Thread: CF Export Packing Broadband Recommended

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default CF Export Packing (Broadband Recommended)

My package from CF Exports came through UPS. Yea!

So... here's a long review of packing methods which helped the machine get through UPS with no scratches, dents, or fractures. Double yea!

First, there's the box (Image 1). It's heavy duty and survived a few bangs.

Inside the box is a full layer of foam packing (Image 2), under which... there's another box (image 3).

That box has many staples (much like the original outside box). Inside that box is the actual machine some packing material (shredded paper)... as well as a third box (Image 4). There was also a single pachinko ball floating around possibly to remind me where it came from (Image 5). ^^

Inside the third box is a lot of packing material (Image 6). And that packing material contains a ball tray and 500 balls... which happen to be the (in)famous Unicorn branded balls (Image 7).

Did I mention my favorite thing? The tray has felt padding (Image 8). Triple yea! (OK... I'll stop now.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Currently Own: Nothing. I play mostly online now.

2. The following 20 users say "Thanks" to Sederien

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: CF Export Packing (Broadband Recommended)

Once the heavy bubble wrap is off the machine, you can see it's tightly wrapped in a second layer of cellophane (Image 1 and now I have the Chicago song in my head... "Cellophane should have been my name...").

Note the very helpful post it note on the outside. There's more of those on back. Two of which can be seen in the unwrapped back picture (Image 2).

One thing I found interesting... The override connection is uncovered (Image 3). Be sure not to bump it. ^^

Of course, to this end... I ordered a volume control and I must admit. I'm very impressed with how it was put in (Image 4)! It's not an outside knob, but actually replaces the usual toggle switch between high, medium, and low. Furthermore, it does -very- well at limiting the volume.

Oh and one more thing that was included: The wood stand boards were painted to match the machine (Image 5)! While I'll be putting this into a red cabinet, it's still a nice touch.

All in all very happy with the final product (Image 6).

Just one minor thing that I'm e-mailing Hiro about (main LED doesn't light... but that doesn't detract too much from the fun), but I may have interpreted the "X" on the price sheet differently. We'll see when I get a response.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sederien; 06-26-2008 at 09:22 PM.

4. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Sederien

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hiro is awesome! That was the way my Julie Pinball came to me. Yours was actually packed a little better than my Julie was, but I think Hiro learned a few things after the Star Trek incident. Basically, those idiots at UPS can break a bowling ball with a plastic spoon.
    Last edited by MrGoodBurn; 06-26-2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it sure beats Slotusa's packing, they would send a box with about 8 bags of foam peanuts, thats it!!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congratulations. Very nice job by Hiro.
    Machines I own: ...see my profile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hiro is getting more and more advanced every time I see another machine from him. The toggle switch replaced with a pot is a new one. The matching stand is as well. The uncovered CR ROM is standard from almost all vendors. My Star Trek and 007 came with the CR ROM sealed with brush on electrical tape. I would like to see how he did the volume pot, and the value if you can get some good pictures of that.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodBurn View Post
    Hiro is getting more and more advanced every time I see another machine from him. The toggle switch replaced with a pot is a new one. The matching stand is as well. The uncovered CR ROM is standard from almost all vendors. My Star Trek and 007 came with the CR ROM sealed with brush on electrical tape. I would like to see how he did the volume pot, and the value if you can get some good pictures of that.
    My camera is abysmal at closeup focus shots so I'll just list out what's on the side of the pot:

Code:
    50    3B
    33    5V
    As for the connection, it would seem that the original volume control was removed and replaced directly with this variable one. There is no other volume switch, but the pot knob sticks out of a hole in the plastic covering which seems to have been cut for a sliding switch. That is to say that there's a bit of empty space to the side of the knob where I believe a slide toggle would have been able to move.

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Sederien