Thread: E1 and lock ups?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy E1 and lock ups?

Firstly, hi everyone I'm a new poster and the new proud yet somewhat worried owner of the JSR Pachislo. I'm a huge fan of the video game and had some spare cash so I jumped at the chance when I came across it on eBay.

After getting it home and playing it for about 10 minutes the machine 'booted down?' but it was still spinning round inside. After a few restarts the E1 error will appear. To fix it I open the door insert and turn the key, then reboot the machine. This gets me to the difficulty setting and I then flick the handle on the front to change the setting to '0' and turn the key back left again. This makes everything all happy again and I close the door.

But sometimes upon closing the door it will 'boot down' again and even if it doesn't, I seem to get about 1-3 minutes play out of it before it boots down anyway.

Am I missing something or have I bought a dodgy machine?

Hi again and I'm sorry if some/all of my terminology was off...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: E1 and lock ups?

Sounds like a loose connection. The most common problem after receiving a machine.

Check all the connections on the door and hopper areas. Also, any connections above the reels. Wjile checking the door, Make sure there are no bare wires between the door and cabinet that might be rubbing.

Hope all works well.

P.S. It's not uncommon for the buttons to be dirty underneath. Check to make sure those are clean.
    Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks for the reply, there doesn't seem to be any loose connections or bare wires, although there is one socket that goes into the power box that seems wobbly and I don't seem to be able to remove it. The wire runs from the power box then goes behind the hopper and finishes at the prongs(?) in the bottom right. Could that be causing the shutting off/E1 problem?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

those wires are for the overflow hopper, when it gets too full the coins will short across these pins causing an error so tokens must be dumped. check for shorting in this system as that could cause you error, but i belive you'll find a loose conection somewhere else if you look harder.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Could this be an issue with the transformer? because there are no loose connections at all. I got it running again, left the door open and watched it fail after about 10 seconds.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sounds like a transformer issue to me what size does the machine have in it ? sounds like its heating up and opening then cooling down . is the transformer hot ? be careful a bad transformer can burn you easily .
    Jeff