Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Netflix instantly to your TV

Netflix
    instantly to
    your TV.

We have touched on this briefly in another post. Tonight after finishing a year long major home renovation, I started to reconnect some of my electronics. (More threads to fellow)

One of the things that was reconnected was my Xbox 360. This is one of several devices when hooked to the INTERNET allow you to gain access to your Netflix account. The others being the 'The Netflix Player by Roku', the 'LG BD300 Network Blu-ray Player' and the Samsung Blu-ray Player BD-P2500/BD-P2550.

http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyD...lnkctr=nrd-l-m

I have already watched a couple movies and am very pleased with the quality of the picture being streamed. This is truly the future of video. Netflix is currently offering over 12000 titles (so they say) through "Watch Instantly". As long as you have added the movie to your "Watch Instantly" queue. You can pull it up on your Device to watch on your TV.

The fellow is from the Netflix FAQ:

What does this cost?

If you are on a Netflix unlimited plan (from $8.99 a month) you can watch instantly for no additional fee.
    The price of each Netflix ready device varies and is set by the manufacturer. It's a one-time purchase. Once you buy the device, it's yours to keep.

How will my plan change?

Your plan doesn't change. The monthly price stays the same and you get the same number of DVDs as before. Watching movies & TV episodes on your TV via a Netflix ready device is included in unlimited plans (from $8.99 a month) at no additional cost.

Will I still get DVDs?

Yes. You still get DVDs by mail plus you can watch instantly as often as you want. Watching instantly doesn't affect the number of DVDs you get.

I have seen the future and it is good.

(The Samsung seems like a winner so far as Blu-ray is considered. This could be a good Christmas present.)
    Last edited by johntofva; 12-06-2008 at 01:56 AM.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

2. The following 14 users say "Thanks" to johntofva