Thread: General game-play questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question General game-play questions

I went a little nuts with the modern pachinko's. I just bought my first one a few weeks ago, then I bought 7 more. I have Indiana Jones, Freddy vs. Jason, Lord of the Rings, 007, Marilyn Monroe, Jaws, Jackie Chan, and Star Wars. What can I say, I guess I'm now officially a pachi-geek.

Anyway, almost all of the games have game play similarities that I hope someone can shed some light on:

1) In the playfield, along the left-hand side, about 2/3rd of the way up, there is a counter-type pocket. It's not a real pocket in that the balls pass through this 'hole' and continue down the playfield. The hole has a ball sensor that detects when a ball passes through. Somewhere else on the playfield, there is a flashing light combo that is 'tied' to this hole-sensor. The more balls pass through, the more lights flash. The lights slowly stop flashing after balls stop passing through this sensor. It's obviously somehow releated to game play, but it's not obvious (to me) what it's purpose is. Any help?

2) On many of the games, espeically the Sankyo Lumina games, there are a couple of small lights in the playfield near the bottom that have numbers (and sometimes small arrows) like '2' and '15'. Can't figure out why they are there. Sometimes they flash, sometimes they dont. They are not the same ones that indicate how many 'start' games (up to 4) you have queued up (those ones are pretty obvious). Any ideas?

I posted a question about my Jaws machine and was amazed as to how many replies I got and in such short order. You guys ROCK, and I'm glad to have found this forum.

Dean

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: General game-play questions

Answer to question number one...Using LOTR as an example...but they are all the same...

When a ball passes through "Go" pocket, it lights up one of for lights. an X and an O will start flashing back and forth...if it stops on X...nothing happens, if it stops on O, then the center tulips open for a second. This is noticable on Lord of the rings during regular play, but with star wars and Indy (Indy's GO pocket is the red door near the clear plastic statue), it will only be noticable during a fever 100 count. Up to four roulettes can be stored at any time.

The second question...Please see Query - Star Wars Fever

Hope that helps!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Youngjedi; 02-13-2009 at 07:16 PM.
    Youngjedi

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Youngjedi