Thread: Pachislo Godzilla PSW and Vendor Review

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachislo Godzilla PSW and Vendor Review

Vendor Review - The Robin Nest TheRobinNest.com

Pachislo Review - Godzilla PSW (Pachislo Slot Wars)

The Robin Nest…

The Robin Nest (a vendor I have not done business with or heard feedback on) announced they have Pachislo machines for sale and listed a couple of new, recently released models. I have wanted the Godzilla PSW LCD and it was one of the listed.

I e-mailed Robin and inquired about the availability of the machine. I received a very quick e-mail reply stating the machine was available. Godzilla was listed at $289.99 including shipping. He provided a discount coupon code to enter on his internet site since I am also a member of another Pachislo site that he advertised on.

I ordered Godzilla PSW that evening (June 5th). I added a penny to the order for 100 tokens. The machine did not come with tokens as part or the base purchase (nor did it advertise it came with tokens). I immediately received an e-mail auto reply confirming my order and stating I would receive shipping tracking information when the order is shipped. The www.therobinnest.com site said orders are usually shipped within 4 business days after receiving the order. I estimated the order should be shipped no later than Thursday (June 12th). They would get my order Friday (June 6th) and 4 business days from then would be Thursday June 12th.

On June 12th I received an e-mail from Robin saying my order had been shipped and was provided the UPS tracking number. The machine was shipping from Ohio. I received Godzilla on Tuesday June 17th. Godzilla arrive in one piece and was packaged using grey foam rail cradles on the top and bottom (adequate / basic protection – nothing special). Machine was real dusty (probably warehouse dirt), otherwise in fairly good shape.

It was a standard refurbished unit with no bells or whistles (no control switch labeling or added volume controls).

Based on my experience I feel The Robin Nest is a reputable vendor and delivers on his promises. I would consider purchasing from him again in the future. Thanks Robin!

Godzilla PSW Review…

Godzilla fired right up after a quick reset - left turn of the door key (to correct HE error). What a hoot! Started off with a level 3 setting and I watched Godzilla battle various monsters and foes, tear up Tokyo, he stomps around town crushing things (don’t invite him to your town anytime soon), Mothra hatches in the bottom of the ocean, a commuter train gets Godzilla’s heated breath, the army tries to destroy Godzilla (tanks / bazookas / missile launchers / rifles / you name it – they use it), some army command center action, a reporter flying overhead in a helicopter – almost falls out, a man fishing on the pier (just like in the Godzilla movie), the twin girls appear (haven’t figured out what they are doing yet), a drunk who hits his head on the video screen (he knocked himself out the first time and the army took him away the second time), and a lot more. This is with about 30 minutes of play on the machine. Some of the scenarios do have limited speaking but only Japanese is heard. The characters also have Asian looking faces except Godzilla – he is just one mean mother! Because of all the screen action I wasn’t paying a lot of attention to the reels, however playing on level 3 there was a lot of small hits - token payouts.

This in one action packed entertaining Pachislo. I have Gamera High Grade and Godzilla seems to have more action in it. Gamera High Grade has high resolution on the LCD (somewhat like high definition), Godzilla has a lower quality screen resolution. Unless you have Gamera and Godzilla side by side the image quality would not be significantly noticed because of the constant screen action. Godzilla will require a volume control installation (two speakers), way too loud for the home with the factory 3 position volume switch.

Overall I think this is going to be my favorite Pachislo. I currently have Gamera High Grade, King Mouse, Neo Zeta, Tomb Raider, Salaryman Kinto (there is topless dancing nudity on this one – not for the kids), Wonder Seven, Go Go Juggler, Juggler V and Butterfly. Now Godzilla has been added to the family!

2. The following 19 users say "Thanks" to Juggler

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachislo Godzilla PSW and Vendor Review

+1 on Godzilla PSW
    It is a terrific machine. I picked up mine from Rita at Blue Hotaru and had a great experience dealing with them. Its nice to see a great machine being offered by several reputable sellers. Worth adding to your list.
    Bob's Tiki BarCade: Home to Arcade Machines, Pachis, Collectibles, and a Massive amount of Polynesian Kitsch. All together in one room.....because that's the only place she'll let me keep it.

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to bob5150