Thread: 3 Star Machine Coming Along

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 3 Star Machine Coming Along

Spent the day working on the Three Star machine. Did a whole lot of cleaning, polishing and just getting familiar with the workings of this one. I had to build a cover for the ball feed ramp, but that wasn't too hard. Here's a picture of my solution to the missing cover. I think it'll work okay. I did run into a couple of mysteries though. I think I need some enlightenment. Right above where I put the new ramp cover is a purple colored piece that looks like it's supposed to be a regulator of some sort to smooth out the flow of the balls down the ramp. That would be fine and dandy, except that it isn't hooked to anything, it just swings back and forth. When it's in the forward position, it stops the balls from flowing down the ramp. What's supposed to make it flip back so that the balls can proceed?? Here's a picture of that one too. Last question for the night...the third picture on here is of a mechanism that I can't even figure out it's purpose. It's down by the shooter. Could somebody give me lesson in pachinko mechanics 101 and tell me what it's for ?? I'd sure appreciate it. All in all, it was a good day. Tomorrow I'm going to rewire it and it should be done. I'll post pics of the final product after that. I also want to thank all you folks for a great forum on these things. I've learned a lot just from reading all the posts...and I'm sure I'll learn a lot more.
    Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to benjamaniac

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 3 Star Machine Coming Along

The green thing smooths out the flow of balls, the purple part cuts off the supply to the payout mech so it and other parts can be serviced without emptying the whole machine.

The last part is a shooting mech cutout so that if the lower tray is full you can't shoot balls till you empty it. The wire that you have to the left of that white piece (lower left arrow pointing up) should be to the right of that white piece. When the lower tray fills, it pushes on the plastic part to the right (arrow pointing left), pushing it to the left, which pushes the wire against the other white part. If you look at the back when you flip the lever, this white part is part of the mechanism that loads the next ball in front of the shooter. If held to the left (as viewed from the back), the shooter lever can't contact it and thus you can't shoot anymore till you empty the overflow tray.

Now go take some aspirin after that complicated description and get some sleep!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

4. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: 3 Star Machine Coming Along

Thanks !!! I guess what scares me is that it all makes sense now. Whew...I think I DO need those aspirins !!!
    Ben

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 3 Star Machine Coming Along

Compirate is on the ball today! You know, I'm gonna have to start reading the threads from bottom up so I see if Compirate has answered the question before I start to work my feeble brain on it too much!

You da man!
    Rusty Key