Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: thunderbirds voltchange question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In the last seven to eight years it has went from only needing a permit for structural changes to a house. Example moving a load baring wall inside to making a window bigger and needing to support the opening for the outside. To needing a permit for new carpet! Building codes are a good thing they keep the dishonest from doing a substandard job and the inexperienced from there own and hopefully not fatal mistakes. I use the codes as a start then over do them. This costs me more money and time both to do the work and to learn from the professional how to do it right. But now it is a way to find out what you have all done to your home so the tax easer can raise you taxes and for the local gov. to get revenue from permits. I know this first hand. I needed a roof put on after a storm. the job was not done right and any body looking at he job could tell it if they bothered to look. I stayed home on the day it was to be inspected. I did not let the inspector see me. He got out of his car walk around the house looking up at the roof two story's high and got back in his car. When I complained they said it was within code and to drop it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

they don't even go out here, there was a big thing in the news about not inspecting on furnise installs, many not up to code.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: thunderbirds voltchange question

hello..living in europe/France, this important matter of 220/110 concerns me too for the Pachinko Momo Gigi i finally received

isn't there way as 777heaven does in england to his machines to put something different to power directly in 220v ?!

here the cost of stepdown converters of >500w is about 60-70$

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude
    350/110=3.18 amps. I am an electronic technician. It might work but it would be to close to it limits with power up surges. Most Pachislo dealers use 5 amps with there machines. 750 Watts would be safe and with 1500 watts which cost about $44.00 US you could power up to three machines.

300 watt is more than enough to power one machine i run one in my bus off a 300 watt inverter with plenty to spare suggest you apply an ammeter to your machine to see the current draw you might be surprised at what you find out .
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There appears to be alot of confusion about the actual draw of a pachislo machines !!!! wellheres the facts , (by the way i am an electrician by trade and a maintenance supervisor for a major passenger rail authority ) the major confusion is the current rating of your transformer .this rating is the maximum OUTPUT amperage at 24 volt the transformer can draw on the primary before literally burning up . this does not mean the machine is drawing that amount of current at 110 volts at the receptacle to understand this ill use my hanabi hyakkei as an example. at idle the hanabi uses .5 amps at the 110volt primary but since your doing a 1 to 4 conversion to 24 volt the draw on the 24 side or secondary would be 2.0 amps but when in bonus condition or full load the hanabi goes to a full .9 amps on the 110 and translates to 3.6 amps on the 24 volt side you can see now why a 3 or 4 amp trans former is just not enough especially on the older machines that actually ran their hoppers at 100 volt not 24 . in short the rating your hearing about is the OUTPUT amperage at 24volt and does NOT mean that your machine is drawing that at the receptacle its actually drawing 1/4 of that at peak condition . to show you further what i mean if you look at a typical computer power supply (500 watt now) the output amperage for the 12v winding is 18 amps and the 3.3 volt is 22 amp obviously you cant draw 22 amp from a residential living room socket (typical 15 or 20 amp breaker depending on age of home ) so RELAX its not sucking the power company dry try shutting down the toaster and electric dryer or hair dryer or anything else with a heating coil in it and you'll save money not on your pachislo !!!!! and a 300 watt 110 converter is plenty since it translates out to 2.7 amps max and your machine should draw only 1/2 that amount.
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

by the way a transformer is nothing more than a resistor and best measured in watts for current draw so heres the math :

a 5 amp transformer at 24volts is equal to 120 watts (volts x amps=watts )
    the draw on the same transformer primary is 120watts divided by 110volts which equals 1.1 amp max (watts/volts=amps) as you can see the wattage is the same on the primary as the secondary and all is in ballance in the universe ..... so ends todays class in transformer theory ......
    Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2