Thread: Desktop Pachinkos?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Desktop Pachinkos?

What are these desktop pachinko machine things I have been seeing? it has like a remote control and its just like a frame in a mini case with nothing for balls... how do these work? and what exactly are they called if you guys know what im talking about...

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Desktop Pachinkos?

I think we usually just call them desktop pachinkos!!

Its a way to enjoy your favorite pachi in your ultra tiny Japanese apartment where a full machine might not fit!!

Depending on how they are made they can be a whole cell or as little as just the screen, some can be very neat..but they break the hearts of some, the thought of a poor pachi being cut to pieces, while others see it as at least it wasn't thrown away like most of our precious pachis are!!

They usually have a button to simulate a ball going in the start pocket as well as other things...

I don't know much about them but I'm sure compirate or arby will be along to tell you more!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, you just push a button and these Frankenpachi's will queue up a spin. I guess the goal is to enjoy the video sequences? The thought of them make me cry. This is not a noble death for a beloved pachinko.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

everytime they build a desktop pachinko, a kitten dies.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

5. The following user says "Thanks" to rubberratt

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, let's see:

Every year they retire approx 1,000,000 machines. If all those machines were shipped exclusively to Pachitalk members as of today (3109), that would be 321 plus a fraction to ever single member - every year. I don't know how many of you want more than 100, where the heck would you put them? I'm tripping over them all the time. You'd get about 26.75 a month, so you'd be thrilled by the middle of April! But no, you've got 221 more coming. You wouldn't be able to sell them, they'd be so cheap cause everyone's got em. Do something with them, another 321 are coming next year, then next year, then next year. 10 years, you have 3,201, your living in a house made from them.

There's a ton of them out there, every month more interesting machines are being made. I'm sure we hardly remember the Sankyo Victory frame games anymore cause something's flashing over there! Ohh look at that!

If a few become desktops, so be it, at least they're still performing part of their function. Hundreds of thousands don't even get that far. I remember the auction for about 30+ R2D2's, meaning that many Star Wars died. I'd say if several hundred whole games made it out of the country, I'd be surprised. They made 10's of thousands! If your gonna cry, cry for the games that never made it over here, the one's we never saw or will see, the games that went to China. Then again, some part of that recycled game is probably in something you own right now. I am positive that some piece of electronics you own is made with some portion of recycled plastic. That silver plastic on most electronic parts is painted silver, but is either gray or black or some other color.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

7. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sinbad adventure pachinko comes to mind, I think only a few were imported and as far as I know we only have one or maybe two members with one

thats one I wish I could have afforded at the time

I think Arby and I were the only members with a we sky pachinko and I don't know of any other members with a Mr. Vampire except for me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by luckydog; 02-12-2009 at 11:59 PM.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

9. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    Sinbad adventure pachinko comes to mind, I think only a few were imported and as far as I know we only have one or maybe two members with one

thats one I wish I could have afforded at the time

I think Arby and I were the only members with a we sky pachinko and I don't know of any other members with a Mr. Vampire except for me

I have the Mr. Vampire, Lucky...I'm trying to remember who I got it from. I think it was...uh oh...hold on...

It's UPS with my 26 pachinkos for this month, I need to help unload the truck.

But I have the Mr. Vampire too. Also wish I had the Sinbad.

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to fronzdan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    Well, let's see:

Every year they retire approx 1,000,000 machines. If all those machines were shipped exclusively to Pachitalk members as of today (3109), that would be 321 plus a fraction to ever single member - every year. I don't know how many of you want more than 100, where the heck would you put them? I'm tripping over them all the time. You'd get about 26.75 a month, so you'd be thrilled by the middle of April! But no, you've got 221 more coming. You wouldn't be able to sell them, they'd be so cheap cause everyone's got em. Do something with them, another 321 are coming next year, then next year, then next year. 10 years, you have 3,201, your living in a house made from them.

There's a ton of them out there, every month more interesting machines are being made. I'm sure we hardly remember the Sankyo Victory frame games anymore cause something's flashing over there! Ohh look at that!

If a few become desktops, so be it, at least they're still performing part of their function. Hundreds of thousands don't even get that far. I remember the auction for about 30+ R2D2's, meaning that many Star Wars died. I'd say if several hundred whole games made it out of the country, I'd be surprised. They made 10's of thousands! If your gonna cry, cry for the games that never made it over here, the one's we never saw or will see, the games that went to China. Then again, some part of that recycled game is probably in something you own right now. I am positive that some piece of electronics you own is made with some portion of recycled plastic. That silver plastic on most electronic parts is painted silver, but is either gray or black or some other color.
    I don't get it but I have seen some suh-weet Pachinko "custom boxes" and plus... (CENSORED) kittens anyways.
    Last edited by rubberratt; 02-14-2009 at 01:43 PM.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the first post mention the possibility of a whole cell in a box, is it possible to take this cell and put it back in a frame and have it working, parlors style, like the good old days?
    WARNING! These smileys contain violence
    strong language brief scenes of nudity
    and are not recommended for younger audience

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

As long as they didn't remove anything. Usually, they just remove the power supply box and speakers from a frame and use those. Would give you an extra set of those too.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

16. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thats really a nice looking conversion, the control panel is really overdesigned

and the packaging is excellent, a seller that cares

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by new in town View Post
    Ok after looking at that picture... it does not even have glass in front of it, do the balls and everything still go though it? and why are there like 10 buttons and a knob on the controler for that? how many things can you possibly need to do? I am confused... HOW DO THESE WORK???

Does any one have a link to a video of them in action???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

no balls involved in playing, you press buttons on panel for different functions.

like, play all the video and music of the fevers rounds, activate start pocket for trying to fever, chance button, adjust volume, turn machine on and off, etc.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That really does look sweet!
    Ultraman x 2, Super Stadium Soccer, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Ultraman ST, Pachislo and Bally Star Trek Pinball

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    no balls involved in playing, you press buttons on panel for different functions.

like, play all the video and music of the fevers rounds, activate start pocket for trying to fever, chance button, adjust volume, turn machine on and off, etc.
    But you have to realize that I am an ADD male and am amused by shinny objects. With that said, no balls in this game then It just lost my intrest. Real pachinkos are definatly better

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    Well, let's see:

Every year they retire approx 1,000,000 machines. ..HUGE SNIP ...
    WOW! Nice post.

110% agree.

There is always another machine around the corner...