Thread: spare ashtray? and switch Q for single shot sophia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default spare ashtray? and switch Q for single shot sophia

anyone have, or know where I might find, the ashtray for a single shot sophia?

I bought this one for $75 locally, told it didn't work.

as usual, the people were not mechanical and had the thing jammed with balls and with levers that needed fine tuning.

I had it working at home in 5 minutes.

it's in very good shape with a cell that is not water stained. I want to restore it and thought that the best that I could do is carve an ashtray out of wood or maybe aluminum, but I could not reproduce the pattern on the front.

I emailed bill at vintage pachinko.

also, does anyone know what the plastic switch above the ball entry hole on the right side is? it seems to activate a lever that is related to the win ball jackpot seesaw.

I thought at first it might let you store your wins and release them with the lever, but right now it's not doing anything to the win output.

thanks for info.

chewy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: spare ashtray? and switch Q for single shot sophia

The plastic switch is there to clear a jam at jackpot sesaw. If you power up your machine, the bottom right seashell should light when you hit a pocket and ball rolls on the backside of the seesaw instead of hitting it.

i.e. shoot the ball, hit a pocket, ball rolls on the back side of jackpot seesaw, ball hits microswitch, the light lights up, you hit the switch and it releases/pushes the ball back to the seesaw, light goes out, payout then occurs.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unfortunately, if it is that important to you to find a matching ashtray for your machine, you are going to pay through the nose for a replacement. The only hope that you've got is to find a similar machine that is literally trashed too bad to save...but has an ashtray. Or, find someone who has such a scrap machine and is selling the parts one by one.

Much luck to you...I really like those single shots. They don't do much, but they are really cool machines.
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Check with Bill over @ vintagepachinko.com for that ashtray.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

HI! Did you get your ashtray? I see you have at least one machine like mine(Nishijin type A)

The lever is for when you get more than one ball in the pockets at a time press to get the rest. You should be able to see them in the little cutout maybe. Also if you insert a straightened paperclip into the keyhole at the top it will press thru and jiggle the rocker to reset it. The paperclip can also be used to empty the hopper out the back using the hole on the other side.

Say would send me or direct me to a close-up picture of any tags you have like mine below. I would greatly appreciate it.(or anyone else that reads this also please.)

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/memb...eshot-ftag.jpg

Thank you very much.