Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MAME vs JAMMA

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Last edited by takethecastle57; 02-04-2009 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: MAME vs JAMMA

Quote Originally Posted by ironworkerdalton View Post
    The arcade that I have, have 1250 games. Here is the way I want about getting it. The hole thing cost me around $900.00
    First I bought a snk neo candy 25, from. If you count from the topits the 11 or 12 one. I had them install a High rez flat screen monotor, 2 new joysticks, and 6 new buttons for each player. Here is the sight. Arcade Games
    Then I like the jamma system, so I bought the xxxx-in-1 KE version. Here is the websight. There is the basic one called 1069-in-1. Look at the bottom of the page, you will want to get the, xxxx-in-1 killer edition, and get the upgrade CPU intel 4 2.8 What I realy like about the jamma system is when this websight comes out with a upgrade, all I have to do is switch out the hard drives.Very easy, not like the Mame system. The Mame is just a home pc running a very, very striped down windows system, I belive its hard to add games to it. I just realy like what the people at jammaboards have done. Here is the sight.
    Arcade PCBs - JAMMA PCBs - 1069-in-1 Games Family Multigame JAMMA System - JAMMABOARDS.COM - JAMMA Coin-Op Arcade Game Parts - 1069-in-1 Games Family Multigame JAMMA System
    I also got a new arcade Marquee from.
    Marquees :
    and a for some games, I bought a 3" Happ trackball. I had to install the trackball in a box on the side becouse there was no room in the arcade. My arcade is 25" wide with a 24" monotor. These japan sit down type of arcades do come in bigger size. I want with this one becouse it fits real nice when moving it from room to room. Through the door fram.
    His a sight for the people that like to tinker, ext. to the xxxx-in-1 jamma board. XXXX In 1 Modification Site

the joys of seeing all my hard work at xxxx-in-1.com being plugged on other sites roll on me finishing project 4007 then all your gaming needs will be answerd in a nice jamma board.

as for adding games to the system its not hard to do just takes a little know how and some scripting to get it to work.

we are a friendly lot at xxxx in1 and will answer any questions if ya get stuck.
    Current machines list:Neo Geo MVS electrocoin single 1991/Sega ST-V Decathlon Machine 1995/ Sega Naomi Universal 2001 Sammy Ultraman Club St machine 2005 Sammy Rescue Dogs JPM Gamebox 6 extra

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to MaNiAc-Uk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: MAME vs JAMMA

Quote Originally Posted by MaNiAc-Uk View Post
    the joys of seeing all my hard work at xxxx-in-1.com being plugged on other sites roll on me finishing project 4007 then all your gaming needs will be answerd in a nice jamma board.

as for adding games to the system its not hard to do just takes a little know how and some scripting to get it to work.

we are a friendly lot at xxxx in1 and will answer any questions if ya get stuck.
    I, for one, am very much looking forward to project 4007. I could never understand why so many great games have been passed over with the 1069 in 1. It also makes me glad that I sprung for the CPU and RAM upgrades on my 1069 in 1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2