Thread: Problems with ballerina

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Problems with ballerina

I just got my ballerina cell and seem to be having problems.

1) The ballerina spins 100% of the time.
    2) No matter how many balls go thru the start cup, the music only cycles once, but the balls pay out everytime. Doesn't seem to store rounds.
    3) The light for the first round is always lit. The other lights (2 thru 8) do not light up.

I checked all the connections, and even pulled the ballerina assembly out to check for shorts.

Any ideas out there?

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Problems with ballerina

It's actually a very cool game. Starts are stocked on Deji pachi, not this type, more a Hanemono (wing type). Yes, the Ballerina turns all the time. The numbers you refer to are what type of bonus your in (having looked at the 'how to play page', 1-3 are 'reg' bonus and 4-8 are 'big' bonus - my guess ).

I haven't played it in a while, but here's a page that explains some of it - Super Ballerina on Ice. I'm having a little trouble getting it to come up, but here's Heiwa's page.

Looks like you get a ball in the 'start', then the tulips at the top center open. Get a ball in there, it rolls down the back of the center to a rotating wheel there. Get the ball in at the right time and it goes in the 'V' groove (not sure if it's actually a 'V' ). This allows it to roll down the tube to the left and around the base of the ballerina. If it lands in the 'chance' groove, you get a bonus, which is played at the bonus gate at the bottom. So this game has a lot of chance built in (gotta get the balls in the right place at the right time), it's more decided by you and the balls falling through the nails than by a computer

I've got one kind of like it also made by Taiyo Elec for the Laluz frame - Erichan
    Last edited by compirate; 01-01-2009 at 12:25 PM.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

3. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Problems with ballerina

Thanks Compirate, I was hoping you would have some answers, seeing as how you just repaired the one you got from Arby.

I had to reinstall the gear that turns the ballerina, (shipping was a little rough), and was hoping nothing else was broke.

I'll play it awhile and see what happens.