Thread: Jackpot motor always running - Sankyo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Jackpot motor always running - Sankyo

I have a question about my latest puchase. It's a Sankyo Pochi model that I believe was made in the early 90's. Here's my questions.

1. At the bottom right side of the machine there is a drive motor that is used to 'flip' the levers for the jackpot pay out. This motor runs all the time and I'm guessing this isn't correct. Where is the sensor or switch that turns this motor on and off. Or does it run all the time? The photos attached show the full back of the machine and the motor in question.

2. At the top right of the back of the machine the jackpot hopper channels are divded into 3 tracks. The inner two tracks were working as expected. However the outer track had a plastic piece fitted and screwed into the track to prevent balls from moving down it. Could this be a 'jack pot' limiter to prevent large payouts? I've removed the fitted piece and things seem to function as the they. There is one photo below that shows the fitted piece with the screw pointing to the hole from which it was removed. Any ideas, comments or knowledge on this?

Thanks in advance to everyone's help!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rusty Key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Jackpot motor always running - Sankyo

I don't know about your pachinko.

but, my Bunny Girl pachinko has a motor that runs all the time that turns a small plastic wheel on the left side of the LCD.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

3. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have 2 machines with motors that run all the time - Bunny Girl as Luckydog mentioned and a Sankyo machine called Fever Queen. On the Fever Queen the motor turns 4 cylinders over the top of the start pocket - if you can get the balls on them, the cylinders will carry the ball to the center and drop it in the start pocket. I find the motors that run all the time on both of these machines rather irritating since they are somewhat loud.

I guess depending on which machine it is, it may be just part of the design and not a problem at all. What machine is it?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Popeye also has a motor that runs all of the time.
    There's no need to fear....
    Pachislo: Speed Racer, King Camel, Beast Sapp, Sindbad Adventure, Death Valley.Pachinko: Popeye, Fever Kagetu, Fever Circus, Spiderman Neo American: Red,White,& Blue Deluxe

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

1. That motor runs all the time. They are a little noisy, but with everything going on in a parlor, you wouldn't notice it. This kind of payout system had to be developed to keep up with the larger payouts in machines in smaller parlors with less ball handling capacity. It allows payouts to 'back up' until the system is replenished.

2. From what I gather from the Wiki page, this is an 'All 13' payout, meaning you get 13 for any pocket. The payout system of this frame is capable of much higher though. The first track (closest to you from the back) is usually the start pocket pay line, and the other two are bonus pay lines. Since this machine has only one payout, the one was blocked to limit the payout. Personally, I'd leave it in.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

7. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks compirate, spoken with conviction and answered the question perfectly!

I've got the blocker out for now as I wanted to see how the machine operates on 'full pay mode'. I may put it back if we have to constantly refill the hopper.

The machine was REALLY tight right now and there are hardly ANY pockets made. So I've done a little 'pin bending' and hopefully it will help as we are looking for a machine that is fun not frustrating. Another question:

There are three start pockets at the bottom, two with a 1 and one with a 2. I'm assuming they are different based on the time the 'wings' are open at the top. However, the wings only stay open for a REALLY REALLY short period of time with a 1 pocket hit. Is there a setting that exends the 'wing open time'?

Sorry for all the newbie questions but this my first machine that functions this way.

Thanks again for everyone's help!
    Rusty Key

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Most all Hanemono (wing type) machines operate this way. 1 wing opening for a '1' pocket and 2 for a '2' pocket. No way to increase the open time that I know of.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

10. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have the same machine and have the same question? But on my Machine in the metal box in back on the circuit board I have a ic chip that was blown apart for some reason and I need to know the part no. on the chip. It is label IC 1 and it is a 8 pin chip in the middle on the top can you help me with this part no.