Thread: sanyo comet II empties to bottom tray?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default sanyo comet II empties to bottom tray?

it has always dropped the jackpot balls into the bottom, not top, tray like my other machines. is this how it works?

just wondering.

p.s. this picture has the balls jammed up, it was before I got her working and the only shot I had of the back right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: sanyo comet II empties to bottom tray?

if u look on the front face of your pachinko there should be a hole one the left side... (usualy one the left side some times it is on the right...)

it is a small hole that u could stick a wire the size of a paper clip threw... if u push a wire thew that hole it will make every pachinko i have seen and own dump all the balls into the bottom.. if u take that hole and look on the back side where it would come threw u should be able to reset that lever to stop the balls from running threw the machine.. it might take u a second to see where the lever is opperating but it sonds like that is it..

that lever is a great friend if your going to trans port your machine.. makes it allo lighter and helps keeping it from jamming.. nothing worse then a ball ending up where it dose not belong..

hope that helps

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i have one of those too.but mine sends about half of the jackpot balls to the top tray and the others to the bottom.i do not know which machine is wrong or if both are.i would think they should all come out the top. i will dig into mine this evening and see if i can figure out anything.
    Last edited by pinball wizard; 01-12-2009 at 03:32 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've got two Comet II's...

As I recall, payouts will hit the top tray striking the higher tone bell along the way. If the top tray backs up (lucky!) balls fall through to the bottom tray striking the lower toned bell.

If the payouts are going to the bottom without the upper tray being backed up (not so lucky...) then I suspect there is an obstruction of some other sort. You can carefully remove the large "7" shaped covers over the bells that handle the payouts. Make sure everything is clean inside and perhaps take some pictures of what's underneath if the problem isn't plain right away.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to scotaku

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sorry.. i guess i should learn to read better... i miss read that completly.. i agree with scotaku..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by scotaku View Post
    I've got two Comet II's...

As I recall, payouts will hit the top tray striking the higher tone bell along the way. If the top tray backs up (lucky!) balls fall through to the bottom tray striking the lower toned bell.

If the payouts are going to the bottom without the upper tray being backed up (not so lucky...) then I suspect there is an obstruction of some other sort. You can carefully remove the large "7" shaped covers over the bells that handle the payouts. Make sure everything is clean inside and perhaps take some pictures of what's underneath if the problem isn't plain right away.
    I found out what's going on. there is an L shaped piece of plastic that pivots and splits the balls to both top and bottom tray. most going to the bottom tray.

if I pivot the plastic to catch the nub, I can make it divert all to the upper tray, but I'm not sure that's how it's supposed to work

also, what is this piece of plastic in the payout chute for? it's not attached to anything and just swings down there.
    PachiTalk

8. The following user says "Thanks" to mudfud

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The part in the last picture is supposed to be upwards vertical and should have a wire attached so that when balls push against it, it stops the ball loading mechanism from sending balls to the shooter, until you empty the overflow tray.
    Last edited by compirate; 01-13-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: not sure I know what the heck I'm talking about! ;)

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Compirate is right on. Also, for most machines like this, there is a mechanism in the machines that prevents jackpot balls from falling into the player trays UNLESS the jackpot lever has previously been activated. This prevents unscrupulous players from shaking or using magnets or other device to open the jackpot. The way it works is when the winning ball seesaw is activated, the releases a lever that then allows (or not allows) the moving ramp to be in the correct position to send the correctly won jackpot balls into the 'pay out area'. As stated before, if the top tray is too full, then the balls fall to the lower tray and hit a different toned bell.

Now that we have overloaded you with info... you just gotta figure out what the heck is going on in your machine! This my friend, is the nemisis that makes the vintage machines so much fun!
    Rusty Key

12. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to wrkey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hey compirate. I think you are right about the plastic L needing to be stopped by the nubbin. (so it looks like clock hands at about 9:30) I had it that way and it must have slipped when I put the cover on. will try to slip something under there to keep it in place before I screw the cover down.

I can see how the balls would be directed to the top tray until they overflowed and pushed the vertical part of the L out of the way and ran into the bottom tray.

don't know where the wire is that's supposed to hook to the lever for bottom tray overfill. seems to be missing. good thing I don't win that often...

maybe you or rusty could post a picture of the part I need to recreate?
    PachiTalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    I found out what's going on. there is an L shaped piece of plastic that pivots and splits the balls to both top and bottom tray. most going to the bottom tray.

if I pivot the plastic to catch the nub, I can make it divert all to the upper tray, but I'm not sure that's how it's supposed to work

also, what is this piece of plastic in the payout chute for? it's not attached to anything and just swings down there.
    that is exactly what was wrong with mine.i further tested it with a full upper tray,and the balls from subsequent jackpots will now fall to the lower tray,just as scotaku said.also,i have a picture of the wire linkage you need to attach to that plastic piece.you should be able to fabricate it from a piece of stiff wire.it does exactly what compirate said it is for.i apologize for my poor photography,but if you need a clearer shot of that wire,i could post it for you.

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pinball wizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    The part in the last picture is supposed to be upwards vertical and should have a wire attached so that when balls push against it, it stops the ball loading mechanism from sending balls to the shooter, until you empty the overflow tray.

compirate and pinball wizard. how does the plastic piece stay vertical? is there a whole in the side of the chute that one connects the screw through the wire to keep it from falling inside? and pb wizard, would you mind measuring the length of the wire, so I don't have to do too many experiments?

thanks!
    PachiTalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

here is a picture of the piece which attaches to the other end of the wire.i noticed in your first post that in the picture of the back of your machine,this part is missing.if you do not have this part,you could remove the other piece from the chute and use your machine without it.only thing is that your machine will still shoot balls when the overflow tray is full.but how often do we get that lucky when playing?if you do have this part,let me know and i would be glad to get you the measurements of the wire.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

good point there, that i'm missing another piece to link to... that's OK, I don't win that much with the sanyo machine. it's a pretty hard one to get ahead with.

I will pull the back cover off again and slip a butter knife or something like that from the side to push the L lever beyond the nub for payout to the top tray.

thanks for all the help
    PachiTalk