Thread: The Martians have landed!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: The Martians have landed!!!

First I must apologize for not contributing much to the site lately and not helping those with machine questions.

I have been busy working on my NON Pachinko Pachislo machine.

As with Pachinko and Pachislo machines this machine needed some restoration work.

I had to teach myself all about Pinball mechs in the last week and find resources for the rare parts that this machine uses. (Just like Vintage Pachinkos)

It was amazing finding the hack jobs that I did but I corrected all of them so the machine is close to NEW condition.

Just as with Pachinko machines many many parts had to be removed to clean and replace or repair them.

My vintage pachinko restorations really made this project very easy
    and it is nice to finally have Parts and Electrics Schematics!!!

Of course I had to mod the machine because I cant help myself so I added some extra pieces such as new leg levelers with Rubber boots!,coin box, Leg to cabinet Protectors an Attack from Mars action figure that looks just great with the machine and the coolest add on, Red LEDs in the 2 saucers the make multiple patterns during gameplay!

The parts that I replaced were all of the coils, lamps ,fuses and flipper assemblies, rubbers, Shooter button assembly, flipper button assemblies, New lock down bar and side rails.(Not really required but Im anal and wanted the machine to look new)! New balls,many microswitches and on and on. Now I have a machine with all New parts that should last for many many years with home use.

In the future there is a co (NuCore) that is making an entirely new computer for the machine that will improve performance and allow the use of any monitor of your choice not only that it enables the machine to become a JUKEBOX when a game is not being played and the song choices are made with the flipper buttons! I will be adding that to my machine.

Anyway here are pics of the upgrades and 90% restored machine (Waiting on some new locks and playfield glass) Its a special glass made just for this machine it is tinted and becomes mirrored under the monitor. Its a very rare hard to obtain piece.

1 leg leveler and rubber boot
    2 Skip ramp and Single Bank Drop Down target Hole Protector!!!

The skip ramp (Large black monolith in center of pic) rises up at certain times to make the balls jump into the air to hit the 3d saucers and martians that are floating above the playfield! The ramp is in the up position in the photo. Just behind the Ramp is a large Horizontal black object with a large horizontal piece of Plexi glass attached (Hard to make out in the pic)
    This object Catches the balls that jump off of the skip ramp. This object and the 4 RED and one Green Drop down targets below it are NOT seen during gameplay as the 3d images completely cover them.

To the right of the ramp under what appears to be a Police light on the playing surface of the hole there, you can make out a black looking frame(Its silver) That is the thin steel hole protector (It protects the playfield wood edges around the hole where the balls drop down then shoot back out) it took the removal of many parts above and below the machine to install it.

Martian, I have discovered since getting this machine that most late model Pinball machines have on the playfields what are called Toys. These are either stationary or mechanical objects that both enhance gameplay or visuals. They can be figures or other objects relating to the games theme. ( The hand in the box from the Adams Family for ex) My machine already had 2 martians but I thought another figure in the back would look good as there was a perfect spot to place one. I searched for Attack from Mars figures from the movie and I came upon this figure. He is the perfect size and color and it turns out he is a rare piece! I got him with 2 other but different Attack from Mars figures from ebay and had to bid on the set of 3. They were brand new in the packaging!!!) Wasnt cheap but worth it. I now have 2 other figures in unopened packages if anyone might be interested Ill put them in the auction to benefit Sir Arby! (Oh yeah they talk!)

4 New Flippers

5 Photo of the 3 Martians camera at Playfield level

6 Playfield without the glass using the cameras lighting

7 Playfield without the glass machine lighting

8 The 3d saucers in a scene during gameplay

9 A 3d saucer using a tractor beam / Martian addition stands behind

10 Machine with Glass installed powered up in attract mode awaiting a player
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Led Zepplin

2. The following 18 users say "Thanks" to Eddie