Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: tayio electron ?s

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default tayio electron ?s

hello I am new here and my neighbor just gave me this machine and I want to fix it up. I know some of the lights don't work and I am not sure if it is supposed to make noise or not but it doesn't. The bulbs are very small with 2 wires sticking out the bottom and they go into a rubber sleeve then slide on 2 pins. Also would like to know around how old it is and if that thing is supposed to be on the power cord. thanks for any help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by funkytub; 06-03-2008 at 03:42 AM. Reason: add something

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to funkytub

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: tayio electron ?s

1st Congrats on such a great looking machine !! I am really green with envy that you have this machine .

You do have a transformer hooked up to machines back in the pictures ,have you plugged it in yet ? We have some links to suppliers for the light bulbs and , of course some or alot of members will reply with help

Wellcome to the Dark Side too
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

4. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!

Cool machine, looks like one Eddie might know something about, maybe he will stop by and bestow some of his great pachi knowledge on you!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice Looking Vintage,

Welcome to PachiTalk funkytub!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A Vintage is a great start to your Pachi World. Welcome to the Forum funkytub.

Eddie is our resident expert on the Vintage Machines and I'm sure he will answer any questions to the best of his ability that you might have.

It starts with One. Many more to come I'm sure.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do a search for Arepachi or Taiyo Electron on PachiTalk and you'll find a bunch of good info. I would guess the plastic piece on the power cord is for an inline fuse; I've seen something similar on one of my vintage machines. I believe Arapachis were from the 70s. The lamps you need are most likely 8187 mini-lamps. I found some at my local hardware store. A good electronics store probably carries them as well. Read up on cleaning methods so you don't damage the playfield (water through the nail holes causes permanent stains). There are also threads on token sizes here on the forum. I really enjoy playing my Arepachi. You have an especially nice one with an unusual design. Have fun cleaning it up.
    “It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.”

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to sharmoni

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool machine and Welcome to Pachitalk. If you don't receive the answers you need just let us know.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

...and I'm not the newbie to the forum any more! Welcome!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i am doing a little cleaning of the glass and chrome frame what is the best way to clean the playing field? O and to no surprise eddie was the first to ask if i wanted to sell it. LOL But for any outher ppl thinking of asking i am not going to sell it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the Show!!!

Great machine, Looks to be in perfect condition minus the usual cleaning required.

The bulbs are 2187 wire base lamps.

The machine is from the mid 70s

The Component on the power cord can be either a fuse or a resistor cant tell from the pic.

To learn how to play the game view the vid on the home page as most Arepachies have the same rules

Your machine is not supposed to have sounds as there is no sound board or speakers in that model.

However you could mount an electric bell and wire it up for any payouts.
    Led Zepplin

14. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the mini-lamp number correction Eddie.

I've had good luck cleaning really grimy playfields with both Novus #1 and Brillianize plastic cleaners (recommended by many on this forum). I use a non-abrasive cloth (no paper towels) and spray a little cleaner on the cloth (not enough to drip, just damp). For getting into the tight spots between the nails I wrap the damp end of the cloth around a wooden dowel. I'm real careful to keep liquids away from any holes in the plastic so it doesn't get through and stain the printed paper behind the laminate.
    “It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.”

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sharmoni thanks for the info! I have a few more questions? I think this machine has some sort of mod and theres a broken piece that i would like to replace or ill have to glue this one back together. I think the blue piece spins on a motor and makes contact with the different places on the board where the circle. If anyone has this piece let me know i need a new one. im going to post the mod on another post so theres no confusion.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok what i think is a mod im not sure really what it for the places where the wires are solider on looks different than the originals and i think there a compactor missing tell me what you think. it the red and yellow wires.any one know whats this is for? and also if there is supposed to be a compactor there.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I thought that there was a piece missing on that upper P.C. board
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by funkytub View Post
    sharmoni thanks for the info! I have a few more questions? I think this machine has some sort of mod and theres a broken piece that i would like to replace or ill have to glue this one back together. I think the blue piece spins on a motor and makes contact with the different places on the board where the circle. If anyone has this piece let me know i need a new one. im going to post the mod on another post so theres no confusion.
    The green Arm holds the contact fingers that closes the circuits for the token payouts.

All of the contacts must be alined properly.

It is not likely that you will find a replacement you must repair this one or make your own.

You will find many answers to your questions with this thread.

PachiTalk
    Led Zepplin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Skookum machine, funkytub. I love the variety!
    -Crack- -Snap- -Whirrr- -Ping- "Uh oh."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes it was helpful thanks again eddie. Do you know anything about that mod i am thinking of just taking it off because i don't think its origional cause the wires are not in the loom like the outhers and even the wires are a different gauge than the outhers. just to be sure these are the 2187 bulbs in the pic do you have any idea what bulb is used for the bonus lamp its a screw in type and where i can get the little rubber things that hold the 2187s
    Last edited by funkytub; 06-04-2008 at 05:02 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes it was helpful thanks again eddie. Do you know anything about that mod i am thinking of just taking it off because i don't think its origional cause the wires are not in the loom like the outhers and even the wires are a different gauge than the outhers. just to be sure these are the 2187 bulbs in the pic do you have any idea what bulb is used for the bonus lamp its a screw in type and where i can get the little rubber things that hold the 2187s
    The million dollar question!!! The silicone lamp sockets..

I have been searching for weeks on end for any surplus sockets.

I have written to numerous Japanese Pachinko shops ( Had my notes Translated)

Have written to more electronics and bulb suppliers then even exist!

What have I found out??

These things are rarer than an honest politician or finding a true believer of Million God on Pachitalk (Now Thats Rare)

The mod whatever it is, may just be a coin mech bypass for free play.

I haven't looked into my machine in some time to be able to tell you which lamps are used for the bonus. but I think for sure its a screw in bulb.
    Led Zepplin

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks for the info again eddie i guess ill have to make my own out of silicone or just soider them to the pins once i get the bulbs. Big favor to ask of you though i need to know what kind of transistor goes into the 2 places on the board in the pic i noticed they are almost the exact same board as the one that the link above has in it. cause im sure theres no wiring schematic for this thing that would be to easy and since its just gone i cant match it. I am fixing to order some Brillianize and the bulbs for it and also going to clean off the work bench and get to taking it apart. im going to do what sharmoni did and take lots of pics during the process. I got a friend checking on if he can get the outer trim rechromed for me at a decent price cause there is a little rust on them i might even have some of the other goldish parts chromed in the process not sure if thats a good idea or not. I was successful at gluing the green arm back together and i think it will work.

25. The following user says "Thanks" to funkytub

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks for the info again eddie i guess ill have to make my own out of silicone or just soider them to the pins once i get the bulbs. Big favor to ask of you though i need to know what kind of transistor goes into the 2 places on the board in the pic i noticed they are almost the exact same board as the one that the link above has in it. cause im sure theres no wiring schematic for this thing that would be to easy and since its just gone i cant match it. I am fixing to order some Brillianize and the bulbs for it and also going to clean off the work bench and get to taking it apart. im going to do what sharmoni did and take lots of pics during the process. I got a friend checking on if he can get the outer trim rechromed for me at a decent price cause there is a little rust on them i might even have some of the other goldish parts chromed in the process not sure if thats a good idea or not. I was successful at gluing the green arm back together and i think it will work.
    I wont be home for a few days to look at the board and give you the board component numbers that you need but I will as soon as I get the chance.

Remember the Brillianeze is to be used after the machine has been cleaned as a protective,smooth and shiny finish. It really wont do much for a real cleaning of your old machine. If your to take the machine apart soak all plastics in water and simple green over night then rinse with clean water and wipe off the loosened dirt. For any stubborn stains like tar and embedded dirt in the ball tracks or anywhere for that matter,use windex and a combo of novus 2 followed with Brillaneze. Windex gets the tar out like nothing else as well as most dirt on most parts including the metal parts and wire harness. then wipe down after with Brillianeze .Dont forget to clean all electrics with contact cleaner.
    Led Zepplin

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast