Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Pachi Stork is coming!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: The Pachi Stork is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBearSteve View Post
    I agree 100% on both.

BTW, let me know if you figure out how to use the Realtime clock on 007. I still haven't got it to work.
    Hopefully I will have some time to play it today. I picked up another machine for a coworker, and I'm trying to nOOb proof it. This will be his first Pachi, and I figured I would label some things that he will need to be able to find. I also want to fully "test" it for him before it goes home.

If i figure out that clock; I will let you know... I'm sometimes a little slow at figuring things like that out, but I will do my best.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by teqkng View Post
    UPS delivered 15 packages coming to me at my old warehouse, to a house a few blocks away. They made an error in their computer that automatically changed the actual entered address from AVE to Street due to a local programming glitch. They refused to pay the $2500 loss, and the "House" was abandoned so they delivered the packages to squatters crashing there. I never recovered any of them. They stood by having a signature for delivery even though it was not mine or anyone elses that worked with or for me. Needless to say I will only ship OUT with UPS and I only with a disclaimer and a requirement for aditional insurance.
    UPS delivered two guitars to a house a mile away. I read online that they had been delivered yet I did not have them, I called and the driver had listed my address with a signature for delivery. after telling the idiot on the phone that I did not have them I went for a drive and as I passed the house I saw a big box with "Gibson" on it sitting in the sun in the driveway. I stopped and looked, saw my name on the box, put it in the car then went and banged on the door. The old man didn't know anything had been delivered and he had not signed for anything. they never admitted to anything and the response was "well you got them so stop *****ing" the idiot can't tell "N" from "S" or his from a hole in the ground
    the

LLTR

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have heard horror stories from friends in the shipping and receiving departments at work. We do millions of dollars a year in business with UPS, so they have seen it all. Packages disappearing, boxes rolled off the back of the truck because the driver can't lift it, and drivers standing on the dock throwing packages in to the back of the truck. UPS just doesn't care about our stuff. The drives are completely careless. I don't bet the people at the hubs are any better. FedEX is much better than UPS is for making sure your item arrives in good condition. FedEX Home Delivery drivers are all independent contractors, so they have to be careful with your items. It's their business, and their money if they damage your stuff.

Hiro

UPS
    Last edited by MrGoodBurn; 06-15-2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGoodBurn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

by helping fix it you learned something along the way too
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

7. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodBurn View Post
    I'm just happy that my Star Trek is fixed, Hiro disassembled the cell, and between the two of us we managed to get the LEDs back in their mounts and working again.

Hiro
    Considering the price of gas, I hope you at least bought him dinner!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

9. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congats to you and Hiro fixing the star trek
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did give him about $70.00 for gas. He did not ask for it, but I asked him if I could at least pay his gas, and he said he was in to gas $70.00.

Yes, I learned something, and Hiro learned something. It was an all around learning experience. He showed me how to disassemble the cell components without destroying the cell, and I showed him how to reconnect the ribbon cables on the LEDs without breaking them. We both learned how the LED pods went back in place on their mounts together. We were both extremely happy when the LEDs started working properly for the first time. So yes, we are both a little smarter because of UPS...

It was a great ending to a unfortunate situation.

12. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to MrGoodBurn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am dealing with Hiro on a purchase also and hate to hear about this. Please keep us posted on results with the UPS. Hope it all works out for you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just wanted to let everyone know about one more thing Hiro has done that is above and beyond what was expected. I received an envelope today from Hiro at CF Export. In that envelope was the lower audio cable that was missing from my Star Trek machine when I purchased it. I purchased the machine knowing it was missing, and that the one that he made was not the correct cable. I never expected him to order the right cable and send it to me.

Hiro is awesome!

15. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to MrGoodBurn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodBurn View Post

Hiro is awesome!
    My favorite color is Ham

17. The following user says "Thanks" to BigBearSteve

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3