Thread: 007 James Bond Time adjustment

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question 007 James Bond Time adjustment

Hello Folks,

Yesterday I bought a James Bond 007 Pachinko and i love the machine. I only have one question and I hope someone will help me with this.
    I like to adjust the date and time, but i don't know how. I found the manual on Pachi, but unfortunately it is all in Japanese. I know it has to be done with the small button on the upper left side at the back of the machine, but as long as i don't know how to act further i don't touch it. I hope anyone can help me. Thanks in advance, Yamaha
    The Flying Dutchman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 007 James Bond Time adjustment

I'd like to know as well. I too have a 007 machine. The date is correct (must have a battery in it since I leave it unplugged for days at a time), but I'd like to set the time as well...

Thanks
    Dean

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

DO NOT i repeat DO NOT play with the program settings on 007 do so at your peril unless you can get them translated i have had a machine l;oos the clasic 007 mode never to be seen again through this and have never found the answer i understand alot of the programing ie time special time ect but still dont know what happend so am not willing to instruct any one except to warn them not to or risk killing there machine
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've had one of these completely apart and yes, there is a coin battery on the underside of the board with the button.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mine arrived today. Sounds like good advice drcrippin, I'll be leaving mine well alone until someone knows exactly what to do.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

and removing the coin battory for 3 weeks dosent reset anything but the time !!! again i cant say this enough DO NOT PLAY WITH THE PROGRAMING although i do have a almost compleate set of spare bords to this machine if anyone needs any parts
    Last edited by drcrippen324; 02-27-2009 at 07:28 PM.

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by drcrippen324 View Post
    and removing the coin battory for 3 weeks dosent reset anything but the time !!! again i cant say this enough DO NOT PLAY WITH THE PROGRAMING although i do have a almost compleate set of spare bords to this machine if anyone needs any parts
    I knew there was some reason I never messed with mine
    My favorite color is Ham

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I'm probably worrying over nothing here but when I first switched on the machine I got today nothing seemed to happen so I held down the chance button then an alarm sounded. On the screen was a picture of the chance button and next to it some green rectangle with Japanese writing under it.
    I noticed the time & date were displayed in the top right hand screen.

I didn't want to press anything after reading this post so I just unplugged the machine. When I powered it up again every thing seemed fine.

How do I know I haven't messed up my machine?
    Last edited by monkeyboy; 02-27-2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry to say, you've set off the self destruct sequence.

Three, Two, One
    My favorite color is Ham

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to BigBearSteve

Thanks
    Thanks Received

its fine if you just pulled the plug you have to press the little red button at the back to make it save any settings

I wont post how to get in to the menu that causes greif as you can guarentee some one will try it

but holding the chance button as you turn the machine on just displays the set time and date

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've taken a look at the 007 manuals and there's really not enough details provided in them for the setup modes, both manuals read more like a 'look what this machine can do' marketing manual than any sort of technical guide.

I'd expect that there will be another manual that provides more detailed information on the time setting and other settings modes. I suspect that it's most likely to be in the black and white cell specific manual (if anyone has one, can get hold of one, or even just spots one on YJA let me know).

Although I don't own one of these machines, I've seen a few screenshots of the setup menus, and there doesn't seem to be much of an on screen explanation of the options either. So I'd repeat the good Doc's warning of not messing about in these menus, even if you have a basic understanding of Japanese, it is likely that you will do more harm than good.

15. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I found a Real Time clock adjustment manual in the Pachi Research Centre, but it is partly in Japanse, so i still do not understand how to set the time and date, and several other features as well. I really hope someone can.
    The Flying Dutchman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

see above posts daverob is almost our residnt japanese translator amongs other miricles he performs and trust me with me scouring the net for info and him looking at that manual and other things i have found the playing with the settings IS A BAD IDEAdue to the problems i found after doing so myself i dont call my self a expert by any streach of the imagination but the settings or the undoing of the settings is beyond my knowledge

18. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha View Post
    I found a Real Time clock adjustment manual in the Pachi Research Centre,
    I'll reiterate what I said above, I've looked at these manuals and there doesn't appear to be anything in them that tells you how to set the clock.

The Real Time clock manual just tells operators that they can set features like '007 Time' or 'Almighty Mode' to be able to be activated at different times, and shows graphs showing the effect of this on play/earnings.

The last few pages show how to set which times these features are active, but I can't see anywhere where it tells you how to set the clock.

If someone wants to send me a 007 cell so I can translate and document all of the settings menus then I'd be happy to do it. But my (somewhat limited) Japanese language skills are not sufficient to translate anything from these manuals that I would be happy to publish for others to follow, especially knowing the fact that playing around in these menus could cause more harm than good.

20. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to daverob