Thread: Backwards tilt angle...again again?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Backwards tilt angle...again again?

Hi,
    I have searched the threads for the correct mounting angle of Pachinkos.
    In this manga,
    http://www.ohirasyoukai.com/parlors/...ktooldll_3.pdf
    tools inclusive of what I understand is an alignment tool for the vertical tilt angle is "explained" at the last of the drawings.
    As my japanese language skills are non existent, I wonder what is said?

If I try to calculate, according to the drawing, a back wards tilt of 3,03 mm for the top of the pachinko machine, equals a tilt angle of 0,21 deg.

That is pretty close to vertical!, but not quite!

So, is that the answer?

Thanks,
    Henrik
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to henrikc

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Backwards tilt angle...again again?

I found that a small amount of backward tilt tends to quieten the game down a bit as the balls don't hit the glass so much. However, on games where the is a rear exit at the back of the playfield that then drops the ball into the tulip, for example Star Wars, I set mine up so that it was a case of a balance between the ball dropping out the back and falling off the front. I think it worked out at about a12mm tiltback, top to bottom.

Just my experience, of course.

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Robocourier

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by henrikc View Post
    As my japanese language skills are non existent, I wonder what is said?

If I try to calculate, according to the drawing, a back wards tilt of 3,03 mm for the top of the pachinko machine, equals a tilt angle of 0,21 deg.

That is pretty close to vertical!, but not quite!

So, is that the answer?
    No, according to the picture, a backward tilt of 3,03mm at the top makes an angle of about 0.21 deg, this is correct - but from what the dude sais in the speach bubble on the bottom right, the correct angle would be 4,5 deg normally, this makes 13,64 mm backward tilt at the top.

Btw: thanks for that info, that's quite usable to reduce the noise somewhat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Correction: not 4.5 deg, but 4.5 times 0.21 deg, of course.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by truell View Post
    No, according to the picture, a backward tilt of 3,03mm at the top makes an angle of about 0.21 deg, this is correct - but from what the dude sais in the speach bubble on the bottom right, the correct angle would be 4,5 deg normally, this makes 13,64 mm backward tilt at the top.

Btw: thanks for that info, that's quite usable to reduce the noise somewhat
    But if it's 3.03mm per .21 degrees, then 4.5 degrees would be 21.43 times 3.03, or 64.93 mm

13.64mm is 4.5 times 3.03mm, but it would only be .945 degrees.

I think

any idea what the wood (sometimes metal) spacer pieces at the bottom are for?

Correcting yourself before I get a chance to! You got a camera on me or could you hear me typing all the way over there?
    Last edited by compirate; 04-30-2009 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Searching for hidden camera

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tilt angles aren't really "right or wrong," it's just another way to influence the chance to get balls into pockets.

If your tilt angle is futher back, you'll notice that the balls will more frequently make it through the middle section and into the start pocket (whatever collection of ramps/doors/or gizmos are present below the screen is the middle section being referred to).

However, be careful with hanemono. Tilting back could very well decrease your chances to win...
    Currently Own: Nothing. I play mostly online now.

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Sederien

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Sederien View Post
    Tilt angles aren't really "right or wrong," it's just another way to influence the chance to get balls into pockets.
    Is the angle that noticeable in the parlors? Or is the aisle framework angled back to match (top or bottom of frame even with stand or sticks in or out)?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For the most part, I rarely see any modern palours mess with the angling of pachinko machines. And if they do, it's definitely not noticiable.

Rather, they can control the odds quite well with pin modification. I've gotten better at sight reading machines, but I still think the best way to read a machine is to watch it play.

You'll notice three areas where the modification is important:

1. The lead into the middle play area. This can and often is compressed to the point where balls can almost stick between the two guide pins... couple with a poorly bent deflector (hits the balls towards the opening) and you end up rarely seeing balls go in the middle.

2. The pinwheel pin. You'll note a guiding pin in the left hand side often has a pinwheel attached... this isn't just for form, the fuction is to hide the exact bend so that you can't get a very good read on whether or not balls are going to bounce towards the start pocket or away on average. This one is rarely modified as drastically as 1, but I've seen some doosies.

3. The opening to the start pocket itself. Ironically enough, except in stingy palours, this one's often the widest opening. The key is to modifiy the pins directly to the side of this opening to prevent a large number of balls from bouncing in... But it tricks the unaware player into thinking that this is a huge opening chance and palours seem to like it that way just fine.

My general target for any machine is 1 spin for every 12.5 balls. To put it another way, that's 10 spins for every 125 balls which is 500 yen at full price (or about $5).

Now think about that for a moment... $5 for 10 spins on machines that only pay out 1/300 to 1/400. They make a -lot- of money.

Anyway, back to the target... the reason for that target is that it seems to be the general average of all machines. If you get less than 10 spins for every 125 balls sent through, move to another machine.

The highest percentage I've ever played/seen in a palour was one which gave me 19 spins for every 125 balls. That one was a fantastic exception and it was an Eva Version 5... Sadly even after 200+ spins, it didn't fever. EDIT: Ni-pachi, of course. I rarely, if ever, play full price.

Soo... No is the answer to your question, compirate.
    Last edited by Sederien; 04-30-2009 at 11:02 AM.
    Currently Own: Nothing. I play mostly online now.

12. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Sederien

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would think angle is set at installation, then it's set for the life of the machine in that parlor (changing angle can be rather involved in some installations, others are just the turn of a couple of knobs).

One thing I just noticed (I have that training stand from Arby with parlor mounts), is that backwards angle seems to be very important to how the ball reacts in the 'warp' zone (that area just in front of the video/reels on a digi-pachi). The more the machine is leaning back, the longer the ball will stay on that ramp. It will roll back and forth and slow down, meaning a better chance to get it in that little ramp that leads directly to the start pocket. The more forward, the faster it falls off those ramps.

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate