Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PachinkoPagoda... Big Disappointments.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy PachinkoPagoda... Big Disappointments.

If you don't want to read everything, read the last section of this message.

During mid october last year (2008), I contacted david at Pachinkopagoda to know if he had certain pachinko machines, (from a list of five I was looking for). David had 3 of the five pachinkos I wanted. One had to be reframed, one was recycled in an unusual way.

For the reframing needed, it was not a problem, as I told David, I could do it myself if needed. So I replied immediately and said that I would agree to buy two of them from him.

One week later, I had no reply from him. I emailed him back to know if he had gotten my message, since sometimes emails can get lost, or filtered in spam and so on. I got a message from one of his assistants, Larry, who let me know that David was at the hospital because he had hurt his back. I was really sorry for him. Larry said he would ask David, and give me a price for the machines. He said that he could handle the sale while David was out. No problem for me.

One week later, Larry didn't remember exactly where we were in the negotiation as per our last message. I sent back a message to know the price for the two machines + shipping.

November 5th, Larry sent me the price for the pachinko. I asked him what was included with the pachinkos, and what were the shipping costs. Everything was good for me, and I asked him to send me the Paypal invoice.

November 11th, I got the invoice and payed it the same day.

November 16th, I received an email from David to let me know that one of the pachinkos (the one that needed to be reframed) had the glass missing, They would have some glass cut the next day.

November 23rd, David contacted me to tell me that they had problems with FedEx, now Fedex charged the brokerage fees at the beginning, while placing the order for a shipment. David said the fees were $35. I asked if it was $35 for both machines or per machine. He said he would try to contact Fedex regarding the extra fees or else he would ship the machines without charging any extra shipping fees. It was no problem for me to pay the extra brokerage fee, since I didn't have a broker, I figured I would have to pay it upon reception of the machines, anyways.

David offered to ship the cell of the one which needed to be reframed using USPS, and the frame with the other machine later when it was ready, to save on shipping. I didn't accept because I didn't have a frame for this cell. David said he would contact FedEx to try to arrange something first and let me know.

December 2nd, no news. After emailing him to know if he wanted me to send additional money to his Paypal account, he replied that he delayed to answer me because one of the pachinko had sound problems. He was waiting for a reply from his parlor engineer. He offered to refund me until he was ready to ship, and he offered to add "extras" to compensate for the delay.

December 10th, David emailed me to let me know that he got the missing audio part.

December 12th, he sent me a new email to let me know that the audio was now working.

December 15th, I checked on Paypal, and didn't have much time left to get a refund if I needed, so I emailed David, asking him politely to issue a refund just to clear the Paypal timeout period, and I would re-pay him immediately for the machines if he wanted.

December 16th, David refunded my payment. He informed me that in the next day or two, when he was 100% ready to ship, he would add some extras in the boxes, upgrade shipping to AIR shipping at no cost, to thank me for my patience. I felt a bit guilty and didn't want him to have to "pay" or add extras. I just asked him to let me know what the extra costs were and I would pay them, no problem.

December 17th, I got a message from David to let me know that the pachinko (that had audio problems) was ready to ship, but was set to recycle and the lock was missing. I asked him if he thought I could reverse it back to normal on my own. He said he would look at it.

December 24th, I wished David and his team a Merry Christmas.

January 2nd, I emailed David to know if the pachinko who need to be reframed and had a broken glass is ready to ship (he had never confirmed if this one was ready). If he want he can ship it to have it clear (get some money after Christmas), and take the needed time to work on the second one. Since he ordered the audio part from Japan, and probably the lock too, I said that he didn't plan such fees when he asked me the first price, and didn't have to pay for it, and he just have to let me know extra fees

January 9th, no answer. I took a chance and emailed him to let him know that, if for any reasons he felt unconfortable selling to me and didn't want to do business with me, it was ok and I would understand, he just had to let me know, so I could simply search elsewhere for the pachinkos I ordered from him.

As of today, no reply since December 17.

3 months after the beginning...

I usually don't rant against sellers and so on, and can be really understanding. I paid, he had some unexpected problems, I can understand that. I would accept if he decided he didn't want to sell to me anymore for whatever reason. I know that it's not because he no longer wants to ship to Canada because he has Indiana Jones and other machines available on Ebay, with the shipping costs for Canada. He even includes a note to Canadian customers to let them know that the shipping fees increase because of the added brokerage fees.

You cannot imagine how disappointed I am right now. Going through all this together, and then suddenly no reply. David from Pachinko Pagoda looks like a good guy, unfortunately I really don't know what happened. Unfortunately for him, he didn't just lose two sales: I was about to buy the third pachinko which was set to recycle in unusual way, but now, I will not.

Is Pachinko Pagoda a reputable seller? Well, unfortunately I cannot say so.

I gave him every opportunity to let me know if there were any additional fees, and if he preferred not to sell to me, but never got any further reply. It's a bit scary to imagine that this seller could get money, and then never reply if something went wrong, like pachinkos undelivered, broken, or with missing parts. He can get the money, then "poof" disappear without a trace.

The sad part is, I'm a bit dumb, and a bit desperate, because after all this, if David were to contact me, I would probably forgive and forget everything and accept to do business with him.

2. The following 23 users say "Thanks" to TilionMtl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: PachinkoPagoda... Big Disappointments.

this guy has been screwing me around on damaged reels for my playboy since april of last year.

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have not done any business with Pachinko Pagoda, but after your experience I am very reluctant to do so. It almost sounds to me like he really didn't have the machines you requested, but maybe thought he could get them, so he was stalling you until he received them. They may still come through, but I personally would go somewhere else.

Thank you so much for sharing your story and I wish you luck in your journey!!
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got my Eva 2 from him. It was a ebay ad and I payed as soon as it was over only to find out the machine was still in Japan. It took almost 4 months to get it but Dave replied to every e-mail I sent him asking for updates. The cell was dirty when I received it but it was in a new white frame (I'd have rather had the purple Bisty frame but it was a new, never played one I received)

Over all I am happy with the transaction but I am hesitant to buy from Dave again after hearing the stories from people that have dealt with him lately
    the

LLTR

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The guy sounds like a soup-sandwich. Nobody does business like that, nor should you do business with someone like Dave. If you forgive and forget after the last experience with him, you will have only yourself to blame for what will be an unsatisfactory result.

Be patient and find yourself a more trustworthy seller.
    A Hardy har har...

10. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Meathead

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

i hope all works out for you tilion and you eventually get the machines you want

12. The following user says "Thanks" to mcknli7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i asked Dave about my parts again today, here is his response:
    "it is too late, sorry we are closing our shop"
    so this sack of CRAP lead me on for months as he took money from other unsuspecting buyers and then just told me to f#$k off! guess i know what i'm doing on my trip to California this year. nice thing i know his name still have contacts in the intelligence family to get his address no matter what!
    Last edited by birdbrain; 01-15-2009 at 01:25 AM.

14. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Although it is sad to see another provider of pachi close their doors...its clear from this thread that their demise must be directly linked to their business practices.

Sorry to hear about your experience guys.
    Bob's Tiki BarCade: Home to Arcade Machines, Pachis, Collectibles, and a Massive amount of Polynesian Kitsch. All together in one room.....because that's the only place she'll let me keep it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did have some communication problems with Pachinko Pagoda using eBay, but have met Dave personally, and feel he is actually a decent guy. He runs the business with several family members, and I think communication gets lost/twisted around depending on who receives your email. It's the whole too many cooks in the kitchen thing.

It is sad to see another dealer go, but his choice to close up shop may be due to the fact that he just doesn't have the time and resources to provide the level of service we all demand.

17. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to MrGoodBurn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I bought a Star Wars from Dave when he was new to the scene. It was an OK transaction, the game was a little dirty but I seen worse and he was a good communicator. I didn't like the fact the game comes without feet and he charges extra for a black stand. I posted a review at the time.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All my interactions with Dave have been great and his machines have been in excellent condition. I'm sorry to hear others have not had similar experiences and I hope he will do good by birdbrain and his reels.
    Machines I own: ...see my profile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

he told me i was **** out of luck. like i said i'll make it a point of visiting him this summer...

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now Birdbrain don't go doing anything that will end up with some quality time with Bubba! We don't need any postings from jail.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Lazarus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Be cool BB! They don't allow Pachi's in jail...

If you do decide to do something; don't get caught!

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGoodBurn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have never bought a pachinko from anyone other than Dave, so when coming across this thread I must admit it made me sad and confused. Dave has always been responsive, upbeat, and reliable when I purchased from him. I didnt know he was "shutting down", but I got a heck of a deal from him on an Indy cell only just last week. The fedex tracking number says it will be delivered Tuesday. I must admit I am slightly worried based on this post, but I dont expect anything less than the normal good quality I have always gotten. I hope this time is no exception, considering he has another cell and a pachi I desperately want (we are just working out the details, such as how I can come up with money to make the purchase $). If he is truly shutting down its a shame as far as I am concerned. My first pachi, Star Wars, the one that started it all came from him. In a way he is responsible for bringing me here to my pachifamily. So many of us have fallen on hard times, and we all know the ups and downs so many of the sellers we rely on have. Some of us may be fortunate to have money to spend on our hobby. Many of us do not. And the "impulse buyers" that typically pick up the full custom ultra rare million god ala Obama slot sure arent spending like they used to. So our vendors are faced with dilemmas I am sure on whether or not to continue bringing over machines they cant move and make a profit on. I am sure there is backstory to these complaints. It may certainly not make Dave's actions acceptable, but there may be something going on that we have no idea of. Of course if I get a box of busted up parts I may feel different on Tuesday.

OK, thats probably the most I have said in a year or so. Have a nice day.
    Pachinko Captain Solo in the Cargo Bay

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As I state in my message, I ordered two pachinkos from him, paid them, he always come back with something about them, may be possible, He refund to have the time to prepare them properly, and even If I emailed him twice after that, he never came back. So unfortunately for him he lost nearly 900 USD from me, and possibly more because I was thinking of buying a third machine. I hope everything will go better for you that it have been for me, birdbrain, and some other user. It's always sad to lost a seller
    WARNING! These smileys contain violence
    strong language brief scenes of nudity
    and are not recommended for younger audience

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That really sucks. And I can see the headlines now. "Man in Hospital After Being Hit Repeatedly With Plastic Pachinko Tray".

I just bought from a Canadian dealer on ebay - tommyzx1122

I don't think he stocks much, but I think he's affiliated with iMatrix somehow. I had a good experience buying from him.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello all looking a list of machines wondering if you genets could point a fella in the right direction

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I got my Indy cell. It was clean, well packed, and had volume controls. That and the price was right

I am sorry others have had problems with Dave, but I can still say that all of my dealings have gone very well. I must admit I am perplexed why others dealings have gone as far south as they have. If I had read TilionMtl's post and the way birdbrain was treated BEFORE placing this cell order I must admit I would have shied away and never even given him the chance. I think I will send Dave an email and inquire about these issues and see what he has to say for himself. He has always been fair and communicative with me. I would continue doing business with him, although I would like to see our fellow pachitalkers issues at the very least acknowledged.
    Now I will say when looking at getting a Star Wars pachislo that he has he did say he wont do pachislos anymore, that he just hasnt had any luck with them. The ones he was getting always seemed to have too many issues. He knows pachinkos but not pachislos.
    Last edited by revmondo; 01-27-2009 at 09:53 PM.
    Pachinko Captain Solo in the Cargo Bay

Thanks
    Thanks Received

revmondo, please don't communicate with him about what we say here for now. Give us time to handle the issues, if it's still possible. Right now, he came back to me two days ago, I don't know where he was, or if something bad happen to him, but he may have come back to others who had problems with him too, so give us time to try to solve our problems with him first.
    WARNING! These smileys contain violence
    strong language brief scenes of nudity
    and are not recommended for younger audience

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast