Thread: Problems with Transformer?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Problems with Transformer?

Hey all!
    Think i figured out my problem with my machine in the old post.
    Few Problems, mostly shooter mech

Had my brother over for christmas! (first time i'd seen him in 3 years)
    He's a highly experienced electrician and i figured i'd have him take a look at my pachinko, he has no experience with pachinkos whatsoever but he believes the problem lies in the Transformer...
    Since the shooter mechanism still has a full range of power (lowest not making it up the ramp, highest only going halfway across the playfield) he thinks the thingy (can't remember the name) that controls how much power the shooter receives isn't receiving enough power.. He said the transformer on there is , in his own words a door bell transformer.
    He looked at my other pachi and the transformer was twice the size..

So, the reason i posted is to see if this actually sounds right to anyone else, seeing as he has no pachi experience i'd like to ask all the pachi-gods before I replace it. And also, if people have guides / pictures / videos on how to install a transformer, without any sparks, death, or fires.
    Thanks again All

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Problems with Transformer?

Quote Originally Posted by Banzaitrooper View Post
    ... And also, if people have guides / pictures / videos on how to install a transformer, without any sparks, death, or fires.
    Thanks again All

Now, that is asking for a lot.

Here is one thread. I hope it helps:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...-question.html
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

A picture of the transformer on your pachinko would help us help you
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

got a couple questions ...Is the transformer getting hot i mean really hot (be careful checking this put you hand above it if it doesnt feel hot then touch it .dont want you to burn yourself .) second do the lights dim dramatically when you try to use the shooter .
    if the answer to these questions is no then the problem is with the shooter and you may have to take it apart looking for objects stuck in the mechanism others here have had shooter problems in the past like this .Ask Arby what he thinks he's the man in pachinko's around here and my expertise ends with electrical problems i bow to his expertise in pachinko related areas .
    Jeff

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I fixed it ! i took apart the shooter and everything, cleaned it all and once it was done I manually held it in place and the balls were shooting all the way across the playfield! I was so excited, I screwed all the screws back in, turned the machine around And!!! It wasn't working again So, could someone tell me how the shooter works? I mean, when I turn the shooter knob the motor turns the same speed, but i still get the range of motion. (ranging from once again, hardly shooting the ball and not making it into the playfield and the ball making it to the middle of the playfield at full strength).

What i noticed however, is on my other pachinko machine, I have to turn the knob quite a ways before it actually starts shooting, with this particular machine if it gets so much as breathed on it will start shooting, maybe the action is happening too early? maybe the knob is set on wrong? Any ideas Thanks again everyone!

(I know this thread is old, but i've been very busy lately, college/new job, just got around to pachi again now that i've settled in)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's my thoughts. If, as you said, that when you held it in place the balls went flying, but when you bolted it down they didn't. I tend to feel this is a mechanical problem more than an electical one. Could it be that when you bolt it down, the device is getting 'bound up' some how? Possibly twisted or rubbing against something? Could the motor not be aligning correctly to the shooter hammer when it's bolted down?

Try this. Loosen the bolts/screws on the motor just a bit. Just enough to give it some "breathing room". Then retry. If the balls go flying, then you have a 'binding' problem and not an electrical one.

I'm not that experienced with the modern shooters so I'm just guessing here.

Good luck!
    Rusty Key

8. The following user says "Thanks" to wrkey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I tried that and it didn't work, thanks for the idea though.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

hmmm sounds like a earthing problem ie to the earth ring that you have to touch as you turn it to shoot ie if your holding it place you are earthing it to the main parts but if you bolt it down and turn the handle your earthing it via the handle

i would grab at it like a highschool guy on prom night and see if you can find a point that works or try to find where you were holding it on place and hold there just to prove/ disprove the theory would give yuo a starting point if works
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

11. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well When i manually held the motor in place and it had worked the silver plate behind the shooter had NO screws in. this doesn't make sense to me but maybe thats why? Anyway here's a pic to show what im talking about (in this pic it has screws in it, just trying to show you all the silver plate)

Would not having those screws in be bad for the machine? I don't know what they connect to, i unscrewed them because i was trying to actually get the shooter knob off but that's not where it was grounded.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree with Dr. C

must be a ground fault

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Could someone then translate what Dr. Crippen said from crippenese to english?

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Banzaitrooper

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

My time has been spent watching the Brit caper/gangster movies like "Layer Cake".

An unanticipated side effect has been that "Crippenese" is now very understandable and (gasp) very normal.

Watching a lot of Dr. Who and Torchwood may have helped. It's become a very BBC thing at my house.
    Last edited by dishpan; 04-18-2009 at 02:45 PM.
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to dishpan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If I understand my Crippenese...

Put your hands ALL OVER the shooter knob while trying to shoot balls, and see it there is any contact you can make (while it is bolted down) to enable the shooting.

Next steps could start with... loosening all the screws, especially the ones that are near the shooter hammer.
    Last edited by rubberratt; 04-18-2009 at 03:36 PM.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to rubberratt