Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sinbad Adventure HE error

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sinbad Adventure HE error

hi there,
    I was testing a Sinbad Adventure machine yesterday evening and just installed a new toroidal in it , the machine played fine untill I won some credits (above 50) so it tried to pay out , then there was the HE failure anyway could this been caused by a toroidal who isn`t strong enough (120 VA)or does someone else got a clue what to do ?.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Dragonfly

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sinbad Adventure HE error

remove and clean the hopper. chances are you have a bad coin or dirt in the hopper, also check the coin out sensor on the bottom of it as it can get dirty and fail to read the tokens as they leave the hopper.

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by birdbrain View Post
    remove and clean the hopper. chances are you have a bad coin or dirt in the hopper, also check the coin out sensor on the bottom of it as it can get dirty and fail to read the tokens as they leave the hopper.

Hello Birdbrain,
    I disconnected the whole hopper and give it a good clean, place it back but still the same HE problem as soon as I insert some tokens and push the little red button on the left it keeps on repeating with sound and then there is that hopper HE error again on the screen any other ideas how to solve this problem ? .

Thanks in advance.

Regards Dragonfly

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just one quick question Dragonfly, does the coin catch spin freely in the hopper?
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does the hopper have plenty of tokens in it?
    Did you hit the reset button on the power supply?
    Star Wars R2D2 Vicky Chance Fever King Julie Pinball Lassen World Super Stadium Galaxy Railways Eva 4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you were in the US I would just ship you the one out of the sinbad adventure I just got from Birdbrain and repair yours. Check carefully the power connections from the interface (the blue plug at the back of the hopper) and also trace the wires back to the power supply to make sure they are good and making a proper connection. Then as suggested empty the tokens and spin the token carrige by hand to make sure it moves freely. If none of this works we can keep the thread opened and I will do a dissassembly of the parts and post it for you.
    A token for your thoughts???

TEQ. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/group.php?groupid=3

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to teqkng

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by johntofva View Post
    Just one quick question Dragonfly, does the coin catch spin freely in the hopper?
    Yes the catch spin does spin freely in the hopper, I put everything apart and cleaned it so the hopper must be ok, I got a strong believe that there
    is really a problem with this machine

Regards Dragonfly

Yes the hopper has more then enough tokens in it to pay out..
    There is no reset button on the powesupply only a on off switch ..
    There is a small black push button on the backside of the door and if I push it I hear the same pay out sound (like when you win 10 credits) and then it gives the HE error

Regards Dragonfly
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 07-13-2008 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by teqkng View Post
    If you were in the US I would just ship you the one out of the sinbad adventure I just got from Birdbrain and repair yours. Check carefully the power connections from the interface (the blue plug at the back of the hopper) and also trace the wires back to the power supply to make sure they are good and making a proper connection. Then as suggested empty the tokens and spin the token carrige by hand to make sure it moves freely. If none of this works we can keep the thread opened and I will do a dissassembly of the parts and post it for you.

Hello teqkng
    I did everything you described above but still no luck measured all wires twice but could not discover any fault, I took some pictures from the error, maybe Compirate can translate them ?.

Yes a pitty that I don`t live in the States otherwise I could check your hopper if that one is ok so I would know that my hopper is faulty ..

Thanks for your help.

Regards Dragonfly
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One other thought...After you cleaned the Hopper, and reinstalled it, Did you do a complete reset to the machine? Maybe it is still remembering the previous Hopper error and won't go beyond it until a reset is done. Here's Hoping!
    Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Next is to inspect the blue plug the hopper goes into, make sure the contacts on both sides are unbent and clean. just to double check, does the hopper motor spin under ANY normal conditions? if it does, the next step is to manually test the coin ejection sensor to make sure it is operating and clear. After that we need to open the power supply.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

did this occur during a pay out or just on its own ? if during a payout was the hopper spitting out coins at the time or just sitting there ? was it paying correctly prior to the problem ? remove the hopper then do a full reset the machine should work with the hopper out till it has to pay out . Do the reel stop buttons work if they don't check the fuse on the reel stop board its probably blown (this will also stop the hopper from working) reconnect the hopper and try it again if the hopper causes an error immediately then it sounds like you have either a coin stuck in the shoot or a dirty or defective sensor .the machine is detecting a token ejecting when it shouldn't be . clean the shoot and the sensor and manually turn the wheel in the hopper and make sure it spits out a token freely then plug it in and try it again.i doubt the problem is caused by the new transformer or the lights would have dimmed on the machine and the transformer would have heated up and opened if it had a proper overload on it .sounds more like a token jammed the hopper and it blew a fuse to me . .
    Last edited by alstonj1; 07-13-2008 at 12:27 PM.
    Jeff

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was thinking along the same lines, it is rare but the hopper interface plug that eleco uses is VERY reliable, but I have come across one or two that had dirty or corroded fingers. it causes the same issues as everything we have been talking about. The Eleco units sometimes also have a fuse internal to the power supply that covers the hopper motor that is the next area I was going to cover.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i caused this problem when i installed a switch in my hanabi hyakki to spit tokens into the tray instead of having to open the door to get tokens . the elcos of this type monitor the output of the hopper even when not paying out unlike alot of pachislo if the machine senses a token being ejected when it shouldn't be it gives a he error .you may still be right about the internal fuse the question is does the hopper move during this time and spit out tokens if so the fuse is good .
    Last edited by alstonj1; 07-13-2008 at 12:53 PM.
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1 View Post
    i caused this problem when i installed a switch in my hanabi hyakki to spit tokens into the tray instead of having to open the door to get tokens . the elcos of this type monitor the output of the hopper even when not paying out unlike alot of pachislo if the machine senses a token being ejected when it shouldn't be it gives a he error .you may still be right about the internal fuse the question is does the hopper move during this time and spit out tokens if so the fuse is good .
    I didn`t checked the fuse inside the powersupply so wil do that tomorrow,
    Thanks for the great tip

Ok I start from the begining : I made the Sindbad 220 volts ready with a toroidal (160 VA ) I started the machine and everything was ok and I enjoyed the machine , after some small prices I inserted lot`s of tokens and my credit was standing on 45, after some spins the credit was over 50 and as everybody knows It will pay out, wel not this one anyway I thought it would be a easy fix, I disconnect the whole hopper and give it a good clean ... no luck still the same error , so I thought I check the whole loom and every pin that belong to the hopper ... all wires were ok, this machine is driving me crazy now whenever I want to give it a test I insert a few tokens and press the red button on the front left of the machine, a soon as I press the red button the sound for credit can be heard and it makes the usual repeating sound and then it jumps into HE error.

Maybe other members recognize this error ?.

Will let you know if the fuse was broken.

Regards Dragonfly

Thanks
    Thanks Received

did you remove the hopper and do a full reset (turn the key as though you were changing the odds then hold down the spin knob and turn the key back ) the machine should be ready to run and try it with out the hopper .
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1 View Post
    did you remove the hopper and do a full reset (turn the key as though you were changing the odds then hold down the spin knob and turn the key back ) the machine should be ready to run and try it with out the hopper .

No so far I didn`t do that but will sure do it tomorrow.
    I never tried this because I always thought that it has no use to do so but
    every idea is welcome and thanks a lot for your great help

Keep you informed

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Keep us up to date I am bringing my Sinbad Adventure to the office tomorrow and I will be able to disassemble things to try and duplicate your issues.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

when he presses the red button that empties the credits by dumping the hopper. is this normal to get an error? it sounds like a token sensor problem to me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think so to, I am going to rip apart the coin hopper to locate it Pat, I am in the office today all day If you want to shoot over its a good day.

DragonFly, this should be simple. I will take pictures as I go and post them so you have some sort of a disassembly diagram. By the way, most Eleco hoppers should work even if they have a differrrent configuration. as long as they fit they should actuate properly do you have another eleco?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by teqkng View Post
    I think so to, I am going to rip apart the coin hopper to locate it Pat, I am in the office today all day If you want to shoot over its a good day.

DragonFly, this should be simple. I will take pictures as I go and post them so you have some sort of a disassembly diagram. By the way, most Eleco hoppers should work even if they have a differrrent configuration. as long as they fit they should actuate properly do you have another eleco?

Hello Teqkng,
    Thanks for your help.
    Today I checked the powersupply and tested all the fuses all were ok (sadly ), I also did a reset without the hopper, still the same problem, so I got no clue what to do anymore I only got one Eleco machine ...

Waiting for your reply.

Regards Dragonfly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast