Thread: Does your Pachinko work without a Dongle???

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Does your Pachinko work without a Dongle???

Hi all, This is in response to Ikaria's Thread Below.

9 Drums in the house

We both have a 9 Drums Gladiator that works without a Dongle meaning someone did some "Jumping" of a circuit to make it work without a Dongle.

That in itself is fine but if you want to use one of daverod's Dongles, IT "WON"T Work.

A post from daverob. :

The dongle should work with an unmodified machine with no problems at all. The only complication is if the machine has been modified so that it doesn't need to have anything plugged into the dongle socket to enable the shooter handle. It should be easy to check for this before committing to buy a dongle, just look on the back for a D-25 socket (same style as an old PC printer port) and see if anything is plugged in there. If the socket is empty then the machine has been modified, and the modification may have to be removed before the dongle will operate properly. This is usually just a matter of removing the circuit board and looking for a solder blob on the back that connects two pins together, this blob can then be unsoldered or snipped off and the machine should be back to 'unmodified' status.

Well I dissected 9 Drums and found the BLOB.

The mod, ("BLOB") will let you dispense Sphere's with daverob's Dongle but inop's the Shooter.

On 9 Drums the "BLOB" is on the PC board just above the Dongle Board. I disconnected all the plugs to both the Dongle board and the upper PC board and removed both. 2 Screws hold the Dongle board and one in the lower right corner for the upper board.

On the upper board once the screw is removed lift the clear plastic case it is held within up, then tworads you and it will come away from the Pachi.

Pic 3 shows a closer shot of the component that has the "BLOB" on it. Pic 4 shows the "BLOB" and Pic 5 is a close up of the "BLOB".

A quick heating from a Solder Iron and use of a solder sucker and the BLOB was no more.

9 Drums now works Fine with daverob's Dongle.

Ikaria, if you are uncomfortable in doing this Fix yourself let me know and when we can get together. I'll come over and make the "BLOB" go away for you.

Thank you daverob for leading me to the path to fix 9 Drums and use you Wonderful invention on it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

2. The following 22 users say "Thanks" to new in town