Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Cost Only Go Up

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Shipping Cost Only Go Up

We have to face the factÂ… Shipping cost is only going to go up.

When I speak of shipping cost, I am speaking of all the cost associated with it too. The box, Good foam job, peanuts, Stapled or well taped closed.

UPS or FEDex has the market share to control the prices of transport and sir taxes ($63.00 to 75.00), that's a given.

But the box and all the packing eats up $12.00 to $30.00 depending on how many boxes you buy ahead (boxes can and are cheap by the ton, but most can't buy or store a ton of boxes).

The foam, if it is the shaped foam to protect your machine, this is not free, it has a high cost (like boxes foam flats can and are cheap by the ton, but most can't buy or store a ton of foam flats ether).

Peanut in the sealed bag, the cost to set up the equipment is a nice out lay and peanuts are not cheap at all very large bags are in the $25.00 range and freight to get it runs high.

So the whole meaning here is the cost to getting a machine in good working order is not that bad. Â…Note I had gotten a Top Cat from a dealer, remember Danny (none we have talked about on this board) all that he did was put the machine in a cardboard box & taped it, the size of the machine. It was all broke up on the inside when I got it. The point is cheap shipping, the shipper is going to cut corners to stay in that price range.

Remember this is a Electronic device well built, but canÂ’t take the bumps a abuse that the big two do.

My american made Electronic slot machines shipping cost has ran between $200 and $300, because of crating and freight. It runs $50 extra to have the truck that delivers your machine have a lift gate. This is delivered to my door. Granted their sizes are larger, but they don't come close to having all the Electronic gear on the inside that the Japanese machines do.

I myself would rather pay higher shipping cost to get a machine that ready to use, and not one that needs repair or parts or God forbid a recall tag. Also an insurance claim takes around 2 to 3 months to get your money back for a damaged machine.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Fever Hunter Urban Archaeologist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default shipping cost

Hi, I'm new, as of last night, to this excellent website. I stayed up most of the night reading nearly all the past posts and learned a lot. I got my first Pachislo machine just two days ago. Now about shipping cost... I've been buying and selling on ebay since 1997 and I know overcharging for shipping is a "BIG ISSUE" with buyers. I agree as both a buyer and seller things need to be fair for everyone to be happy. At best I've broken even in shipping cost but most likely spent a little more factoring in boxes, packing materials, etc, plus my time. But I feel my time was paid for from profits from sales. A Lot of sellers on ebay avoid higher ebay seller fees by selling at cheap prices with "Way Out Of Line" shipping charge. A perfect example is just look up tools. You can buy saws, drills, etc for a couple of bucks with a whopping $50.00 or more shipping cost. That's just plain dishonest in my opinion. Of course the buyers can base their bidding on all this for a total cost to them but what about ebay and their fees, ebay is being cheated. I fully understand shipping involves more than just postage (or UPS/Fedex fees). But I question shipping cost in this way.... a seller in California charges $59.00 to ship a Pachislo (Insured Delivery) anywhere in lower 48 and another seller in Ohio very close to me in Tennessee charged me $84.50. Both use Fedex and both package very well (based on their claims on ebay listings) so their packing costs should be about the same. In my case knowing Fedex and UPS will beat a package to death I opted for the company closer to me in hopes I'd get my machine faster and better odds of being undamaged. Well it did get here in fine shape but Fedex tried to deliver it to a city with a similar name 300 miles from me before getting it to me. A Two Day Delay in getting here and it was Fedex's fault 100%. How can one seller ship so much cheaper at longer distance than the other seller? I feel one is making a few more bucks off the buyers. Unlike the tool sellers the Pachislo Machine is a much more expensive purchase so the sellers don't really beat ebay out of anything. I really like my first Pachislo Machine and am already bidding on another one on ebay. This sellers shipping charge is lower than I paid last time and I think more in line with actual cost to ship it. My comments here are just my opinions but I do know from my experience, buyers will most likely be repeat customers if they were treated fair in shipping charges. Randy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the board.

Fedex gives a discount to large volume shippers, so the cost there is not the same. Also as I posted the shipping materials will be different with dealers. I can order shipping boxes for Pachislos and get them at about $2.50 apiece + shipping, but that 3,000 boxes flat from a box maker. I would need a 4 stall grage to just store them.
    Same goes for the foam inserts or even peanuts.

I have found do to local taxes of different states shipping cost to can vary. The big two don't charge by where to in the 48 states, only by size and weight and to a (business or home)

So the cost to send a machine by fedex across town is the same as to hell.

If a buyer thinks the dealer is padding the cost. When you get your machine measure the box and weight it. call one of the big two and ask them the cost to ship that to (where it came from you will need there zip, but say it is a home) and I think you will find the cost is not out of line.

As to the tool sellers, them I am not address here, only our little world of Pachi and the assoated products.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh I forgot to add, when you buy only 25 boxes their price is $12.55 a piece + shipping.
    Foam cost is higher also and peanuts TOO!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pretty good post Arby, except you are off on one thing. The big sellers pay between $30-$42 to ship a machine through FedEx. $42 would be coast to coast.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i was using UPS as a thumb point, for not have done tomuch with fedex, cause there cost to me a small business is higher.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know fedex has much lower rates if you pack a trailer with a full load for them to just pick up and take to their sort center.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

arbyh try DHL for shipping

Thanks
    Thanks Received

DHL to say it nice, is very unfofilling. They have lost more stuff sent to me in their short time, than the total of Ups & Fedex combined. plus they don't the machines because of the size & weight. (this info was as of last year)

a case in point many year ago, I hand bought (civ. issu. Simi-auto only, but still belt feed) M-60. It took DHL almost 3 months to get it to me, they had lost it three times in shipment and this was a $6,500 new in the crate, never been shot piece of gold to me. The total weight was 43ish pounds and it was to be next day. What a joke it was. Granted this was in the early 80s, I know things change, which I am sure they have, but I still have nite mares on that shippment. The hoops I had to jump thru to even be able to buy one that took a bout 6 months, than a nother year to find a virgin in the box. It came out of Cal. that might have been the problem. I don't know.

My best costing for me has been UPS, and I box so a tank darn near can run over it and not hurt it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

arby, you mught like this site

http://www.thegunsearch.com/

they are local here in bradenton, they have a plasa tv in their store and show videos of machineguns in action.

when they go shooting they take a truck load of ammo with them :lol: :lol: :lol:

they are licensed to sell machine guns and silencers.

i bought a nice 38spl revolver with wood grips from them for 200.00 last year.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default shipping cost

Both sellers who I won't name here claim to be major sellers of these machines. The One who charged me the higher price... in their listings on ebay claims to do this as their only business and then in the listing they proceed to talk "bad" about all the other sellers of Pachislo Machines on ebay. So I would assume they both do buy in bulk quantities. That would put both sellers on equal ground as far as actual shipping cost, packing materials cost, etc. I only mentioned the tools as a reference to the common practice of overcharging customers for shipping and one reason why it's done.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very cool

Thanks
    Thanks Received

everything in bradenton is cool

except the weather :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default shipping

I also should say... My concern with shipping overcharges with the tools as the example was this, if a seller will use shipping cost to get their final price for something even though they sell cheap on ebay, this cheats ebay and if the seller will cheat ebay then they will cheat me and you too!!! Buyers can and should factor shipping cost in on how much they bid in any auction but that still does not erase the fact the seller is being less than honest with all parties concerned. After all ebay is a much more cost efficient way of selling than operating a retail store full time. These machines are large size, heavy, and need better than usual packing so $70.00 shipping doesn't seem unfair to me. But $84.50 was considerably more and I live very close to seller so I would say he did profit on this. It's no big deal, I'm very happy with my purchase, I was only commenting that sometimes shipping cost are only going up because of greed

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gas increases the cost, when you ship something there is a gas increase added. No matter how close you are the shipping cost will be about the same. that is how they do their costing. If any thing I would say that the big two are making the bucks off of shipping, but I have no facts to suport this.

And there is handling to you should ad in, as to how much, it depends on how long it takes and how much moving done before pickup.

Oh! insurance is their also, that not free

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i always check shipping cost before i bid on anything.

if i don't like it, i don't bid.

i sell a lot on ebay and i could charge more for shipping,

if i added tape, time in packing and waiting at p.o. and gas cost.

then i lose money on everything i ship.

but, i'm retired and have a lot of free time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As we get older our time is less free,

Thanks
    Thanks Received

what can i say!!!!

uncle sam pays me to stay home :lol: :lol: :lol:

and i just got a 31.00 a month raise :grin:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can just about quite your job Table dancing on friday nites Women only clubs, they just paw us and treat us like a piece of meat. :roll:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

arby,

you could earn more money table dancing in a gay bar :oops: :oops: :oops:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast