Thread: The Martians have landed!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default The Martians have landed!!!

At 5:30 am this morn the invasion took place and Revenge From Mars arrived!

What an intensely great game! Great visuals, Sounds and play!

It needed some cleaning but I only gave it a good basic cleaning until all of the NOS parts arrive to make it look new!

If you have never seen this machine in real life Do So, any chance that you can get. Photos just don't do it justice.

It has a great volume control as well from almost dead silent to arena loud!

I took some pics but not really good ones so that you could see the playfield,Cabinet and just a hint of the graphics that appear to float over the game.

One pic is of an image of text on the playfield with the monitor above which is not seen during play. I took that pic at an angle looking up at the monitor because it looked really cool. The images on the playfield are simply reflections from the monitor. The images, animations and text are interactive with the ball! Hit a Martian with the ball and he blows up!

I took some pics of the playfield and of the Martian figures with the playfield glass removed to avoid the reflections from the flash.( I open the doors of Pachinko machines to take pics of the Cells as well.)

The rubber Martians on the playfield jump up and down at certain points of play where as if you "Destroy " them you get a Multiball bonus.

Note the 2 spaceships on the field. There is a center light on each but I will be adding a mod of leds which circle the saucers in many patterns it looks really cool so I thought that I would post the page that has small clips of how they will look.
    http://www.ufopinball.com/RFM-LED/features.htm

I will take a vid as soon as I can.

If you get the chance see the film TILT (The Battle to save Pinball) It is a really wonderful documentary about the last days of pinball and the creation of this machine to save it. This is how I first heard of and saw Revenge from Mars the first theme of the Pinball 2000
    machine.

One sad note, In order to keep that machine at Dahlias place I had to put Super Black Jack into storage and replace it with Kagetsu the Pachinko.
    There is only so much room in ones apt. I also had to put Azteca Legend Returns into storage as there was no room left at my place.

I feel like I put them in prison. What a shame.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Led Zepplin

2. The following 19 users say "Thanks" to Eddie