Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Azteca Legend error I can't clear

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by k46tank
    Also if anyone comes up with the function of the DIP switches (bar of eight little switches on the door of the machine below and to the right of the volume switch) I'll give them a dollar....maybe two!
    Function of them... dunno... that's been a question of mine too.

BUT...

What position are YOUR switches in? :?: :?: :?:

On mine, the top 7 are down (in) and bottom one is up (out).

This couldn't be the error, could it???

I don't have mine handy enough to try different combos to see if I could cause an error with them. They probably have something to do with the LCD, sound, or lights... they are on that I/O controller board!
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On mine, the top 7 are down (in) and bottom one is up (out).
    Mine are in the same position. Mark, at DGI, said that he had heard that on some machine (he couldn't remember which, but said he didn't think it was the AZTL) the DIP switches would change the menus from Japanese to English. He said he had never been able to verify that with anyone and he had never played with the positions of the switches enough to see that they changed anything.

I'm now thinking that the waiting a little while is showing you have a power supply problem
    I would agree if unplugging and "waiting a little while" did the trick...giving it a chance to cool down. But since it wont clear unless it is plugged in and turned on and "Wait a little while" I'm not so sure. I wonder if turning it on then back off before the computer can boot all the way up and load might lock it up and "waiting a little while" lets it reset itself. Now why it would take three or four hours, I don't know.
    I do know that when it goes into this error, the only LED's that will light up are the 24Volt led and one marked MOD on the main circuit board. None of the other LED's (reel spin, stop buttons, etc., or the one on the I/O board on the door) will light up. I'm sure there is a quite simple explanation for all of this, but it may take a trip to Japan to find out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just got a machine like this back...

Can't figure it out for the life of me. I'm stumped; a rarity!

Swapped out the main cpu board, so that isn't it. Replugged every cable on every board. It's probably the IO board; will try swapping that next...

It's not normal, so get the vendor to swap the unit. Or, you can wait a few days and I'll have the problem narrowed down..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just got a machine like this back...

Can't figure it out for the life of me. I'm stumped; a rarity!

Swapped out the main cpu board, so that isn't it. Replugged every cable on every board. It's probably the IO board; will try swapping that next...

It's not normal, so get the vendor to swap the unit. Or, you can wait a few days and I'll have the problem narrowed down..
    Did you try the "Wait a little while " trick? Leave it turned on and in error mode for about three or four hours. Then turn it off wait about thirty seconds and turn it back on. On mine, this cleared the error.....at least for now. The best I can figure is that the error is caused when you turn the machine off then back on too quickly. At least that is what I think happened on mine. I haven't had time to really play mine to see if the error will come back, but for the time being, it is working.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, here is the latest development. The "wait a little while" does not seem to work any more. Now no matter how long I wait, I can't get the error to clear. Looks like the evil pachislo spirits have grown stronger. Hopefully Robert, PachisloUSA, will come up with a fix. If not, I guess DGI will be getting this one back.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wouldn't screw with it any longer if I was you. Send it back, get something that is working correctly.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now if I wanted to be very very evil, I would post it as a game question and make you all wait a week for the answer. I really love this icon.

So I had already tried swapping the cpu board..

So I swapped the graphics / sound board... and cursed.

And then I swapped the monitor board and cursed some more.

And then I swapped every dang ribbon cable in the machine.

And then I did a little dance and kicked the machine. (Trust me, you don't want to see me dance. I was trying to scare the machine.) This didn't help either.

So I swapped the power supply. And the error hasn't come back since.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, that is interesting. I wonder what in the power supply could cause a communications error? I hope you have indeed solved this error problem. Keep us (me) informed if it keeps working correctly after a couple of days and several power on/off cycles. It would be much easier to get a replacement power supply sent out than a whole machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Double Challenge had a hopper error one time that ended up being the power supply. The processor might be the "brain" of systems, but the power supply is the "heart".

Check all your connections to that supply again! If you had it going away once, it could be an intermittant connection.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update:

I pulled the power supply and sent it back to DGI. Mark called today and said that he put it into one of their machines and guess what........it went into the same error. He said that he hasn't had a chance to run any tests on the power supply to see if he could figure what had gone bad but he did notice a strange vibration in it when he had it powered it up on the workbench. He is sending me a replacement power supply. Hopefully, all will be working properly when it gets here.

Thanks to PachisloUSA for pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default PWR SUPPLY

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE NOISE ACROSS A FILTER IN THE PS. OR A VOLTAGE THAT IS OUT OF TOLERANCE. PROBABLY THE +5VDC BIAS VOLTAGE? ALL CLOCKING ETC. USES THIS AS A REFERENCE FOR SWITCHING.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update:

The new power supply came in from Mark @ DGI and it is now back to working properly. A big THANK YOU to everyone here for the advice and help in translating the error codes.

LaughingJim

I want to know what those dip switches are for also...

Since they are so close tot the rom, I imagine they might also be for throwing the system into ROM DUMP/BURN mode. Allowing the chips to be reprogrammed or read for diagnostic reasons without removing them.

Then again, they could be the mystery (Turn english on) switches... Or the unwanted, (Erase ROMS now) switches...

Please enlighten me!

Funny, you see japanese descriptions followed by english answers... How odd!

(One myth about this machine... In normal mode, not the hyper mode bonus round, the wheels don't stop where they are programmed to... There is no pre-determined win for those spins. I can easily stop on the double chilli every time, just by timing with the lights. The lights shine through that symbol and can easily be timed in any of the ODDs settings. Only in the bonus round it seems to "Nudge" so it stopps faster or slower, pushing your "True" stop into one with more or less wins location.)

NOTE: since the middle reel has no double chilli symbol, I use the white "7" as my timing guide, you can see it's edge as it sticks out further from the rest.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Azteca Legend error I can't clear

Hi - new here! I just got a slot today, Azteca and this is what the screen says. I was told I just needed to reset it but nothing is working IMG_1045.jpgIMG_1046.jpg Appreciate any ideas!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Azteca Legend error I can't clear

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked_Elphaba View Post
    Hi - new here! I just got a slot today, Azteca and this is what the screen says. I was told I just needed to reset it but nothing is working IMG_1045.jpgIMG_1046.jpg Appreciate any ideas!

I have replied in your other thread

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...eca-issue.html

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

16. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3