Thread: Woody Woodpecker question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Woody Woodpecker question

Hello all,

today I started to set up my second new Pachinko - Woody Woodpecker from Imatrixcanada. Overall it is in a much better shape than the Magical Carpet unit (which I switched on first time today and I found that many lights dont work. So I will try to get Imatrixcanada to fix the lights).

After a quick try I have a couple of questions:

1. Where is the volume control?
    2. Which wire would I need to cut to install my own volume control?
    3. The outside glass is lose. What is the best (and easiest) way to fix it so that it does not rattle?
    4. There are a couple of lose wires in the back of the unit ( wires which are plugged in with one end, but the other end is just a wire with no plug) - what is that (see pictures).
    5. The ball feeder is a bit jamming - is it easy to take it apart? Would anyone have disassembly pictures / instructions for this model?

Thank you all for your guidance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Woody Woodpecker question

check the wires and harness going to the door. it may just be loose or not making good contact.

on Woody, the wires may just be something left over from the palours. do you mean the ball feeder in front or the back on payouts??
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    check the wires and harness going to the door. it may just be loose or not making good contact.

on Woody, the wires may just be something left over from the palours. do you mean the ball feeder in front or the back on payouts??
    Thanks for the reply.

I mean the ball feeder in front.

On a different note: I found the volume control and also the wires to install a resistor to further reduce the volume.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you can open just the glass part of the door, then look for a latch to open the lower part of the door.
    you can clean up the feed tracks easier that way.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

6. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetguy View Post
    On a different note: I found the volume control and also the wires to install a resistor to further reduce the volume.
    Are you referring to a fixed resistor or a variable resistor (pot)?
    Here's a chart I made a while back to help choose a fixed resistor:
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...3&postcount=33
    Star Wars R2D2 Vicky Chance Fever King Julie Pinball Lassen World Super Stadium Galaxy Railways Eva 4

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JohnD0406

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Woody should be fun machine! Congrats!

If wires are cut and usually "hot glued" at the loose end, they are for parlor system and not needed at home. Still, I would not take them off if they are purposed to be short circuited for example. I don't know...

If the front glass is rectangle and slide type you can put something there between but if it is hold with some locks or door type you can try to find screws to tighten or some springs. If there are none, just put something between the glass and locks...

EDIT: How the ball feeder is jamming?

Is there metal part at the shooting knob? You should touch that part/ring when shooting. My machine were acting like it should hit balls but it didn't. Some motor noise etc but not any balls to the playfield. I figured out that I should touch that ring so the machine feeds balls to the "hammer". It is some kind of security thing..

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Supersaiyan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Supersaiyan View Post
    Woody should be fun machine! Congrats!

If wires are cut and usually "hot glued" at the loose end, they are for parlor system and not needed at home. Still, I would not take them off if they are purposed to be short circuited for example. I don't know...

If the front glass is rectangle and slide type you can put something there between but if it is hold with some locks or door type you can try to find screws to tighten or some springs. If there are none, just put something between the glass and locks...

EDIT: How the ball feeder is jamming?

Is there metal part at the shooting knob? You should touch that part/ring when shooting. My machine were acting like it should hit balls but it didn't. Some motor noise etc but not any balls to the playfield. I figured out that I should touch that ring so the machine feeds balls to the "hammer". It is some kind of security thing..
    Thanks for the tips.

The wires I am mentioning are cut and not even glued - just a couple of blank (with isolation removed) wires hanging around (about 8 wires). These are all individual wires - with one end connected the other one lose (the pictures attached to my initial post hopefully give more details). I will probably remove them since they do not do anything (as far as I can judge) and as I do not want the blank part to touch something it should not.

As far as the ball feeder is concerned, it is jamming as I have balls in the top tray, but nothing gets shot into the playfield (the balls do not reach the shooting mechanism)

If I push a bit the balls around in the top tray - then the feeding starts. I will try to see tonight how to clean it.

One more question: the part that actuall shoots the ball into the playfield (looks like a spring) is a bit rusty. How do I clean that part? Or: do I have to clean it at all? (Considering that the machine is generally very clean - I was surprised to see that bit of rust)

Thank you all again...
    Last edited by Gadgetguy; 10-10-2008 at 09:18 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I will probably remove them since they do not do anything (as far as I can judge) and as I do not want the blank part to touch something it should not.
    Ok. That might be wise if there is not any insulation at the loose end.

If I push a bit the balls around in the top tray - then the feeding starts. I will try to see tonight how to clean it.
    it is probably dirt in the mechanism. The upper tray and the first mechanism takes all the dirt from balls, hands cigarettes and so on.

It can be also some loose screw or adjustment. Some mechanisms move same time with the hammer (with same motor) and there's "arm" with spring and adjustment that moves the mechanism. Some have small solenoid/magnet inside. The solenoid can be stuck because dust/dirt.

One more question: the part that actuall shoots the ball into the playfield (looks like a spring) is a bit rusty. How do I clean that part? Or: do I have to clean it at all? (Considering that the machine is generally very clean - I was surprised to see that bit of rust)
    If you have rust remover you can try to wipe the rust off or most of it. Ensure there are no oil in the end of spring if you want to prevent the rust with some product. Your balls and playfield go oily and then dirty. You also can try to find a small rubber tip or similar to the end of spring if you like.

Maybe the metal used in springs cannot be stainless steel. Sometimes there are few little metal parts that can be rusty. In summertime the humidity is terrible in Japan and other reason can be bad storing/shipping conditions.

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Supersaiyan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My spring on the shooting mechanism is just pretty much to prevent the arm from breaking anything, it doesnt physically hit the ball, something else does the arm on the back just gives the force needed to the other mech to shoot the ball, so it might not be necessary

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Please note that adjustments to the shooting mechanism should be done with the utmost care and attention to detail.. lots to go wrong if your not careful...

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update: i took the ball feeding mechanism apart ... and found a lot of hair and other stuffed jammed inside. That could very well explain the jamming. I will testdrive it tomorrow.

I am happy! It looks like I survived the first (ok - very simple) fix!

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Gadgetguy