkey-paradise?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Has anybody dealt with Canadian e-bayer Monkey-paradise?

Hello all,

I am fairly new to Pachi-talk; I purchased a Marvel Heroes Pachislo just last month. I am currently considering purchasing a Pachinko from Monkey-Paradise on E-Bay and am wondering if any of you have had dealings with this seller before.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Has anybody dealt with Canadian e-bayer Monkey-paradise?

That seller has a couple of different Sites. The original is IMATRIX.

I have purchased some machines from him. One or two had a problem and they took care of me.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My first machine 'Rocky' came from them under a different ebay seller name. I had no problems, the machine was really clean and a good price.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got a Star Wars "parts machine" from them (for .99) and it worked

It wasn't the best packaging, but better than I expected.
    My favorite color is Ham

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you all for your fast replies.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to datou

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i bought a vicky chance from them the other day.i'll let you know how everything goes once it gets here.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well, it came on wednesday all busted up.this is the 2nd pachinko i had shipped by ups,and it is the 2nd one they wasted.just waiting to see what the seller will do to fix it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

(Below is a copy of a post I recently put up about monkey-paradise)
    In retrospect, and after reading the replies by some of the others, I would like to see better packaging of the machines. Mine had no damage and works great. But I can see how others might get damaged if the delivery driver isn't careful.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Just got my Super Stadium (Sankyo Super Stadium (soccer) theme) from Monkey-Paradise. Bought it via eBay. Overall, I'm VERY PLEASED with both the transaction and the machine.

The price was fair and the shipping charges were reasonable. The seller shipped the machine quikly after the order was complete. It arrived in a big cardboard box wrapped in bubble wrap. The packing was decent. Adequate but not exceptional. If the driver had been rough with the package, the machine could have been damaged. My machine was not damaged in any way when I got it. ALL the lights worked perfectly with no blown bulbs. The amplifier board had come loose in transit and was hanging by a cable. The mounts weren't broken or anything and I was able to snap the board back into place without problem. The machine was a little dirty. Well, dusty mostly. 5 minutes with a damp rag took care of that. Besides, it gave me a chance to look closely at the different sections of the machine while cleaning so I didn't mind. The handle is a bit yellowed. Possibly came from a smoking parlor. Although there were no cigarette burns that you often see. I don't fault the seller for the (lightly) yellow handle. After all these are USED machines.

There were three pages of generic instructions with the machine. The last two pages showed pictures of a vintage Nishigin machine! Totally not related to the modern machines. Since I'm already familiar with the newer machines, it was not a problem. But a newbie getting his first machine would look at the pages and say "WTF?".

The machine powered up first time with no fuss. The lights and sounds are 100% operational. Well, the sound is more like 250% because it's so freakin' loud. (time to buy some L-pad's) The machine is a welcome addition to my ever growing addiction (I mean 'collection').

Again, I would rate this machine and this transaction as VERY GOOD. I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

Dean

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to deanwaters

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i agree with you 100 percent .the machine could have been packaged better to avoid rough handling by ups,which i believe is exactly what happened.i have known a few people who had worked for ups in the past,and they spoke of slam-dunking packages into a semi trailer,and playing football with smaller parcels.the last machine i got before that was from slot-pachinko.that machine came double-boxed with foam padding,and was shipped fed ex.it arrived without any shipping damage.also,i read those vintage pachi instructions.took me back in time about 30 years.but they are meaningless for a modern pachinko.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had good experience with monkey paradise. The only thing that could have improved a little was the packing, but it was no worse than most of the vendors I've received machines from. No complaints whatsoever about the seller or the machine.

I have been blessed with excellent UPS guys, no matter where I order stuff from. It sounds like many people haven't been so blessed.