Thread: Newbie w/Ultraman Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newbie w/Ultraman Pachinko

Hello! I'm new to the site and somewhat new to Pachinko. I (years ago) had a Pachinko machine from the 70s? that I bought from Montgomery Wards (remember them?) I decided recently to look into the game again and see if I could get a new model. I opted for an Ultraman machine since it felt more "Japanese" than the "Indiana Jones" or other American movie titles. Anyway this machine is light years beyond my old gravity only machine and I'd like to get up to speed on how to play it.

I understand that I need to get the balls into the center section and try to collect extra balls, however there are specifics with this model that have me stumped. I know there are times i need to press the "change" button but I'm not sure when and if I manage to do that what happens? Are there any English manuals that explain this machine and not just the generic information regarding all machines but tells the features of the Ultraman?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie w/Ultraman Pachinko

Hi, Iggy
    The more you play, the more you will understand the machine.
    Just remember that it is a gambling machine and play it that way.
    Have you gotten one of Daverobs dongles yet?
    It REALLY helps the game play.
    ENJOY!
    Jerry
    PACHINKO, THE #1 DRUG!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I asked a similar question when I first got my Julie. I even bought a promo brochure in Japanese that gave me very basic infovia photoson reaches, but after playing the machine for many hours I realized I was having more fun trying to figure out what pockets and sequences did what.
    Its never too late to have a happy childhood.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to sharmoni

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk Iguanaman!!

It is natural to want to find out everything you can about your new toy,
    but I would agree with Sharmoni and say that the best thing about Pachinko
    is discovering things for yourself...

Welcome to the Dark Side!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

6. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I agree that discovering things about it are fun, however I feel like I could be missing things that I would not know otherwise without some information. Although it seems like information regarding this machine or the Kyoraku machines is hard to come by compared to other brands.

To me it is sort of like playing a video game that you bought but with no instructions. While I can play it, if I knew that if I pressed a certain key combo it allowed my character to jump it might change the game play dramatically. Without that knowledge I would feel that the character simply doesn't jump and I would lose out on what the game really has to offer.

Doesn't mean I won't play it though

Of course it is mostly curiosity. I'd like to know about the entire machine functionality and not just the game play.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now that I think about it I actually knew a lot about how the Julie played because the company I bought it from (Slot-Pachinkoalso known in the forum as texasauction) had tons of videos and description on their eBay listing. It just so happens that they also sell Ultraman with a similar amount of description, photos, and videos (ULTRAMAN PACHINKO PINBALL MACHINE - #1 JAPANESE ANIME!! - eBay (item 310052483460 end time May-27-08 16:20:53 PDT)).

Assuming you haven't already read their page because you bought your machine from them, it could help you figure out some non-obvious gameplay details. Keep in mind that they are not always accurate in their description since they sometimes oversell certain EXCITING!! features using slightly inaccurate descriptions of the gameplay. They also spend more time on the reaches than on the mechanical play, but the modern machines are more video slot machines now than pachinko machines, so that's to be expected. Bonus is their backstory of the Ultraman character.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also fun of much variety is to had upon visitation of Japanese sites displaying the CR Pachinko Ultraman (Kyoraku):

http://translate.google.com/translat...&ie=ISO-8859-1

ς񂱁@Eg}

Translated version of http://777.nifty.com/cs/catalog/777_780/catalog_crpachinkoultraman_1.htm

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to sharmoni

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The first link I can never make heads or tails of. I saw that in the museum(?) but it didn't seem to match other formats listed.

The second link I found trying to locate the company and ask them to send me any info on the machine (yeah right) I even downloaded that entire Ultraman section to my local computer so I have the same section of that website locally. Took me a while to figure out how it went together.

The translated link didn't translate very well. I could pick out a few things but mostly gibberish to me.

I'd like to try and translate the second link web site but I'd need to know shockwave and Japanese to convert it all. That seems to contain a lot if information about when to press the change button and what to look out for.

The slotpachinko site did have some good insight regarding game play though.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

shoot ball see ball bounce YEAH! Huh? Oh ha ha...ok ill turn it down next week when i get the volume controls...Oh headache must play later...
    Last edited by lyo.1984; 05-24-2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pachinko, in general, is not all that interactive Basically - hit the start pocket as often as you can, and keep the spins banked as much as possible. The rest is up to the machine. Most of all look for the little secrets, music, animations and fun like that. Ultraman is Chock-Full of 'em. If you are a fan, you will be entertained. If you are one of those ppl that NEEDS to know everything first - dig in for a while, because it will take you some time to translate all of the docs.

CHANCE !!! Push it for a reach, or maybe a bonus

So knowing what can happen, doesn't help you make it happen. As the reaches hit fevers, and then you go into bonus round and ultra bonus rounds... the game flows are really the only thing that is important to understand.

You can get this from the charts on the websites.

Welcome & enjoy
    RR

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

14. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to rubberratt