Thread: Headphones?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Headphones?

As one of the many apartment dwellers in the land, pachinko machines tend to be too loud for the neighbors even at lower settings...

Has anyone attempted modifying the speaker output to redirect into some kind of stereo headphone hookup?

I know this setup will very by machine (especially those with three or more speakers), but I'm optimistic that it could be done.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Headphones?

I'm sure you could put in a jack to add headphones to your machine but most people just add better volume control to be able to adjust the volume as low as you want. There are many threads here covering the subject.
    Never met a Pachi I didn't like!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ah... I had searched specifically for headphone(s) and had no luck. I'm aware of the volume controls and certainly a powerful enough one or two on top of each other could limit it to silence, but are the sounds audible over the din of the balls?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes it would depend om each style of machine
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It would be SO easy to blow the headphones. IIRC from posts here, the opamp used in these machines can deliver about 30x the rated power a typical headphone can handle (13W -- 1000mW/32ohm). A cheap headphone might only handle 1/10th of that, while a professional headphone might handle all of it. You'd really want to build a voltage divider to be safe (the same thing you find in home stereo headphone circuits). Shouldn't be too difficult - google is your friend...
    Star Wars R2D2 Vicky Chance Fever King Julie Pinball Lassen World Super Stadium Galaxy Railways Eva 4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lucky for me, I have one of those... Might not be enough, but coupled with Sennheisers it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Plus, if the HD280s break... well I have an excuse to get the HD595s! (The 280s have been working flawlessly for almost 9 years now.)