Thread: Maturi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Maturi

Just curious what people's opinions are about the 5 Maturi boards that came out a couple years ago (Penguin, Allwin, Giant 7, Apollo, etc)? What plays the best, how much strategy is involved, what game will give you the most bang for your buck, and finally what game will give you good replay value. I'm only allowed to get one more machine (until I can convince her otherwise) and I'm looking for a modern machine to show the development over the vintage. The Maturi machines seems to combine the vintage feel with a modern machine. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Maturi

Maybe the best machines made - I have all 5. Apollo is my favorite by a good bit. Penguin is probably the most basic but fun - hard to come by. I enjoy the others about the same. I can't remember the name of the 2nd one that slot-pachinko has for sale, not the Giant 7, but it has great music and reaches.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is there any other Maturi videos than these in YouTube? Is it possible to take some videos from the other models as well? I'd like to see more about these machines. I'm interested modern machines with great effects without typical screen.

YouTube - Giant Seven Pachinko - Huge Reach Action

YouTube - Giant Seven Pachinko パチンコ- Fever Mode

YouTube - Apollo 1 Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are a couple more games in the Taiyo Elec 'Maturi' frame that do not feature an LCD screen. The full list of non LCD games are...

Apollo 1, Winter 7, Gachinko 7, Mambo Celebration, Giant Seven, Strike Strike Sparrow (Mahjong) and Arepachin (Penguin).

I don't know which one of these 'Allwin' is (could it be a mistranslation of 'Winter 7'?), but there are links to the manufacturers web pages and several Japanese pachinko sites on my gamelist page (link below) so you can compare pictures and find out what it is really called. Also pasting the Japanese name into a search on Youtube might bring up a few more videos.

There are also a few regular LCD games in the same frame, but for some reason they don't seem to have been as many of them exported out of Japan.

Full list of Taiyo Elec 'Maturi' frame games.

5. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Apollo 1 is a great machine! I wish I had never sold the one we had in the shop. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford to buy it at the time. Probably my favorite non-LCD machine. If you have the chance to get one IT'S A KEEPER!
    Pachislos: Neo Pharaoh Zetz
    Pachinkos: Girls Und Panzer

7. The following user says "Thanks" to PachiFool

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Look what just came up!
    Japanese Pachinko pinball machine, MSRP $2,500. Your price: $150.
    Maybe he can ship?
    Led Zepplin

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Of the ones that I own, I would rate them as follows;

Apollo 1
    Arepachin (Penguin) - the best looking one of the bunch ...
    Giant Seven
    Strike Strike Sparrow (Mahjong)
    Gachinko 7

The Apollo and the Penguin are both of the Arepachi game type and are my favorites. The others also have their charms and will also remain in my collection.
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to dishpan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have the penguin, and I thoroughly enjoy the game play, the board and lights keep the little ones entertained. The only problems I've had are 1) it has trouble paying out sometimes, but I am working on that and 2) there's no LCD.. The lack of LCD is a little disappointment, but people still enjoy playing the penguin. I have mine mounted on my wall, and many people ask me about it. It really catches ones eye, because it is bright yellow, as are most Maturi machines are. If you are in the market, I highly suggest picking one up, they are loads of fun. This machine was also my first venture into the eE world, and has helped me quite a bit. This machine, and I am sure all Maturi machines are A+ material.
    tayio elec matuir penguin. $100

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Colinb913

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks all for your input! The Allwin is at Slot-Pachi down near the bottom. It is the one with the techno beat. I've read some good and some bad about buying from them. Any input there?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've only played one, and that was at my friends house.. I personally enjoyed it. He had it in his basement. I guess his dads friend gave it to him.. I liked it, it kept my attention, and I had a blast. I especially liked the whole slot-pachi thing.. If I were you, I'd jump on it if I had a chance to buy it..
    tayio elec matuir penguin. $100

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just picked up a Penguin today... Also has issue with not paying out (Hmmmm...) Additionally, I placed a ball in each of the slots at the bottom of the board by hand to hit what appears to be an impossible jackpot. The board lit up and went crazy with lights and all, but Now it wont do anything except light up all excited.

How do you reset this thing?

Also, and plz forgive the noob questions, would it be all that bad to remove a few of the nails here and there to improve the chance of balls hitting the more desirable sweet spots? As it stands its less than impossible to hit 4+ in a row. If I owned a gaming palor, that would obviously work to my advantage, but I dont and would like to up the likelihood of winning... But given all the electronics on the back, I'm wondering if each of those nails doesnt have a wire going to it?

Anyone know?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by tripn4days View Post
    I just picked up a Penguin today... Also has issue with not paying out (Hmmmm...) Additionally, I placed a ball in each of the slots at the bottom of the board by hand to hit what appears to be an impossible jackpot. The board lit up and went crazy with lights and all, but Now it wont do anything except light up all excited.

How do you reset this thing?

Also, and plz forgive the noob questions, would it be all that bad to remove a few of the nails here and there to improve the chance of balls hitting the more desirable sweet spots? As it stands its less than impossible to hit 4+ in a row. If I owned a gaming palor, that would obviously work to my advantage, but I dont and would like to up the likelihood of winning... But given all the electronics on the back, I'm wondering if each of those nails doesnt have a wire going to it?

Anyone know?
    dont pull the nails.. there not attached to anything but it could damage the playfield...

make small adjustments to the nails to open the access to the payout pockets... small adjustments can and will increase the odds allot
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    dont pull the nails.. small adjustments can and will increase the odds allot

Really? Interesting. I actually straightened out one "bent" nail while i was in there. I just thought someone got a ball jammed at some point or something

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After some experimental tinkering, I finally identified the RESET harness plug and the EMPTY MACHINE harness plug. The payout switch (A little plastic hook) was down instead of up, preventing payouts.

So now its all fixed and running great! Although I still thinks its gonna be about impossible to ever "win" I just dont see how a ball is going to fall in the necessary 4th spot of any given payout row...

Time will tell I suppose...

Anyone else with info on this machine that would like to hit me up is encouraged to do so. maybe between the two of us we can create user guide thread or something?!
    Last edited by tripn4days; 05-11-2013 at 10:44 PM.