Thread: Star Wars error code 1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Star Wars error code 1

My Star Wars was turned off for a few weeks. It was not moved. When I turn it on now the frame shows error code 1 in the back. The LCD displays the CGROM checks which all show OK or sometimes the LCD is just blank. The ball shooter works with either the original or Daverobs dongle. Only the top start pocket is lit. R2 moves during the initial power up. Power on with reset held does not help. The Lumina frame manual seems to indicate this is a main or payout board problem. Reconnecting the cable mentioned in the manual did not help. Any experiences or suggestions for this error?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Star Wars error code 1

There have been a few members here with Star Wars problems,

I think it was deduced that this particular Sankyo Machine does not like cold temperatures very much

I'm not sure if that could have a bearing on your own particular problem though??

Have you tried leaving it switched on for a few hours to warm up
    before switching it off and seeing if the error clears when powered up again??

On a list I have it shows the following:

SANKYO Error Display Codes
    1 - Main board signal not yet connected

Hopefully someone with experience of this problem will chime in with a solution for you

In the meantime, it probably wouldn't hurt to unplug cables and reconnect them,
    just in case one has come loose perhaps??
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

3. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You'll also get this error code on the Payout Control Board error display if there is a problem with the boot up sequence of the Main Control board. So it's worth checking all connections on the main control board.

The boot up problem that can occur on these machines due to low temperatures doesn't normally give an error code. But it might be worth leaving it switched on for ten minutes to warm up and then cycle the power or reset the machine to see if anything happens differently.

Check to see if the chance button lights up during the boot up sequence, and also check if the case lights flash in the lamp test sequence if the chance button is pressed during boot up, as this should rule out a problem with the sub control board.

It's also worth dropping a few balls through the payout pockets, both before and after it has had some time to 'warm up' to see if anything is triggered (lights, sounds or video), as this might help narrow down the area where the problem might be.

5. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My LOTR does this now and then. I will boot up, Play it for about 2-3 minutes, then the screen goes black, then rom check, then after about a minute or so, it comes back, and no more problems. I've seen the exact same on my star wars. It usually clears itself after a minute, so I never get a chance to see the error code on the back.
    Youngjedi

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I left it on for several hours. At some point the video started working. A ball in the start pocket started the music but then it began making an alarm type sound and all the lights were lit but not flashing. A few power on resets didn't really get it out of this state. Several times it began paying out balls repeatedly. The front trays filled up and frame error led was flashing between 6 and 1. Balls in the start pocket were not registering except the first one which seemed to trigger the alarm sound if the alarm didn't start imediately after power on. Sometimes it was not showing an error but still the alarm sound (which was different than the door bell sounding tray full alarm). I then left it off for 30 minutes then did another reset. It seems fine now. Of course my guests who had never seen it had already left. Maybe I should power it on weekly to keep it from getting into this state.
    Last edited by PhoneGuy; 05-10-2008 at 08:32 PM.

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to PhoneGuy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds like it could be a loose connection. As your playing, the vibrations are causing a connection to be loose. As for the alarm, There is an alarm for illegal play ... basically, manually opening the jackpot door (the one that opens during fevers) and dropping a ball in. See if the alarm is the same. If it is, make sure there is nothing in there that may be causing a ball to be stuck, then releasing it during normal play, or check the connections in that area. That is all I can really suggest...Hope all works out well.
    Youngjedi

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Still having issues. It powered on and seemed OK for a while today then while playing the alarm sound came on. After this all pockets quit registering. Power on resets are not helping. Lights, and video all look normal and there is no error code. I tried reconnecting all the main and payout board cables. I can duplicate the alarm sound by leaving the pink connector on the payout board disconnected and powering on the machine (causes error code 1). Should there be any indication that the reset did anything? Any way the current problem seems to be that the balls do not register in any of the pockets.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

did you check your payout motor and have you tried a full ball dump???
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

14. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sounds alot like a series of ball jams. dump all balls remove and empty the payout motor. clean all the crap out of the ball ways. check the balls as it sounds like you have one or two the wrong size and they are occasionally jaming up the machine.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to birdbrain

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does it pay out once then error? No fix here, but I've got the same problem with my Poochie machine (also Sankyo)

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is working again. I don't think it was the payout motor or a ball jam because the ball loan button and payout tank empty sensor were working. However I removed the whole ball feed payout assembly (Sun Pack). This requires a number of cables to be disconnected. I then reseated some of the cables behind the payout assembly. Once I put it back together, powered it on and it started working correctly. No errors after an hour so of play and a few power cycles. I'll have to see what happens after it's powered off overnight.

19. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to PhoneGuy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hopefully it will continue to work properly! Thank you for sharing your fix and good luck!
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Two days with 20+ hour power offs in between each boot and it's still working fine. Not sure of the root cause but re-seating a high percentage of the cables seems to have cleared up the issues.

22. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to PhoneGuy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is what I have found happens a lot on these "Tanks" of a machine.
    They get a "ell of a ride here and than the handling.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"