Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: what not to wish for

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: what not to wish for

Today is a good day, I had gotten all the paint scrapped off the brick wall inside and I have decided to paint it an off white color. I am going to use KILZ primer to fully seal the walls and the off white will look better than the sick Pea green it is now.

Everything is drying out well with three large Dehumidifiers going 24/7 (Can’t wait to see my light bill.).

I have used Gallons of bleach to spray down the walls and Studs, “ell everywhere to kill the dread “Black Mold”.

People all over the town, have had these companies come in and blast the walls with soda or peroxide washes. And the kicker is they won’t guarantee that the “Black Mold” is gone and won’t come back and for this they charge $10,000s of dollars.

A rip off I think.

FEMAs said to use Bleach at a mix rate of 1 1/2 cups of bleach to one gallon of water. I have learned to love the smell of bleach, I mix at a rate of 3 cups per gallon of water and I add a pinch of salt for good measure.

Ok, ok, many of you ask me in emails about it.

The Amish fire proof vault.
    I always wonder what happened to their money if they had a house fire ?

Well I walked up to an older Amish man and asked him the question, I said, “I know that the Amish only use cash for everything, no checks or Credit Cards. And ever since I was a young lad I have wondered, because I don’t think you would always carry all your money in your pocket!”

He looked me up and down and took ahold of my arm and walked me to the side of the room.

He said, “They use an Amish fire proof vaults to protect their money.”

bushelnat.jpg

I saw he was not funning me about my question, so I asked, “What is a Amish fire proof vault ?”

He went on, and said, “It is a bushel basket, you start with 4 inches full of packed dirt in the bottom. Than put in one all glass pint jar with the cash you wish to save, in the center of the basket. And fill it the rest of the way up and the side too with dirt. Pack the dirt real tight and when you are done you got a Amish fire proof vault.”
    He said, “When you see a fire at an Amish farm, you see a lot of people carry bushel baskets of dirt out of the basements after the fire is put out.”

I said, “Don’t you worry about someone walking and stealing the money ?”

He said “No, for there are a lot of bushel baskets of dirt in an Amish farm’s basement to go thought and we pack our dynamite the same way.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

2. The following 37 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well today started out a cat and dog rain day.
    But it got better . . . .

We sold the buildings to a shaker and mover in that area of town. Barron Von stark is his name, I wished him luck.
    He wanted my buildings for years, he wanted them so bad, he could taste it.
    I got 70% of before flood cost, which I be happy with.
    He gets to do the boiler and all the electrical and the water heaters and all the plumbing redo after the new floors in the lab area is done.
    I bought the buildings in 1992 for $48.000. I had a new roof put on them and new double glass windows and Electrical brought up to code. Also the brick re-tuck pointer.

I got $105,000 for it, the Motel now is our step to.
    I hope to get it around $120,000 - and upgrading will cost around $20,000 more to set up the Tattoo shop there.

It feels like I completed a quest, but it is only the start, now the work to set up and get back to normal life of sleeping in a real bed not the floor.

Than we got home and it was not a good day there, We got home at about 6 pm and Sherri asked her Mom if they had supper yet ?
    She said yes they did, a small one. So Sherri only fixed something for her and me.

He dad after we start eatting stands up and say, "aren't you going to wait for us ?"

Sherri said Dad I asked Mom if you had eaten, She said Yes. I will fix you two something to eat.

He said NO, we will go out to eat, her Mom said but we ate, he said no that was lunch.
    They went to Mac Dons for the dollar menu.

They got back and her Mon wanted to know what was for supper ? She was hungry.
    So life go on up and down.

So her Dad

4. The following 41 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, the news is good my friends!
    Sunday morning went and looked at the motel, this is a picture of one side of it there are two more units on the other side and the office.

getbin.jpg getbin-1.jpg

The couple that have it, have had it listed for about four years now and it is in tired shape. Not broken down, just not maintained over the years. One unit has been gutted and not put back into services. By the looks in the unit, it has been that way for a long while.
    I talked to my Maintenance Man (I have in River city) and told him I will have a three months stay for him to bring the whole thing back into a good state and get the shop ready to run.

I looked the place over well, and found that it needs a new 
Hot water heater, it is leaking bad. I think they are waiting for it to quite before they replace it. It smelled real musty in the basement I found she had a Pachislo machine.
    We talked about the slot machine and she said she had a Wild cherry in their home in Des Moines Iowa. (they really want to sell, Me thinks, for they have to home going on.)
    I didn’t have the heart to tell her all the slots I lost that june day. I smiled and said “Cool” machine.

Sherri wants to paint the whole lot of it a School bus yellow and trim it in reddish brown. It will really stand out than. And on the inside all the walls are so dark, the whole place in side needs a great job of paint.

The roof looks to be good for 5+ years more, till it should be re-shingled. It looks like a tear up and redo from roof board would be best than, I counted two layers now.
    The motel light sign needs to be repaired and new lights added.
    Of the 12 units one is out of use, 4 are being rented by the week and 3 are being rented by the month. That leaves 3 unit to rent by the day.

Why they ever got into the motel business, I don’t know, for it is not a gold mine and there is a lot of maintenance to stay ahead of.

I looked at their books and it grosses $40,000+ a year and over head runs about $1,000 a month plus $2,310 for taxes.
    So I see a nice net in the $22,000 range and we live there too! The tattoo shop’s over head will be covered also but that will take two units of of service. So it will have only 10 units to rent out after the one repaired and the tattoo shop is set up.

This I think is made for us.

The home front during the day, is great and Ma-I-L and Pa-I-L are in fine order. They are in their good days or they are in-tune with us and our good days.
    The sad note is Ma-I-L changes her actions after the sun go down, it is called “Sun-downer”. She become picky and snippy with everyone and she is hyper drive.
    I smile and tell her I love a lot and with out her there would be no Sherri for me.

6. The following 38 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well friends not anything to report about the motel. We are waiting for the electrical contractor to report the cost of the state required upgrade to the state electrical code as of 2008. Now the state is getting into the action on permits and inspection. No more is it just the city and county to contend with, you got the state too!

My mother-I-L now does something I never thought she would do, She is lying about things she forgets to do. Like the news paper is delivered in the afternoon and she always goes out to get it, today she didn’t and said it is not there (it was in the news paper box). Also on other stuff too, I know it is a defense mechanism to compensate for the lost of what is happening around her. I just did not think I would ever see this.
    Losing one’s short term memory, we joke about it. Like I will be able to buy my own presents at Christmas and hide my own easter eggs. It not only is that, but it is also a large bewilderment of what is happening in her life. I think she realizes that something is not right with her head. She goes outside and walks around the yard watering her flower. Her eyes are dull in talking to her at night and stay that way till morning. At the breakfast table, if you get her talking about something that happened 10 or 15 back, she sharp-ends right up and her eyes glow with life.
    Other than that she will sit quietly in her chair in the front room watching the shadows cross the wall of her mind.
    I now know I will not joke about it ever again. I think I would rather loss my legs than my mind.

Back on the motel. . . . .

Jesup Motel
    531 South
    Jesup, Iowa 50648
    County: Buchanan
    Building Size: 4,408 SF
    Year Built: 1959

Property Description:
    Twelve unit motel and two story residence located one mile from the freeway (really two miles) and 20 minutes from Waterloo/Cedar Falls (true).
    Residence features 3 bedrooms and 1 1/2 baths, dine-in kitchen, appliances, and full basement.

Motel features nine single and three double rooms, one unit has kitchen and dinette.
    Only motel in the community, excellent residence and business opportunity for owner, manager.

Picture 2.jpg

BLDG 1: TWO UNITS
    BLDG 2: EIGHT UNITS
    ADDN 1: TWO UNITS
    MAIN : 4,408 SF

Picture 7.jpg

Picture 5.jpg

Picture 6.jpg

Picture 8.jpg

8. The following 45 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well in doing a detailed search of this motel property, I found a error on the land size.
    it is a combination of two lots, One is 132 deep and 144 frontage and the second one is 138 deep and 132 frontage. This is what it is on the Jesup city plate map.
    The Buchanan County Assessor listing shows the two lots, but as - One is 132 deep and 144 frontage and the second one is 138 deep and 82 frontage.
    A loss of 50 feet compared to the plate map.
    I got the realtor working on it to find out who is right.
    So we still set and waiting and on my electrical contractor has not gotten back to me either.
    I don’t like this cool down of waiting on them all.
    We are going to have Allied Movers do the move out at the River City and store everything till we get a place to deliver it to. Their cost is a base $4 per one hundred pounds and a pick up charge, and storage charge. So it is not to bad around $3,000.00 for everything if the Lord is willing and the creek don’t rise.

My mother-I-L is still hiding things, we don’t know where she is hiding the T.P. though. We are going thorough 6 or 7 rolls a day here and I don’t use the toilet, I use the one at the gas station. I should have a key of my own. When they were gone for a while Sherri went looking and found all kinds of hidden stuff. Like 14 bags of M &Ms (this are the large bags), some dead bananas, two bags of apples all shriveled up.
    Walking around with her and we were in the basement and I found they have a second toilet in the basement. It is tucked away in it’s own room in the dark side of the basement. And Guess what is in there ? next to it is a wall of T.P. 24 across and 18 high, and she is starting on the other wall lining them up. Here I drive 12 blocks away to use the rest room, when I could have slipped down stairs.

Oh something kind of funny in a sick way.
    The guy that bought my buildings has a crew of spanish speaking labors, very hard workers. While he was gone Saturday. They torn up all the 12 inch square tile on the first floor (It cost me $5 grand to have it tiled some years back), boy he was pissed . . . . .
    And they broken a pipe in the pachinko building and flooded the basement of his building next door. They have a common wall and the pipe runs up it, nearly two foot of water in there. So he had to start the drying of that building all over again.

There problem is a failure to communicate . . . . . . . he hired them at 1/3 the cost of a real employee and they live in a trailer out back of his building.

The Avenue Rumor Mill
    The rumor was on the avenue that I was going to sell to a black in/out call services, “Auntie Bev’s Black Pearls For Men of Leisure”. I wonder who could have started that ?

10. The following 37 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It looks that the people with the motel want to much for it for the condition it is in.
    So we go to plan B.

Plan B is a 10 room motel by Farmersburg in the eastern part of the state
    http://remax.catylist.com/jsp/listin...?ID=55_1779159

This one is in better shape as said on the phone, we will go look at it Saturday morning.
    It was a 16 room, but the family are using them for themselves.

ON A HILL NO flooding and It is 10 miles form Praire du chein, Wisconsin, on highway 52.
    It is the Manor Inn Motel
    18833 Highway 52
    Farmersburg, IA 52047
    563-964-2625

The family only have it open in the summer and fall, and they grossed $40 grand a year on 8 month business.
    Her husband was hurt bad in a car accident and she wishes not to run it.

It puts us farther away from Jesup, but thats life, to say.

And I will have my own bathroom Sherri has promised me!!

12. The following 37 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well all has changed in the last hour.

My agent told the motel people that we now had our sites on the one above. So they regrouped and accepted our offer.
    We are now proud owners of a 12 unit Motel in Jesup Iowa. Which needs a lot of work.
    Well, we go forth now, we are not Gypsies anymore.

My mother-I-L is not understanding what is taking place. We explained it and again.
    It will work out.

14. The following 44 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We are in our 30 day count down, till we take possession of the motel. Friday we sat 3 hours in a bank waiting for the bank draft for the czech village buildings. The guy buying the buildings, his bank was not liking the way we handled the sale. It cut them out of making a $300 fee.
    I still had to pay for the revenue stamps to the county, $1.60 per $1,000. Cheeky bast-ards.

This waiting will be the hardest, all
    I can do is start cleaning shop items I kept and hope they will still work right.

motel2.jpg

16. The following 36 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This waiting is pure 'ell.

The Mother-I-L thinks we are going to leav e forever and not come back.
    We took her to see the motel and said we are jusat 9 blocks away.
    No dice, she is on a crying jag today.
    She doesn't know why we left Czech Village and are starting all over.
    All you can do is love them harder.

18. The following 33 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

20 day count down, till we take possession of the motel.

Well I didn’t like the two scraggily pine trees in the front, so today I had them removed. I didn’t ask, I just did, It will be easier to ask for forgiveness than to have asked for permission first. The Tree guy called and said if he could do it this afternoon, he would only charge half the price for the job.
    I didn’t suck any eggs on that one (small town saying). Hers is the new look and old one. There is still a lot of weeds and bushes to remove too.
    And Sherri has a surprise that is going in the pool. More on this in the coming days.

Old look
    Old_building.jpg

New look
    new_building.jpg

20. The following 36 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We get ownership on the 22 this month at 2:00pm.

the Tattoo shop looks to be open in early January. Need to order all new equipment.
    All the work we got to do around there will keep us busy for two months strong. Getting the plumbing fixed and all the crap they let run down over the years.

It has been a long road to tow here, but we are making it, this is my last move, I pray.

Put coins on my eyes, I can't see anymore.

This morning at about 3:14 am

I almost walked into the bathroom with my 96 year old mother in law in there setting on the stool. I buried my face in the wall, but the fleeting image is burned into my mind.

We NEED OUR own place, badly.
    She at least remembers it, as we meet in the hallway this morning.

I now have to wake up Sherri to check to see if she left the door open again.

22. The following 38 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don’t know how life can be any more exciting than this. We are going to have at the motel in the first three days:

Plumber (new water heater and new water softener and maybe a new furnace for two end units. A nice chunk of money).

Telephone service (installing two new phone lines and Business DSL wireless, not to badly priced for a small town).

Water department (a new meter, so we know it works fine and all the water loss is in our pipes and faucets and stools). More on this later.

Midamerican will be out for Gas & electric.

Electrician to increase the line service, for the motel is way under services, things will dim.

The street sign company to repair the “Jesup MOTEL” sign.

The rock quarry truck that will bring and drop 15 tons of drive way rock and spread it out too!

My repair man to get the cement pond ready for the Dragon, with a back hoe dig out the dirt and trash (it was used as a trash pit.), spread new rock to fill it up and rip out all the weeds too. than he will replace all the rubber washers in all the sinks and the guts in all the stools also, 16 sets to service.

Sherri and Me will be painting 8 rooms and a hall way in the house.

The carpet cleaning service comes in to clean all carpets on the fifth day.

and on the tenth day the moving company will bring our crap from Ceddy Rapids.

On the 11th day The cement three piece sculpture of the dragon will be brought here and set up.

Ok the water, they have been using over 125,000 to 140,000 gallons of water each month for the past four years. Not by usage, no, by leaks. the water here is heavy with lime and other crap and if you don’t have it soften, it coats everything with a lime film. So most of the stools leak and most of the faucets leak. I hope no pipes are cracked.
    I am surprised the water company didn’t say whoa, you are wasting a lot of water there. Fix it or we will shut you down.
    She was getting taken by her insurance agent, he was charging her $2,300.00 a year for insurance. I got insurance that is three times what she had for only $1,000.00 and a boiler rider for $100.00. Mine is a real time replacement cost, not just my cost, but to replace it.

On the home front, I CAN’T WAIT TO GET IN OUR OWN HOME!!!
    Mother-I-L this morning chewed me out for not raking all the leaves up in the yard. I was told to go to my room and not come out today at all. She said if I come out, Vern (Father-I-L) would have to take a switch to me.
    5 min.'s later she forgot it and asked how good I slept last night. Everyday they drive to the small food store here in town. Father-I-L gives her $10 to get their food. (We have been buying all the food since we been living here, the state gives us $400.00 of food stamps each month, because of the flood and no income. It is very strange using the food credit card, can’t wait to send it back to them and say thanks, but no thank you!! )
    Well we got around 15 dozen eggs here in all the ice boxes (refrigerators, they have three). So we going to be eating a lot of eggs in the coming days.

Their water here is not softened at all, so I got them a Brita filter pitcher.
    My Father-I-L said you can’t drink soft water it has salt in it. Not so any more it is all done by computer and is safe to drink, but what do I know, I forgot to rake the leaves. Oh the leaves with the wind we been having are all blown across the street in the corn field, have been for days now.

Bathing is also a problem we are confronting here. It seems you don’t need to bath, but once a month, Sherri is trying to reason with her. Father-I-L I guess can’t smell anything any more.

We have good days and a lot of bad days lately. Mother-I-L is right now outside digging up amaryllis

bulbs, the problem is, there has not been any planted there for 10 years Sherri said. Mother-I-L did find a lead soldier and a horse shoe nail.

Mother-I-L told us at lunch that even though we got the motel, we still had to be in before 9 p.m. (they go to bed at 7:45 p.m.) or we would be grounded for a month.

I don’t think I am Greg to her anymore, I think I am Sherri’s brother in her mind, Sherri is her sister Marlis. Sherri said been calling her Marlis lately. And talking to her about can’t wait to have sex the first time. I told Sherri if we start hearing things from their bedroom at night, I am going to move out to the van to sleep.

I pray a lot for her. . . .

24. The following 40 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello all,

Life has been running full gear since we got the Motel.
    That night we got in. We needed the plumber to come over and Roto-Root out sewer line, the basement was backed up with the same stuff that we were flooded with S E W A G E. It has been there backing up for the last few days.

But now it is a full 12 hour day getting the painting and the units repaired to rent out. I had my first run in with the old man in unit #17, he has been there since 2004 renting a motel room.
    He came into the office and informed me he paid $400 a month and at the end of the month.
    I said ok . . .
    The next morning after I found out the law and other tid bits, I called him on the house phone and informed him. The motel rent for him will be raised to $540 a month and will be paid on the first of the month. If he doesn’t like it MOVE. He folded like a cheap lawn chair. Where else can you get, Maid services, heat, water, lights, for that sum. Home with MOM, I guess.
    I shut off the cable service for one day, the five other renters (By the week, construction guys) said no cable, they would have to move.
    I said, I too have worked out of town before and the per diem for that was quite good, so I know at the rent they were paying for weekly rent, they were making money.
    So I said I will increase the rent level to $155 a week and get the cable turned back on. The reason I had it turned off was, the cable company was charging to much to the motel, I called their bluff, and my rate was lowered down to $104 a month for 80 some channels.
    We had the plumber come in and replace the leaking water heater with a state of the art Boiler water system and had a full system water softener, this is a nice system all computerized and all I do is drink the water and smile. It is F M, way above me. Now they are working on the furnace for two of the units. This is kind of funny, 8 units are boiler heat, two are furnace and two are base board electric heat.

Got 30 ton of crushed rock dropped in the parking lot, 15 is for the top 6 inches of the oval swimming pool, it will become a rock garden. The rest is for the parking lot, it like a ride at 6 flags over Texas.
    Replaced two sinks already, and one shower. Throwed away two beds, one had a dirty diaper between it and the box springs, been there for a long while. the other had mice condo in it.
    We have painted all the down stairs rooms, and papered the kitchen. Up stairs rooms, four of them, two are done and one trimmed out and the bathroom is read to be gutted out.

I believe, I was being readied for this with the flooded shop to clean, this is not bad as that was, and we made it through it. I have lost weight and my breathing percent has increased to 35. Maybe an old farth can grow new lung air exchange pods (for lack of the real name for them).
    The dragon come in on sat. the 1st, so we need the pool ready. the guy with the bob cat will be in tomorrow to do his thing and get it ready.

I even been state inspected already for my motel license. I passed, she was here for 5 minutes.

Had Service Master come in and do the carpets, two of the upstair rooms she had children in and they rubbed their pooh into the carpets. They were wearing dirty diapers every time we did a walk through.
    For the weekly guys, the rooms now are cleaned and beds made with laundered sheets twice a week!!, and clean towels are twice a week. Nightly renters, every thing is changed and com soap and mouth wash and a chocolate on the pillow.

We got a lot done for one week. Week two will be a busy one too!

Nice thing about working so long, is I don’t have to watch how bad my mother-I-L is getting. She is starting to get really mean spirited. I think it is a defense mechanism on her part. She has forgot even the foods she likes and dislikes. She said she has never drank whole milk, only 2%. She grew up on the farm.
    My Father-I-L is denial as to how bad she is, he sleeps after lunch and she goes out to water her flowers, that she does not like, she said. I am afraid she will walk off in the cold weather coming.
    Please add both to your prayers please.

26. The following 42 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

These are before pictures of the motel and how we got it on Wednesday afternoon 10-22-08.

http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0566.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0567.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0568.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0569.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0571.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0572.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0573.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0574.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0575.JPG

After ten days of our owning it, 11-1-08. The garbage service hauled away 3.11 tons of trash. These are after pictures, we still got some little stuff to do before our stuff is delivered by Allied Van lines on Monday morning.

http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0601.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0602.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0603.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0604.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0605.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0606.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0607.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0608.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0609.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0610.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0611.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0612.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0613.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0614.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0615.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0616.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0617.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0618.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0619.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0620.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0621.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0622.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0623.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0624.JPG

Well today we have put Jesup back on the Map! After years of speculation and a few rare sightings of the Jesup Dragon, you may have thought it was just wind ripples on the quarry water, not so.
    We have CAPTURED the Jesup Dragon. We put him in our Stone deep water pool and feed him sour-puss people, "for they are crunchy and taste good with ketchup".
    We are sure many will come from far and wide to see the Jesup Dragon, even politicians will come to kiss the dragon for a photo opp.

http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0596.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0597.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0598.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0599.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0600.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0625.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0626.JPG
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0627.JPG

28. The following 33 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

all lincs are working now

30. The following 27 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

tomorrow is the day that the moving co. brings our stuff, 150 large plastic totes plus a lot of furniture. Everything from 10 large room apartment.
    And the house is only 8 rooms, but a full basement.

I hope to be having next year a lot of cr~ap sales. My wife has enough candles to light up the whole town!

32. The following 32 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: what not to wish for

Here are pictures of the Allied crew unpacking of stuff getting it ready to bring inside the main house. All our furniture and 150+ totes. I used totes instead of cardboard boxes. They were on sale at Wally's world for $4.00 each and card board boxes were running $3.72 apiece. The totes hold more stuff and it came with a lid that snaps on. No tape needed.
    I highly requimend Allied movers to anyone, fair priceing and they take great care in moving my stuff and Sherri's Cråp.

http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0628.JPG

http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0629.JPG

http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0630.JPG

http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0631.JPG

http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...s/DSCN0632.JPG

34. The following 34 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well lifes been busy like a one leg man in a butt kicking contest.
    We brought two more units on line to rent and one rented the first day it was ready. The second one is a two bed unit.

We are working on a unit with an attched kitchen-net. This unit had a family of five living in. Parents and three kids (two boys aqnd a girl) and a dog. They lived their for over two years and paid $650.00 a month.
    Which is alot till you figure that is their only cost. The lights, heat, water and cable are encluded and their house cleaning and laundry service for all but their personal clothes.

The walls are a brown that is sick looking, like a poop brown. I got to repaint it after Christmas rush. A soft peach color and it should be alot brighter than.
    I think the capit is a cream color, or I hope it is cream color and not a white!!

I am stay true to my pledge of at least 5 totes unpacked a day. I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel, I hope it is not a train on a fast track.

At the home front (we are still staying at the parent-I-Ls, why I ask that question too!) My mother-I-L got at 2 am and started to make breakfast. She said it was time to get up sleepy heads. She was eatting her rice crispy with 6 rounded teaspoons of sugar (What a sugar rush!).

Sherri told her mom it was 2 am and she should go back to bed before she wakes vern (Sherri's dad). With out his hearing aids in he can't even hear lightin outside much less the trains that go by, three to four a night. we are about 80 yards from a thru track.

The latest thing going is Vern (Sherri's dad) won't let Emy (Sherri's mom) read any of the paper till he is all done reading it. She will hide parts of the paper and not give them to him.

Sherri said to me just now, that this week we will be sleeping in pur own bed. I said that or the unit with two beds is fine with me.

Youngjedi been showing me pictures of the old mills slot machines he pick up after the flood, he sure has made them a sight for sore eyes. I can't wait to fondle them!!!

The motel made the local paper. Our Dragon is a big hit!! The local officer might have to direct traffic around it.

I can't wait till we get ride of the blue tarp covering the two stall garage. My guy that is rebuilding all the rooms will build a front to it and put in a garage over head door in. I said thaqt door will be white or yellow, any color but blue.

In all my wildest dreams, I never thought I would be running a motel and 60ty is looking me stright in the eyes too. I feel younger that a year ago, so I think God has something large for me to do ?

. . . . .

Oh one last little "what the 'ell" tonight. Unit #23, it is #23 because the phone system can't see #11. So the number go from #12 to #23. Anyway the guy in #23 call tonight (he has been in there for the last 7 months renting by the week) to say there is a problem with his shower, the floor dropped down two inches when he was showering tonight. So it is rebuild shower from the floor joists up the next three days.

There goes the two bed unit till his shower is done.

36. The following 35 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well this will be short, for I am hiding in unhit #15. I call it the cave for it is all torn up and will take a major overhual to bring it on line. The bathrooom floor has to be replaced and the sub floor too.
    So It is used to hold all the cra~p that would be in the car port, but it is filled with house cra~p.

I got found cra~p

38. The following 20 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am now in Ernie's room checking out the stool.
    He is sleeping and to wake him up would take a bomb going off right next to him, he got his hearing aids out and already took his sleeping pills.
    He will be up at 4:30 am sharp to milk the cows, it was a habit when he had his farm. He milked over 420 head twice a day. A big concern in these parts. It is said he sold his farm over 600 acres and all the out buildings for a pretty penny. And ole Ernie lives here, damn he is 72 years old.
    Go live it out in the big city. I am trying to get him to bath at least once a week and not quarterly to the year. I installed him a new tall stool and hand bar to help him to get up and down. I offered him a hand held sprayer if he would bath once a week.
    As a small town living person, he is not flushing all the time, I told him it is a health code requirement, so do it or I will have to kick you out on your bum.
    I also said he was not going to pick up any of them loose woman at the bar he hangs out in in the mornings. He leaves at 10:00 am to go have his cross between breakfast and lunch.
    He told me there was a couple girls he had his eye on, I asked him which one the real or the glass one ?
    He said the real one of corse.
    We put up new Fire alarms in each room to help if fire, they got a small intense light that comes on to help. He thinks I install a camera to watch him so he would flush.
    ~ell you walk by his room, and the smell would kill any small animal or child, what ever he eats is rotten or damn close to it.
    Next week we, Ernie and me are going to go into the toilet paper thing. It is not there to just blow your nose on.
    Sherri is out side screaming my name, I got on the outside maybe 5 more mins.
    I am using the car converter plugged into a home converter, it is convoluted but it works.
    We are moving in tomorrow, I know what you are thinking. No we have owned it now over 30 days, but not sleep in our own bed. She doesn't want to traumatize the cat she said.
    Cat ~ell, it is her Mom I think.
    Got to go . . .

40. The following 30 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast