Thread: Hopper payout mechanism - understanding the payout pulses

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hopper payout mechanism - understanding the payout pulses

Does anyone know how the payout mechanism works? I am working on a circuit to emulate the payout of tokens....to fool the machine into thinking it is paying out. I think I've got the pulse train part done, but not sure which wire the CPU board is sensing. This is along the lines of another thread I started on running the machines tokenless. The Pachilousa chip takes care of the credit side, but I need to address the payout side.

On the Yamasa that I am working on, there are three wires. One (brown)is at 7V, another (green) at -5V and a red as reference. Not sure how to reference these signals however, and which wire the CPU board is sensing. It appears that the red wire goes high during payout (7V) but not sure if that the wire the CPU board is sensing. Also, to activate the pulse train, I need to trigger off motion of the coin hopper rotation. I could wire up a 24V relay, but was hoping to figure out which wire from the CPU is sending the (low voltage) signal that activates the 24V hopper rotation.

Anyone familiar with this? I have several machines I could use, but I started with a Yamasa.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

-5v? possibly +5v? This would be the optical sensor; they usually run at 5v, and are normally 'on'. Watch this line, and turn the hopper by hand to spit a few coins out. You should see it drop to 0v (briefly) as a coin blocks the optical sensor.

The red line that goes high is probably turning the motor on.

Just guessing at the moment; not at the shop yet..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachislousa
    -5v? possibly +5v? This would be the optical sensor; they usually run at 5v, and are normally 'on'. Watch this line, and turn the hopper by hand to spit a few coins out. You should see it drop to 0v (briefly) as a coin blocks the optical sensor.

The red line that goes high is probably turning the motor on.

Just guessing at the moment; not at the shop yet..
    Thanks.. you are probably right about the +5V. I'm having trouble figuring out how to reference these three wires wrt ground. I was wondering whether the sense line was normally high and would drop to zero during payout. Seem to recall that two of the three combinations of wires changed voltages during payout (one dropped, one went up), while third remained high. I've got a scope and will double check later.