Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toyotec Twin Tales and payout problem?

richa

Default Toyotec Twin Tales and payout problem?

I purchased this pachinko from Ebay (texasauctions) and received it Friday, 14JAN05. This machine is great - the video sequences are very nice.

But, either I don't understand or there may be something wrong with the payout. There are 2 "shafts" on the back of the machine. I would expect they are used to adjust the amount of balls to be paid out in a jackpot. The one on the left will always pay out. I don't think this is correct.

Let me try to explain - I plugged the machine in and it turns on. I filled the hopper up with balls and the left hand shaft (as seen from the back) will just pay and pay balls to the shooter tray until there are none left in that shaft. Then the relay that controls this will click on and off for about another 30 seconds trying to payout balls when there are none to be paid. It will then stop.

There is a plastic slider below the right side of the hopper. If this is in the up position, balls don't go into the shafts. I would expect that there would be no payout at all if this were in the upper position; if in the lower position, and there are more than 33 balls put into the left shaft, the machine will pay out as described above.

I powered the machine off and back on - same thing.
    I dumped all of the balls by lifting the small, yellow painted lever on the right below the relays (this lever is also controlled by inserting a "reset rod" into the little hole on the front of the machine, middle left side) and tried again - same thing, payout from the left shaft as above.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Is this supposed to be the way it works?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

this was talked about in another post,

one shaft pays regular amount of balls,

the other shaft is for when you are in fever or jackpot mode, it pays out a different amount

just fill your top tray and you are all set. :lol:
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dear Richa,

Welcome to pachitalk!

That's a nice game you have.

I will offer two suggestions:
    1. Contact texasauction and ask to speak with customer support. They have a super service department and will help you troubleshoot the machine. Obviously, you will need to be near the game when you call.

2. Sometimes a game will be in the fever mode when it ran out of balls or was turned off. The game has a flash memory that keeps up with what wins have not been paid and will attempt to pay them upon power up. The feed track you are having the problem with is the one which would be paying the 13 or 15 balls won for each ball qualifying for a bonus payout. I am not sure how many payouts the memory keeps up with (probably no more than eight) but as soon as all balls due to the player are paid, the payouts will stop and the game will continue. If this is the case, you can just fill the top ball tray, put some balls in the shooter tray, and power up the game and let it run through its cycles. If it empties the whole top tray and still doesn't reset, then the problem lies elsewhere. Power off, check the connections and try again.

Hope this helps.
    Dennis

I have a passion for Pachinko!

richa

Thanks, luckydog, but I think the problem is worse than that.

Bilko44, I will call texasauction, I just want a sanity check so I don't bother someone needlessly and now it's Sunday.

It may be in fever mode, but I put over 1000 balls into the hopper and they keep comming out to the shooter tray. I even was recycling them from the shooter tray to the hopper and still, they come.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It does sound like a fever.
    But here the info you will need for calling.

Texas Auction
    texasauction (lawrinca@aol.com)
    Curt Hayes

Call Carl at the Tech Center 214 361-7123.
    The tech Center is open 9-5 Mon-Fri and 9-Noon on Saturday, CT.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

6. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

richa,

I suspect the problem is going to be associated with the catch lever assembly on the bonus track. There are two of them and they work together to load and hold the balls in the track so that the same number of balls are released each time the award gate release is pulsed.

What happens is that the pulse actuates the release lever and it dumps the stack of 15 balls between the bottom and top catch levers. Once the balls clear the bottom gate release, it closes and the top catch lever opens and 15 more balls enter the track and the top catch lever then closes. This cycle continues as long as there is a pulse activating the bottom catch lever release.

There is a ball drain release located in this area which manually opens these levers and allows the balls to flow freely. Perhaps it is stuck in the open position.

Getting things like this to work properly can be a pain, but, usually, once you fix it, the problem won't come back unless the game is jostled about or moved around.

Make sure you drain the balls from the game before you haul the game from one spot to another. Those little release gates can accidentally open and balls will go everywhere( voice of experience, talking here).
    Dennis

I have a passion for Pachinko!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Same Issue

Richa,

Please post the solution if you come up with one. I have the same "problem" with my Twin Tales and just assumed that I had not hit fever mode yet even though the thing was lit up like Times Square and loud as a Nascar race at times.

As far as I can tell, the 13/15 ball track nearest to the front of the machine has never emptied any balls out for me unless I've manually used the ball release hatch. I then fill it up again and the balls just sit there through what I think are endless "fever" modes.

I really don't know if either of us has a real problem or if we've never really hit THE fever mode. As arbycoffee suggested in the other post, we should empty out the track nearest to the front and fill it with colored balls to see if any ever come out.

That thread is here:

http://www.pachitalk.com/phpBB2/view...ghlight=reward

Again, please post if you come up with the answer. I'll do the same.

Thanks.

richa

Spoke to Carl - nice guy.

First thing is that it may be the "remembered payout" thing. He said if there are no balls in (either/or) any of the payouts, the machine will remember in flash memory - the degree to which this is the case is not known. So, say this is 35 and the number of balls payed out for each of them is 25, then 875 balls would have to pass through this chute until the machine is satisfied. I'm going to keep pouring balls down that chute for a while - he said to be patient. I'll keep a count - at 2000 I think I'll give up. He also said he has had only 1 machine in the thousands they have sent that actually had a problem in this area. I'll post here tomorrow sometime re my results.

As far as the use of the other chute, Carl said this was for a different jackpot/fever and holds more balls for that payout. The reason I've never seen balls come out of it is that I haven't hit that jackpot yet. Makes sense to me.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bilko44
    Make sure you drain the balls
    I can't believe arby hasn't hopped on this.

Btw, I thought my twin tales was broken when I got my first jackpot, it took forever pouring four hundred balls through to get it to stop clicking. More balls helps a lot : )

Btw btw, what number combination do I need to see the spooky fourth pig again? I haven't seen him/her/it since my first day playing it. Anyone?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It was covered in and earler posting about the same problem, I used colored ball to check it out, Carl (great Guy) had the same answer.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Aw, you're missing what I meant, Mr. Ball Joke Guy. :twisted:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No I cought it.

Heres the linc.
    http://www.pachitalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=982

Quote Originally Posted by arbycoffee
    yes

i messed with different colors of balls thats how i foun it

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I try to stay on top, but sometimes it get hard to keep ahead or a ball.
    My lights on now

richa

560 more balls through the second payout chute and all is well.

I'm not a neuter, but I hope my extra ball arrive soon...

You will really need about one to two thousand balls for these machines.

I'm in the process of designing a stand which will take care to this "balls everywhere" problem. Seems to me that the ball llifter doesn't solve the whole "problem". I really like the idea of a counter system mentioned in other posts...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool Beans

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by richa
    ...............Seems to me that the ball llifter doesn't solve the whole "problem". I really like the idea of a counter system mentioned in other posts...
    I have been thinking the same thing

The ball lifter takes the balls from the back that are the losing balls and rotates them back up to the top payout feeder bin. This works fine until you hit the extreme play of Fever. Then on my pachinko the winning balls are fighting each other to get out to the front tray and then there is not enuff room for them all and I have to hit the lever to lower them to the lowest holding tray area that has another lever that will open a hole up to allow them to go into a large tray. While I am hitting the first lever the ball shooter stops(thus causing me to miss getting more winning balls during Fever) as the balls are not going to it but are going to the lower tray before being put into a regular ball tray.

How about putting a counter on the winning balls that come out the front tray and lifting them to the top also or into a larger lifter container that feeds the top bin also :?:

18. The following user says "Thanks" to azlew

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lew,

They designed it that way on perpose, to slow the the person down.
    There is a work around, ground the metal on the trigger and use a wedge to set, "Look ma no hands"

http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/NoHands.MPG

20. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

arby : Not the problem. On my Pachinko the top ball holder (where the balls come in from winnings to go to the shooter) is too small. When the Fever gets going on my Pachinko all hell is breaking loose and that tray fills up too fast and has to be emptied to the bottom tray. I have no problem keeping my hand on the knob to continue shooting but when I release the balls to go to the bottom tray(with my left hand) they bypass the shooter and go down to the lower tray. I could jam the knob all I want and it still will not make a difference. The fact is that they (Sankyo and the Japanese Parlors) did this on purpose to slow down the shooter and thus not allowing the player to get full advantage of Fever. Even the lower tray fills up too fast and then I have to pull the other lever to lower the balls into the regular (portable)ball tray.
    I am not the eye shooter that most of you are on Pachislos but one thing I can do is get Pachinko balls going into the Fever hole/drawer quite well when this Pachinko is in Fever mode.. So that means that I have very few losing balls that would go into the ball lifter in the back to be lifted up to the payout bin on top.
    I do see the ball lifter being useful during regular non Fever play but at least for this Pachinko a lifter for the front tray/trays also is needed plus if a counter could be set up to count the balls that come to the front to be reshot etc(winning balls) that would be perfect!.

But I do see what you are saying that by jamming the shooter I could free up another hand and try to empty balls from the top tray and keep balls rolling to the shooter at the same time. The problem there is that when I have tried that before my big hands don't fit to well in that part of the top tray. I need smaller hands or an assistant with real small hands....hmmm I wonder if there are any small handed females around to do some ball lifting... :wink:

22. The following user says "Thanks" to azlew

Thanks
    Thanks Received

do it in short burst so the shooter doesn't run out of balls, 1-2 seconds

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks arby for your suggestions but I think the ultimate mod is still using one or two lifters and a counter. I think modifying and adding a lift mechanism with a counter to the front tray that receives the winning balls is in order. Really all this is beyond me to figure out though so I will depend on extra ball lifter hands I guess :wink:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast