Thread: Where to start?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Where to start?

I have been contemplating buying a pachinko for a little while and just wanted to know where to start?

Would it be better to go Vintage or modern? Where is the best place to buy (no local source I am aware of)? How addicting are they? I figured asking here would be a good start and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I think the addiction part is the main thing. I only have so much space left in my house. I have to many "collections" already taking up space. Video games fairchild channel F-Wii and almost everything in between. 80's toys G.I. Joe, He-man, Transformers, Star wars. RC cars, ect, ect. You name it I probably have one laying around somewhere (well except for a pachinko).

I look forward to all the responses and hopefully soon I'll have a new "toy" to add to the collection.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Where to start?

Wow fairchild channel F. I remember that. I liked bowling and auto racing. I learned how to shift gears playing that game. If you marked in the 10th frame of bowling there was a mumbled speech saying "go again". I played others but those are the only two I remember. I must of only been bout 10 years old.

To answer you question I would go with a modern and CF imports seems like a good place to start these days.
    Welcome to Pachitalk.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome !

Do you like :

Checkers

or

Playstation 3

That will help me with my answer to your question?

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is there some hidden link to that site? I can only find an alibaba.com buisness listing site. When I go there it talks about buying 40ft containers. That's a bit more than I was thinking about.

Yeah the fairchild is a great old system. I just don't have an older TV to hook them up to anymore. I know I can radio shack and Rf relay, but there is nothing like playing them on the old wooden 19" consoles. I'll have to hit up the Salvation army and pick up another one soon. I have so many systems packed away though it may be better to leave them. The GF gets mad when I start digging, because she knows something else will be pulled out and hooked up. The other day I found a Texas Instrument TI99/4a I had packed away. I was gonna try and hook it up and check out how good the 300 baud modem was. Unfortunately I need a TV and an old rotary phone to strap into the cradle .

Do you like :

Checkers

or

Playstation 3

That will help me with my answer to your question?
    That's the thing I love old and new. I prefer game play over graphic though if that's helpful.

I have looked at videos and seen some of the newer models and the lights and sound look crazy, but then on the other side of the coin the "skill" factor of vintage looks appealing.

I also like the simple mechanics of the vintage, But the LCD's do look nice.

I guess I am not being any help am i?
    Last edited by Tai95; 07-10-2008 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would go with a vintage machine, you can find them at swap meets, yard sales and local papers often have them advertised. You will probably need to fix it up a little but that is 1/2 the fun. They are not addicting at all. You buy one machine and play it and you are done, you feel no need to buy more machines. What happens is that your machines get lonely and they call their friends to you house to stay, sometimes you have to pay the people that neglected them a ransom so they can come to your house, but they are not addicting in any way. Ask anybody here, we all bought just one and said that was enough and then we hand to help poor defenseless machines so they didn't get abused more. And if by chance you are one of those types of people that get addicted to things easily then you can always come here for therapy.
    Jim
    Yellow Cab, Pink Panther, Thunderbirds, Star War, 4 Single Shots, 18 Vintage Machines plus 6 assorted Modern Machines and a Gauntlet Arcade Machine

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to jwegger

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh so they have the G.I. Joe syndrome then? I had a few then they needed friends. Now I have almost a complete collections of every US figure released from 1982-now. Then I found out that other countries had exclusive figure so I started tracking those down. They didn't speak English well, so i had to get them friends too.

I have been checking craigslist and the local papers with no luck. Maybe I'll have to venture out to the big flea market we have and take a look.

The vintage sound fun and looking at the simlpe mechanics of them is pretty interesting. I guess I'll see what I can find local and move on from there. I do have a couple Joe contacts from Japan maybe I'll talk with them and see if they can give me a hook up.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tai95 View Post
    I have been contemplating buying a pachinko for a little while and just wanted to know where to start?

Would it be better to go Vintage or modern? Where is the best place to buy (no local source I am aware of)? How addicting are they? I figured asking here would be a good start and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I think the addiction part is the main thing. I only have so much space left in my house. I have to many "collections" already taking up space. Video games fairchild channel F-Wii and almost everything in between. 80's toys G.I. Joe, He-man, Transformers, Star wars. RC cars, ect, ect. You name it I probably have one laying around somewhere (well except for a pachinko).

I look forward to all the responses and hopefully soon I'll have a new "toy" to add to the collection.

Welcome fellow Pack-Rat to your new home away from home !

And Soon another one going to the Dark Side
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

*ahem*

People... People...

It's not a black and white world out there! Come on out and see the many vibrant colors. (Or, if you live in London, the wonderful vistas of gray.)

It's possible to have BOTH old skill and new flash.

I remind you all of the oft forgotten Hanemono machines.

Welcome Tai95. Pick from any of these:

Diddy's Hanemono Room

...and you will find what you seek. ^^
    Currently Own: Nothing. I play mostly online now.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Sederien

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow Sederien some of those games look killer. From reading the little intro though, they seem like they may be a bit hard to find.

Do you know how often these come up for sale and a ballpark figure for price?

This one Sankyo Dinner Time is interesting. I am a chef at a local restaurant, so it's fitting.
    http://gibisans.com/Diddys/SankyoDinnertime.html

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Addendum:

Aqua Paradise, King Star, Magic Carpet (Versions 1 and 2), and New Road Construction are a few of the LCD hanemono pachinkos available.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sederien I have looked through that site and those definately look like a good mix of old and new. Although from the little information given it seems like these may be hard to track down.

Do you know how available these type of machines are and what an average price would be?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is there some hidden link to that site? I can only find an alibaba.com buisness listing site.
    Hiro's business is "CF Export", but operates out of a warehouse now. Email gameplanett@yahoo.com and ask Hiro for an inventory list.
    Star Wars R2D2 Vicky Chance Fever King Julie Pinball Lassen World Super Stadium Galaxy Railways Eva 4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmm... From my experience a quick rundown would be the following:

Can be acquired, relatively rare (~$150-250... Just not sold much):

Nishijin Red Lions
    PachiTalk Research Center - Heiwa - Big Shooter - PachiTalk

Uncommon ($200):

Kyoraku Kamen Rider
    PachiTalk Research Center - Sankyo - Aqua Paradise - PachiTalk
    PachiTalk Research Center - Sankyo - Magical Carpet - PachiTalk

Common and (relatively) easily obtainable ($100-$150):

PachiTalk Research Center - Sankyo - New Road Construction - PachiTalk
    PachiTalk Research Center - Sankyo - King Star - PachiTalk
    PachiTalk Research Center - Sankyo - Magical Carpet I - PachiTalk

Prices don't include shipping. Assumes you use eBay or other available methods. Suggested is to request a sale from members here, go through CF Export (above), buy local, or AT LAST RESORT (with a few exceptions) eBay.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

JohnD thank you for the email address.

Sederien
    Is this a Hanemono machine?
    http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v62234933

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's a little know fact that the real reason COBRA is always trying to get the Joe team out of the way is beacuse the rec rooms of the USS Flag and Joe HQ are well stocked with pachinko machines, and since COBRA Commander is a hardcore pachinko player he wants all those machines for himself. In fact I'm sure that as soon as you get a machine then your Joes will be up all night playing.
    Jim
    Yellow Cab, Pink Panther, Thunderbirds, Star War, 4 Single Shots, 18 Vintage Machines plus 6 assorted Modern Machines and a Gauntlet Arcade Machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jwegger View Post
    It's a little know fact that the real reason COBRA is always trying to get the Joe team out of the way is beacuse the rec rooms of the USS Flag and Joe HQ are well stocked with pachinko machines, and since COBRA Commander is a hardcore pachinko player he wants all those machines for himself. In fact I'm sure that as soon as you get a machine then your Joes will be up all night playing.

I'll have to go and check my flagg to see if the pachinko room is intact or if I have to search that part out on ebay.

I try and keep all my joes sealed in their orignal plastic coffins so hopefully once I get a few machine I won't be kept up at night with them playing.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I started out wanting a vintage and received a modern pachinko for Christmas. That started me on my own addiction to acquiring more pachinkos and pachislos and then later the business.

I still want a vintage, but don't have room for one at the moment. I'll get one at some point for the nostalgia (had one as a kid in Japan). I'll probably pick one up on Ebay in the future. Sometimes you can find lots of nice looking vintage and some modern ones on Ebay.
    Machines I own: ...see my profile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sales@bluehotaru.com is great to do business with. Rita has some nice inventor.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to charliegirl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

JohnD thank you for the email address.

Sederien
    Is this a Hanemono machine?
    http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v62234933
    Yes.

That's Ultra Seven (first version). I haven't played it before, but I would assume it's much like my Kamen Rider in that the wheels spin and the figure's stomach probably opens and closes.

Just note that (as I am about to have one shipped...) shipping from Japan is very expensive for full machines. I'm expecting up to $450 just to ship my $67 Dawn of the Fantasy. That's just under 7x the price of the machine itself.

There's no discounted shipping on them, either due to size. (By which I mean SEA or SAL).