Thread: Coin Mech and Reset Wires

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Coin Mech and Reset Wires

Hi all!

I recently bought two machines from someone on Craigslist. The first that I started working with, OHanabi (Large Fireworks) works wonderfully, save for a few missing light sockets, but that doesn't bother me. The second, however, is turning out to be my first real challenge.

Reno is the name of the machine. It looks like it might be an older machine, but it's hard to tell. I found this video on Youtube (for a look at the thing in action, something I have yet to accomplish):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_MTI2RoZ3c

Now to my problems. The first problem is the first thing that I noticed about the machine, and that was the bare wires (see 0004 and 0005). The reset seems to work fine (goes from annoying music to flashing ready for tokens), but something about bare wires doesn't seem right. Also, if you'll notice, the red wire is not actually attached to the board (not place for it), and it was attached to the other wires by some electrical tape (bare on both ends). It seems to set off the error music when either of the wires touches anything. Any idea to what this is supposed to be attached?

Second, when I insert tokens, they make it through the coin mechanism fine and end up in the hopper, but they don't seem to register in the machine. Any ideas as to why this might be? I've attached a few pictures of the coin mechanism with the hopes that someone might see something I missed or have any ideas what I can do. The previous owners said "THE RENO MACHINE WAS WORKING, BUT, DOESNT NOW. I AM POSITIVE IT IS SOMETHING MINOR WITH THE WIRING. COULD OF BEEN SHAKEN LOOSE WHEN WE MOVED. ANYONE WITH ANY KNOWLEGE OF THIS TYPE COULD FIX IT." So, unless they're lying, the machine has worked recently.

I've added all of the pictures that I took. If you require more, I can have them up in no time.

Thanks in advance, and to my fellow Americans, happy Independence Day!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mrschmooshies