Thread: Card Reader Emulator dongle?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Card Reader Emulator dongle?

Quote Originally Posted by daverob View Post
    What you see with the components soldered onto it is the Card Reader Bypass Dongle that was supplied with the machine. As MrGneiss has said if you cut through the white zip tie that's holding it in place it should pull right out and reveal the connector. You should be able to plug your card reader emulator dongle straight back into this now vacant connector.

A couple of pictures (albeit small ones!) showing an empty socket and a cased and uncased (like the one on your machine) can be seen on this page of my website.
    Ok dave I got it. It is kinda pushed back into my machine and it looked like all that stuff was just shoved into the achuall plug not a seperate dongle so thats where i got confused. So now all i need to do is stain my cabinent, figure out my ball lifter and plug in your dongle!

I have 2 questions about it. It came with that thing to program it, i want it just for the 2 buttons on the front to despense balls and credits and whatnot. Can I just plug it in and it will work or do i need to put that pin somewhere? also... will it just stay in my machine? or do i have to connect it somehow so it dosnt fall out?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Card Reader Emulator dongle?

Quote Originally Posted by TNTahan View Post
    Can I just plug it in and it will work or do i need to put that pin somewhere? also... will it just stay in my machine? or do i have to connect it somehow so it dosnt fall out?
    The small black jumper link is only needed to change the settings of the dongle. If you just plug it in 'straight out of the box' then a long press of the right hand button will add ten credits to the display (up to a maximum of 999) and the left button will dispense 25 balls and deduct one credit. If you're happy with that setup then there's no need for the jumper link (but keep it somewhere safe just in case you want to change the settings later!).

If you use the jumper link to access the setup mode, you can change the number of credits that get added, change the way the credits are counted/added/stored and adjust the brightness of the credit display.

The dongle will stay securely fitted to the machine through the friction fit of the connector itself. It might get dislodged if the machine is knocked or banged around during transportation, but for normal gameplay it should stay put without any problems.

3. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to daverob