Thread: powerflash questions, maybe sophia B, too.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default powerflash questions, maybe sophia B, too.

now that it's cleaned up, there are some questions that came up, even though the machine seems to work just fine.

1) what is the horizontal arm that goes into the lower center chute for? I can push it in and it springs back. sounds like it's closing and opening a door inside the lower chute?

is this supposed to link with the clear plastic arm's side piece? it seems to on my other nishijin B, but I can't figure out what it does, and it doesn't align quite right to hit the clear piece on the powerflash.

2/3) anyone recognize this piece of white plastic? I can't figure out where it goes, but it does have a lot of ball marks on it, so it should have been along the ball path somewhere.

4) where do I find 10 VAC bulbs? the picture is one of the original ones, and I would like to add a couple more lights in the center area (without drilling holes, of course). the bulb itself has no identification markings on the collar. it is sourced from the AC transformer.

5) anyone have a spare upper tray slider switch?

I posted some video of the powerflash working at the end of the other thread. it's really a fun machine. very clever how they got all those tulips moving at the same time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mudfud; 01-09-2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: swapped the numbers
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: powerflash questions, maybe sophia B, too.

1. This spring level is not to 'open a door' but rather moved when a door is opened. When the jackpot balls are paid, they flow into the upper player tray ringing a specific bell, however, if that tray gets full the balls fall to the lower tray past a different bell with a different ring. When the lower tray get's full, the ball 'back up' and push on the wire in question which in turn prevents more balls from falling into the shooter area. This prevents a machine from paying jackpots when there is no place for the balls to go.
    2. From the looks of it and compared to mine, it appears to be part of the upper hopper track that also functions as the hopper empty lever.
    4. I couldn't find 10v lights locally, so I converted all mine to either 12v or 9v from the local Radio Shack. Just take your 10v bulb with you and purchase as many of the same type of voltage bulbs as you need and replace them all. Then power it according to your power source. On my PowerFlash, I am using 14v bulbs and they work fine.
    5. This I don't have.

Hope this helps!
    Rusty Key

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to wrkey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I believe that the white plastic piece is from the inside of the end of the chute as the balls land in the back tray at the end of each play. That's probably hard to read, but I didn't know how else to describe it. If it doesn't appear to be affecting your game play, I wouldn't worry about it...but I wouldn't throw it away either.

Nice Machine! I'm jealous.
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Bigdog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by wrkey View Post
    1. This spring level is not to 'open a door' but rather moved when a door is opened. When the jackpot balls are paid, they flow into the upper player tray ringing a specific bell, however, if that tray gets full the balls fall to the lower tray past a different bell with a different ring. When the lower tray get's full, the ball 'back up' and push on the wire in question which in turn prevents more balls from falling into the shooter area. This prevents a machine from paying jackpots when there is no place for the balls to go.
    2. From the looks of it and compared to mine, it appears to be part of the upper hopper track that also functions as the hopper empty lever.
    4. I couldn't find 10v lights locally, so I converted all mine to either 12v or 9v from the local Radio Shack. Just take your 10v bulb with you and purchase as many of the same type of voltage bulbs as you need and replace them all. Then power it according to your power source. On my PowerFlash, I am using 14v bulbs and they work fine.
    5. This I don't have.

Hope this helps!
    thanks for the help, rusty and bigdog.

yes. the lever is for stopping the ball feeder, and it is in the right place afterall.

in regards to the plastic piece, I think bigdog is right that it's from the chute at the bottom. I don't know where it goes, and it works fine without, so I'll just keep it in the "spare pachinko parts" section. maybe it does something with directing the overflow?

duh, on the bulbs. I did some reading and you can use AC or DC through the same bulb. so, i'll stop by radio shed and get some in that range... maybe the 12v bulbs so i'm a little dim instead of too bright for the bulb.

I emailed bill at vintage pachinko on the lever. I can make something out of wood, or find some other suitable knob, I'm sure. just nice to have it original, that's all.
    PachiTalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you might want to check happ controls web site for the bulbs.they seem to have a lot of different ones to choose from.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    I believe that the white plastic piece is from the inside of the end of the chute as the balls land in the back tray at the end of each play. That's probably hard to read, but I didn't know how else to describe it. If it doesn't appear to be affecting your game play, I wouldn't worry about it...but I wouldn't throw it away either.

Nice Machine! I'm jealous.
    I will find a way to look from underneath the machine, hopefully without dropping it on my head, to see if that's the place it came from.

pinball wizard - thx for the link. i'll check them out, although I have since found out that DC and AC are the same to light bulbs, so radio shack probably has what I need.

also, I realized last night that if I take 2 x 6 volt bulbs in series, this will work fine for the 10 VAC nominal. granted, if one burns out, they both go, but this way I can find bulbs easily and be closer than 14V or 6V, which is most of what is available at radio shack
    Last edited by mudfud; 01-10-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: one more thing
    PachiTalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

found out where the plastic came from. bigdog was right.

it was part of the lost balls chute, and really didn't need to be there, but I glued it back anyways... had to turn the machine on it's side to really see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PachiTalk

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mudfud