Thread: Cell Pica Care

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Cell Pica Care

For those just getting or wanting a cell Pica Cleaner may I give you these tips

Dont use the Pica Cleaner to clean OLD UnRestored Vintage cell faces untill you have cleaned them first with Windex and Qtips.

I wouldn't live without my Pica cleaner and I would not want to ruin the brushes trying to clean cells that the brushes or Pica Foam were not meant to clean. Use the Proper tool for the Job.

These Pica Cleaners were made to clean machines that are in use in the Parlors and to remove the type of dirt that would be found in them (Not Much) and to polish the cell in other words Basic maintainance.

The machines are very much new and there would not be any real dirt on them unless the parlor was in someone's basement with many water leaks in the ceiling and lots of dust, bugs, webs, soot etc.

Vintage machines have 30 years Plus dirt, Tar and debris built up and some of it baked in from the heat from which they were stored.

Many home owners used oil on the machines which collected dust, dirt and became a gooey like substanece over the years.

This is not something that you would find in a Machine still in a Parlor.

Vintage cells also contain corrosion in the form of rust from the nails and from other metal parts in the rear of the machines that finds its way to the cells.

The Pica cleaner will not clean off this corrosion and the brushes would only get stained.

Vintage cells also may have lose nails or sharp edges from broken parts that could snag and or cut into the Pica Brushes.

So to preserve your pica brushes Clean your Vintage cell by polishing the nails first using Brasso for Brass ( The polishing leaves fine Brass dust all over) then clean the Surface, Ball Tracks and Pockets with Windex (Sprayed on Qtips then wiped off with clean Qtips and soft cloth)

After your done with this then you can use your Pica cleaner to get off what would be considered the type of Cell Dirt that it was designed for.

The Pica Cleaner will give the cell that final Polish.

Then clean the Brushes in Warm Water in a Sink. I use running water with Soft Soap and dab the brushes to the bottom of the sink.

I use my Fingers to push the soap and water towards the tips of the Bristles while Holding the brushes upside down.

I then Hold the Bristles together and rub my fingers over the tips vigorously
    all the while letting the water stream over them.

Remember The Pica cleaner foam is on the Brush tips so they never really get a chance to get dirty. The foam helps to clean them as well as the cell as the brushes do their job.

Clean the Brushes (As soon as your done using them and dont give them a chance to dry)...

Shake out all Excess water then allow them to dry upside down before putting them back into your Sponge Foam Lined Cell Pica Cleaner Case!

Use a 100v Transformer to prolong the life of your Pica Cleaner. Arby is a great source for them.

Dont use too much foam as it is not neccessary.

Start at the top of the cell and work your way down.

Keep the Brushes at 90 degrees to the cell face

Just use the tips of the Brushes

Dont push too hard let the Brushes and the Vibration do the work.

For Modern machines or well maintained /Restored Vintage Machines (Unless one was left somewhere outside or just really abused) The Pica Cleaner is all you would need for a very nice cleaning job.

However Even if you Purchase a new Modern machine check the cell first for anything that cut be loose or slightly broken that could cut or snag the Brushes.

I think that Pinball Machines would also make great candidates for the Pica Cleaner.

For those of you that dont have a Pica Cleaner..

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
    Led Zepplin

2. The following 18 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool Re: Cell Pica Care

Where might one such as I purchase such a wonderful machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cell Pica Care

from the great arbycoffee here in the auction listings
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Eddie, by "allow them to dry upside down" I'm assuming you mean bristle tips down, right?
    “It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.”

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by sharmoni View Post
    Eddie, by "allow them to dry upside down" I'm assuming you mean bristle tips down, right?
    Good point, I meant Bristles Up (Nothing Touching them to alter their shape)
    Led Zepplin