Thread: The Hulk Gets Smarter than the Love Guru.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default The Hulk Gets Smarter than the Love Guru.

Well the wife and I saw two and 1/3 movies this weekend.

First was Get Smart. 3 1/2 Stars out of 4

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425061/

Our local paper gave this 3 1/2 stars out of 4. And I couldn't agree more. This an incredible movie with near perfect comedic timing. Steve plays the part of Maxwell Smart brilliantly. Anne Hathaway plays the role of agent 99 seamlessly. And the two together are poetry in motion. I am sure we will see these two together again.

This movie is true to the original series with at least one cast member making a cameo. Dwayne Johnson (The Rock), Terence Stamp (Supreme Chancellor Valorum), James Caan, and Bill Murray all add to the delightment of the plot.

I spent 90% of the movie laughing myself silly. The only downside to this is the other 10% seemed a little slow due to the high points. From what I can tell, the entire age range of the audience enjoyed the movie as much as we did.

These brings us the second movie we saw. Or more correctly 1/3 of a movie.

The Love Guru O Stars out 4

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0811138/

Both my wife and I our fans of Mike Myers and looked forward to seeing this movie. BUT... literally 5 minutes into this movie I was trying to figure out why the heck I was still sitting there. I kept telling myself that it has to get better... It has to get better. It didn't. It only got worse. For 35 minutes we endured what I thought was probably one of the worst movies every made. And only the third movie I have ever walked out on.

Now I should note that people may consider me a little prudish and naive. So if you find elephants defecating funny, this is the movie for you. I don't know about the entire movie, but the 35 minutes we saw was very much 3rd grade potty humor.

Fortunately our movie theater is very understanding. They allow you see a different movie if the first one is not to your liking. All you have to do is notify the manager on duty. When we walked out to tell the manager, we didn't make it to the part where we informed her about the movie. She looked at us and told us what movie we walked out of. (This theater as twenty of them.) She further explained that about 60% of the people were leaving this movie.

So this takes us two the 3rd movie. After we talked to the manager we walked over to the Hulk which was about to start.

The Incredible Hulk 3 Stars out of 4

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800080/

Edward Norton (Bruce Banner), Liv Tyler (Betty Ross), William Hurt (Gen. Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross) ...WOW, baby WOW. This movie is action packed and one heck of a roller coaster ride. Unlike "The Hulk" - 2003 - This new movie clicks. And all the parts and players in the movie flow in harmony.

This movie does a nice job of paying homage to the original while keeping to the basic plot of the series. Once again the actors/actresses do a wonderful and a believable job playing their roles. And this should be considered a must see for the "Big Screen."

Oh baby, there is one heck of a twist at the end of the movie...
    Last edited by johntofva; 06-23-2008 at 08:01 PM.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

2. The following 15 users say "Thanks" to johntofva

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: The Hulk Gets Smarter than the Love Guru.

Quote Originally Posted by johntofva View Post
    The Love Guru O Stars out 4

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0811138/

Both my wife and I our fans of Mike Myers and looked forward to seeing this movie. BUT... literally 5 minutes into this movie I was trying to figure out why the heck I was still sitting there. I kept telling myself that it has to get better... It has to get better. It didn't. It only got worse. For 35 minutes we endured what I thought was probably one of the worst movies every made. And only the third movie I have ever walked out on.
    I lol'd.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the reviews. I am going to check out the Hulk today. I was thinking abut seeing the Love Guru, but I think I will pass and wait for DVD now.
    There's no need to fear....
    Pachislo: Speed Racer, King Camel, Beast Sapp, Sindbad Adventure, Death Valley.Pachinko: Popeye, Fever Kagetu, Fever Circus, Spiderman Neo American: Red,White,& Blue Deluxe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I didn't enjoy the Mike Myers movies that others thought were good; after reading this I certainly won't even wait for the dvd.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My youngest daughter saw it yesterday and loved it... I asked her again today "Are you sure?"

She was not as enthusiastic today as yesterday, but she said she still LOL'd. She did admit to it being stupid silly. I think I'll pass, but I'd like to see Get Smart. It was one of my fav shows when I was young.
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the reviews.

Saw The Hulk and agree - Good movie. Love the way Marvel has set out to intertwine their movies now that they have creative control. Can't wait to see what they do next.

Love Guru - Haven't seen it but by the looks of the previews I would tend to agree you nailed it.

Get Smart - Looking forward to seeing it. Seen a few mixed reviews - Nice to see you liked it.

D
    Pachinkos:
    Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vicky Chance
    Pachislos:
    Mach Go Go Go, Super Blackjack, Yamato

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I saw Love Guru for one reason. For the last 10 minutes of the film when the Toronto Maple Leafs won the cup. Sadly, it's going to be the only time in my life I will see it. ..Yeah, Love Guru is horrible, horrible...just plain bad.

I walked out of Guru and walked into "Get Smart". Great movie, especially if you get all the in-jokes. Highly recommended.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm saving my movie money for the 'Dark Knight'.
    My favorite color is Ham

10. The following user says "Thanks" to BigBearSteve

Sid